Sponsored

How are you planning on protecting your bronco once you get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in a town inhabited by car company employees, still mostly Ford. I may stick out a bit for a few weeks, but we already have little crime to no crime. No more concerned than normal. At the cabin in Northern MI? Even less crime and people don’t really give a rip about what you drive. I will leave the keys in the truck (locked with the keypad) and never wonder where I left them.
Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So in which state is it legal to use firearms to protect property again?
Only state I've heard of that kind of allows it is Texas, but only at nighttime and only if "he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41 ;  and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
... and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means;  or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury."

I don't know if anyone has ever successfully used that statute, but expect a lengthy legal fight and massive legal bills. In general unless you're in actual danger of being killed yourself, don't shoot people (I can't believe I even have to say that).

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To the unhelpful people saying to move or murder someone, OP has a great concern and question, which I share.

I plan to do dashcams, interior safes, tinting the windows (fun fact: the film keeps the glass together when attempted to be smashed), locking nuts/bolts, etc. I've never had a killswitch before, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the idea and want to look into it.

P.S. Just gonna say it: guns are for cowards. Learn how to fight with your hands.
Delete this if it is deemed political but I don't understand the gun culture. I have been a cop for over 25 years. I damn near had to shoot and kill someone three different times. I have had more than a few threats from people that I arrested they were going to find me and kill me. My gun has never left my work locker. I do not have a loaded gun in my house. I never carry off duty. I have talked four people out of killing themselves with a gun to their head, barricaded, or just needed someone to talk to. I guess there are at least 7 people still alive because I was the one that showed up.

My dad was in Vietnam, 1970, First Air Cav. Two Bronze Stars. My brother asked him once how many people did he kill. He said he didn't want to talk about it. My brother pressed and asked, 50? My dad responded, and then some. He told me that there are very, very few reasons to kill someone. Nothing prepares you for taking someone's life. You will never be the same afterwards. It fucked him up.

Car theft is punishable by most 1 to 3 years. Since when should you get the death penalty? Crazy thinking anyone would want to shoot someone for stealing a car. Crazy thinking people are gearing up to kill anyone. I sleep just fine at night without a loaded gun. I go to the store, dinner, to and from work, and every other day to day activities without ever thinking I need to have a gun. I have to carry the damn thing 40 hours plus a week. Why would I want to carry more than that? What is everyone afraid of.

jdvz411

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm fairly certain that my bronco will be the first and possibly only one in my town for a while. I have a build date and just got a call from the Dealer about a delivery date. That being said, I am worried about all the interest/attention my bronco will attract. So much so that I am worried about gawkers, onlookers, question askers and mostly people intentionally damaging or stealing my new ride. Am I being all paranoid? and if not, is there anyone else taking this into consideration?
I’ve worried a bit too but I am looking forward to having in the drive way. Especially bc the uppity guy next door has a Jeep and I hope it makes him sad. Yes I’m that way but he never even waves or says hi when all my other neighbors do.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really thought when I opened this thread it was going to be about paint protection film. 🤷‍♂️
Me too :ROFLMAO:

I think if Lamborghini’s and Ferrari’s can be in parking lots, I think our Bronco’s will be fine… Yeah, they’ll likely get some looks, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it… Unless you’re a celebrity or something??

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's all great advice. I just can't swallow the "nice jeep" stuff. That stuff stays in your gut like heavy metals. There's a little old lady that I still won't talk to because she once said, "I love your jeep".
That's because everyone and their mothers, sisters, cousins, dog has a hooked up, Wrangler. They're in every driveway, on every corner, in front of every cross fit gym, and every Starbucks. Should could have gotten away with; "I love your Camry", instead.

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling I'm going to get suckered into PPF for my Bronco.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To the unhelpful people saying to move or murder someone, OP has a great concern and question, which I share.

I plan to do dashcams, interior safes, tinting the windows (fun fact: the film keeps the glass together when attempted to be smashed), locking nuts/bolts, etc. I've never had a killswitch before, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the idea and want to look into it.

P.S. Just gonna say it: guns are for cowards. Learn how to fight with your hands.
Unhelpful? Don’t ask a question if you don’t want an obvious answer. Beats me why people choose to live in high crime areas, but if they ask for advice, my best advice would be live somewhere you don’t have that fear. Obviously, we don’t all think alike, but, one also shouldn’t ask for advice if they only want like thinkers.

My truck is currently sitting in the driveway with windows down and keys in it, as it often is, with no worries. Pretty sure every door to the house in unlocked too, but I will at least lock the front door before going to bed.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Unhelpful? Don’t ask a question if you don’t want an obvious answer. Beats me why people choose to live in high crime areas, but if they ask for advice, my best advice would be live somewhere you don’t have that fear. Obviously, we don’t all think alike, but, one also shouldn’t ask for advice if they only want like thinkers.
...you think you're some kind of Renaissance man? Clever? Sincere? OP asked a question and that response doesn't fit the parameters of it.

"I want advice protecting my Bronco."

"Move."

"WOAH. I never thought of that! Definitely the most convenient option! Thank you so much for your insightful opinion!!!"

Yeah... You aren't being helpful.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Delete this if it is deemed political but I don't understand the gun culture. I have been a cop for over 25 years. I damn near had to shoot and kill someone three different times. I have had more than a few threats from people that I arrested they were going to find me and kill me. My gun has never left my work locker. I do not have a loaded gun in my house. I never carry off duty. I have talked four people out of killing themselves with a gun to their head, barricaded, or just needed someone to talk to. I guess there are at least 7 people still alive because I was the one that showed up.

My dad was in Vietnam, 1970, First Air Cav. Two Bronze Stars. My brother asked him once how many people did he kill. He said he didn't want to talk about it. My brother pressed and asked, 50? My dad responded, and then some. He told me that there are very, very few reasons to kill someone. Nothing prepares you for taking someone's life. You will never be the same afterwards. It fucked him up.

Car theft is punishable by most 1 to 3 years. Since when should you get the death penalty? Crazy thinking anyone would want to shoot someone for stealing a car. Crazy thinking people are gearing up to kill anyone. I sleep just fine at night without a loaded gun. I go to the store, dinner, to and from work, and every other day to day activities without ever thinking I need to have a gun. I have to carry the damn thing 40 hours plus a week. Why would I want to carry more than that? What is everyone afraid of.
Best post of this entire thread. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Move back to Boston 🤣. Not much car theft
Never been. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But from what I know about it, they're more likely to fight ya' than shoot ya'.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

...you think you're some kind of Renaissance man? Clever? Sincere? OP asked a question and that response doesn't fit the parameters of it.

"I want advice protecting my Bronco."

"Move."

"WOAH. I never thought of that! Definitely the most convenient option! Thank you so much for your insightful opinion!!!"

Yeah... You aren't being helpful.
I think you already know the answer and don’t like it.
Better you than me though for all your worries. I wouldn’t tolerate them myself.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.