Sponsored

How bad is sasquatch really for family road tripper / ride quality?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...and i mayyyy want a license plate that says QUATCHD
Sponsored

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

33s and 4.46 will probably feel slower than 35s and 4.70s. Obviously the 35s will ride better than 33s on the same size rim by nature of having more sidewall to cushion the ride.
Relative gearing is the same in both cases. (35/33*4.46~=4.7) With the 35's you will be dealing with not only a heavier Bronco to accelerate/brake, but you also get hit double because of the moment of inertia of the tires. 33's will be quicker. Off road this doesn't really matter and then it is just gearing.

CinciGP

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`72 Jeep CJ6, `04 Jeep Rubicon, '18 Jeep JLU sport, `09 Mercedes CLK550
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I expect that the bronco will be noticeably louder then an f150 with same tires. Might be a little quieter with the lined hardtop, but still louder.

Long time jeep and convertible owner. The only one that was sedan quiet was the mercedes clk550. And that top is mutli-lined, built from over 600 parts. Dont even want to guess what it costs to replace!!! And their customers would not expect anything else.

But with the newer hard and soft tops you can easily carry on a conversation at highway speeds. Unlike an old CJ. But you would still not hear the clock, as the old rolls ad use to quote.

And as others have said, it is mt for max traction, not mud terrain. So I would expect them to be quieter and better in snow and rain then a true mt. But still suck in mud. All the AT goodyear tires, that I tried, which they sold as a more extreme AT, did poorly in mud. My gut feeling looking it this tread that it is much closer to mall crusier AT then a total offroad mt tire.

Sas package does give you the upgraded ratio. So that is a big plus in my book. Dont need to regear for sightly larger tires. And will be an option that people will be looking for when used. Just like rubicon with jeep. And should reduce engine rpms on the highway.

But it is a life choice. I have driven my cj6 on highway trips. Even with the hardtop you are yelling at each other.

My JKU, JLU and JT soft tops are/were significantly quieter. (34s mt on the JKU, 35s mt on the JLU and 33s mt on the JT.) I have no problem taking long family trips with them. But if you are use to driving your lexus, you might consider it loud and tiring. So really depends on your point of reference.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I truly cannot understand why everybody thinks the Bronco will "ride" poorly???
offroaders such as this are typically too far on the soft side for folks who drive in a sporting manner.
Now, how will it "handle"? Unsure, but I'll bet there will be a lot of body lean on exit/entrance ramps.

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I truly cannot understand why everybody thinks the Bronco will "ride" poorly???
offroaders such as this are typically too far on the soft side for folks who drive in a sporting manner.
Now, how will it "handle"? Unsure, but I'll bet there will be a lot of body lean on exit/entrance ramps.
I expect ride will be closer to a 4Runner than a Jeep. Also think the Wildtrak will probably have a little better ride if its set up for high speed desert running (thinking Raptor lite). Raptors get a lot of love around here because the roads are so bad, not because anyone takes them off road (they are way to wide for most trails around here, heck a regular F150 is too wide).

(and I see Cheshire is still running around trying to apply a hot hatch mentality to something that is nowhere near a hot hatch...at least he finally stopped trying to say 35's will be dangerous).
Sponsored