Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
An excellent article which answers quite a few of the questions people have had regarding the AWD system in Bronco/Ranger.

Yes, you will have to do a bit of reading. You'll most likely also have to do a bit of noodling in your noodle basket to understand some of this, but it's not rocket science so have at it and read the whole article.

How All-Wheel Drive Works: A Ridiculously Detailed Technical Explainer

Full disclosure: I'm not a big fan of Jalopnik, however, this article is very good and stays on it's intended path quite well.
Sponsored

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's pretty well researched article. It covers a number of different system types, and the author happens to have the same position I have regarding how AWD / 4WD are defined. Full disclosure - I was one of the people the author consulted with.

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That's pretty well researched article. It covers a number of different system types, and the author happens to have the same position I have regarding how AWD / 4WD are defined. Full disclosure - I was one of the people the author consulted with.
Moderators: how do we report this user? :whistle::sneaky:🍻

Have been mostly logged out from the world this past week but the article didn't come up via a search. Hope your assisted article hasn't been posted to death on here.

At least it hasn't been read to death based on the postings that came up in search results o_O

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Moderators: how do we report this user? :whistle::sneaky:🍻

Have been mostly logged out from the world this past week but the article didn't come up via a search. Hope your assisted article hasn't been posted to death on here.

At least it hasn't been read to death based on the postings that came up in search results o_O
I was just about to report you for trying to be educational and make thinking happen between my ears.

Glcmranger

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
An excellent article which answers quite a few of the questions people have had regarding the AWD system in Bronco/Ranger.

Yes, you will have to do a bit of reading. You'll most likely also have to do a bit of noodling in your noodle basket to understand some of this, but it's not rocket science so have at it and read the whole article.

Full disclosure: I'm not a big fan of Jalopnik, however, this article is very good and stays on it's intended path quite well.
I thought the new Bronco is a 4WD system which means it has a dual range transfer case. Are you saying the new Bronco is not 4WD and instead is an All Wheel Drive (AWD) vehicle?

OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I thought the new Bronco is a 4WD system which means it has a dual range transfer case. Are you saying the new Bronco is not 4WD and instead is an All Wheel Drive (AWD) vehicle?
@Glcmranger: Not only was that covered in the opening section of the article, but one of the contributors to the article (and is credited at the bottom of the article if you cared to look up his profession/industry), @Rocketeer Rick, commented on exactly your question yesterday.

Feel free to ask questions which weren't immediately covered in the article. It's quite detailed and informative!

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have to take my noodle out of vacation mode. Looks to be worth it with this though.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Murf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'94 F150. '15 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base

yeah, but will it make coffee? That's the big question

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

@Glcmranger: Not only was that covered in the opening section of the article, but one of the contributors to the article (and is credited at the bottom of the article if you cared to look up his profession/industry), @Rocketeer Rick, commented on exactly your question yesterday.

Feel free to ask questions which weren't immediately covered in the article. It's quite detailed and informative!
The article is longer than War & Peace, perhaps a few crib notes and answers would not hurt.

Last edited:

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs