Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First Summer with the doors off, they have been off since May, so the doors are stored in the garage, vertically. For me, I have them sitting on a yoga mat, in the corner, with a foam pad wrapped around them, but I keep hoping a better solution presents itself.

How are you all storing your doors? Wall, floor, vertical, flat...what are your DIY or retail solutions?
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine are currently sitting in my hallway covered in only the finest Target linens. I need to build something.

@VelocityBronco How did you attach the PVC pipe assembly to the dolly?
Using a high strength, industrial grade adhesive rubber tape...
Ford Bronco How are you storing your doors? 1658318647702

I thought about using some U-bolts, but I haven't got back to it, and the duct tape is solid.

Sponsored

18Runner

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I built a couple of these carts to store mine. Works amazing so far! Made from 1" PVC pipe.

Great DIY idea. Would you mind posting rough dimensions? And did you use 3/4" pvc? Anything you would do different?

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great DIY idea. Would you mind posting rough dimensions? And did you use 3/4" pvc? Anything you would do different?
1" PVC.
I'd look for a larger dolley cart. This is all I could find at the time.
I think I went with 15" wide, 24" tall. I made a couple different widths for the door areas, but wider was easier to get the door in and out.

OP
OP
rugbysecondrow

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is what I built, posted by a member here. Can also add furniture dolly’s to the bottom for ease of moving them around

Ford Bronco How are you storing your doors? D509BDF7-4CE9-408C-84DB-D1AEE476EA56
I might build a caddy like this for the wall. I like the idea of the PVC and padding, I just want them up off the floor, away from the kids. lol

Sponsored

18Runner

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1" PVC.
I'd look for a larger dolley cart. This is all I could find at the time.
I think I went with 15" wide, 24" tall. I made a couple different widths for the door areas, but wider was easier to get the door in and out.
Thanks. Super helpful.

I got the bags Ford sells, thinking I could use them to hang the doors on the walls of my garage, but now that I have them I’m not confident that the straps will last if I regularly hang the weight of the doors from them, and your cart design will be a neater way to store them

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I built a couple of these carts to store mine. Works amazing so far! Made from 1" PVC pipe.

Ford Bronco How are you storing your doors? D509BDF7-4CE9-408C-84DB-D1AEE476EA56
Agree, this is a great idea. I currently use my old Jeep door hangers with the bronco door bags and they work fine in the garage. If the bags ever appear to start ripping I'll go the pvc route but these hangers keep the doors out of the way.

https://arcoffroad.com/shop/

20220824_094646.jpg

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree, this is a great idea. I currently use my old Jeep door hangers with the bronco door bags and they work fine in the garage. If the bags ever appear to start ripping I'll go the pvc route but these hangers keep the doors out of the way.

https://arcoffroad.com/shop/

Ford Bronco How are you storing your doors? 20220824_094646
Thats nice, I would really like to see both handles on that hook, but that hook doesn't look long enough to reach that 2nd handle.
I thought about doing this, but I don't have a big enough open wall area to hang all 4 doors in my garage.

ryannshit

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2.3 L Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats nice, I would really like to see both handles on that hook, but that hook doesn't look long enough to reach that 2nd handle.
I thought about doing this, but I don't have a big enough open wall area to hang all 4 doors in my garage.
Yeah, currently only hanging my front roof panels on them and I do use both handles for it most of the time. I have 3 hangers on my lower garage wall and 1 up high.

Currently don't have the doors off to demonstrate but maybe I'll take em off this weekend
Sponsored