First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2015 Mustang and my old 2011 Fiesta have the old school BLIS system LOL.

mustang-sideview-mirror-jpg.jpg

Still out of habit I always glance over shoulder.
Thank you for actually looking over your shoulder lol! My mother-in-law thinks she can see everything in her rear view camera so she just looks at that to back up.... How have you not killed somebody already lady?
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First of all, I love this forum. It never ceases to surprise me. This whole "argument" is so stupid and has completely taken away from my main point. Which is that the Base is meant for people that would buy a Bronco with manual windows and locks if they could. (Oh shit I shouldn't use a conjunction like that apparently. I actually mean manual windows and manual locks. ? )

I'll give you the fact that I could have worded it a little bit better. I should have known better from my time here. However I'll argue that when you take four words out of my sentence to make a 'joke', that you did in fact take it out of context. As an educator I love that I'm getting Grammar Nazi'd by a person who doesn't consistently use correct capitalization.
If what you got up dar is a conjunction, you may want to have a doctor take a look at that. Think they treat with them antibiotics. :giggle:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for actually looking over your shoulder lol! My mother-in-law thinks she can see everything in her rear view camera so she just looks at that to back up.... How have you not killed somebody already lady?
I don't know why buy I can't look at the review mirror when backing up. Its over the shoulder and my side mirrors. Now I have gotten a custom to looking in the rear view camera display in the mustang at the HEB because it can give me a better view of pedestrians that are coming up from a farther distance.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sadly I bought one. Those paper straws are just the worst. I feel like I need to carry a purse to hold my metal straw though. Real men pull the lid off and drink from the side!

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adjust your mirrors correctly... no blind spot
not sure when they stop teaching this.... I must be getting old

https://www.defensivedriving.com/safe-driver-resources/how-to-get-rid-of-your-blind-spot/
Thank you. Blind spot indicators are those little reflective things on the side of the car. Theyre making cars where every idiot can just get in it and be a mindless robot. Crash avoidance, BLIS, lane change blah blah. Im behind the steering wheel, let me run the show.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yah, hopefully BLIS gets the same treatment. And yes California is crazy for laws so we tend to get them before other states. They doing paper straws in Texas yet? Because they are terrible. I like turtles a lot, but I'm not sure I like them enough to use paper straws, that's all i'm saying. lol.
Plastic straws are still good to use in Texas lol. I bet when it does start though, it will start in Austin. Several restaurants around the city have voluntarily decided to switch to paper straws. So when you’re trying to enjoy a frozen margarita under the hot summer sun... You either have to choose between a mushy straw that doesn’t work anymore or a brain freeze haha.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will tell you what I DONT want.

TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM with expensive sensors that go dead and then set off warning lights that bug the hell out of me.

HAHAHA all because people are to lazy to check their tire pressure with a gauge.

Here is a tip to keep the light off and not deal with them.

PVC pipe capped on both ends with sensors inside and a tire valve in the end. Pressurize and throw it under the seat ECM thinks everything is ok and you never have to deal with them again. swap wheels and tires all day long.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
HAHAHA all because people are to lazy to check their tire pressure with a gauge.

Here is a tip to keep the light off and not deal with them.

PVC pipe capped on both ends with sensors inside and a tire valve in the end. Pressurize and throw it under the seat ECM thinks everything is ok and you never have to deal with them again. swap wheels and tires all day long.
Just don’t cross into Mexico or Canada with a pipe bomb... err I mean pipes concealed in the wheel wells/frame.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a rover with all the bells and whistles, and the 1 feature that i like should be included on all new cars as a safety feature is what ford calls blis…...which for those that don't know is a little light that comes on in your side mirrors to let you know if a car is approaching or in your blind spot.

lol @ not letting the consumer buy a safety feature...….much fail
And if Ford had it on every trim then people would say they’re being forced to get something they don’t want. The radar sensors are fairly expensive in most cases and people would whine about that once warranty runs out.

Sponsored

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a rover with all the bells and whistles, and the 1 feature that i like should be included on all new cars as a safety feature is what ford calls blis…...which for those that don't know is a little light that comes on in your side mirrors to let you know if a car is approaching or in your blind spot.

lol @ not letting the consumer buy a safety feature...….much fail
I literally just sold my LR4 to a friend minutes ago.
Can’t wait for this Bronco.

FORD should include ALL safety devices as standard.
Ford Bronco how awful is it that ford won't even let you buy BLIS on the base model 05AE68FB-2F26-4D64-9208-41B1992A6F15

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I literally just sold my LR4 to a friend minutes ago.
Can’t wait for this Bronco.

FORD should include ALL safety devices as standard.
05AE68FB-2F26-4D64-9208-41B1992A6F15.jpeg
Why? A large percentage of us do not want those features? I find the vast majority of “safety tech” accomplishes the exact opposite of their intention. Half of the population becomes mindless zombies incapable of driving or reacting when the system does not work; the other half that want to enjoy the experience are beat down by over bearing nannies that repeatedly fail to make observations or take the actions expected of any sober functioning human.

Adding additional unwanted electronics to a car is hugely unappealing.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on getting all the tech I possibly can (Badlands with Lux). I personally like the tech, but I also know it's expensive and yes, can break.

But I'm willing to pay for it.

If BLIS and safety is your biggest concern then I'd recommend researching the cheapest new vehicle that offers BLIS standard.

Honda Fit? Chevy Cruz? Something from Kia or Hyundai?

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ll throw my hat in the no BLIS please ring. I definitely don’t want my seat to rumble either like others do. Peripheral pulse lights at night can be distracting.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.