Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ask this question because i had the 'pleasure" of being in front of a bronco last night on the 10 freeway out of palm springs whose lights were so bright it was blinding me through my mirrors, and i was riding in a sprinter van. If this is the low beam standard running lights this is extremely obnoxious. Hoping the guy just couldnt figure out he had his high beams on. California freeways are already so bright you really don't even need headlights. Now i am wondering what the high beam verse regular lights look like.

Thanks, still cant wait to get mine.
Sponsored

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Serious question. Hopefully they’re not too “blue” either. Those suckers are annoying…

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve heard the factory headlights are pretty darn good. Haven’t tried them myself though. Might even be a YouTube video out there you could search for with a comparison at night.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The lights are very bright. White light, no blue but they are bright. The headlights have auto highbeams and they work great to turn on and off as needed.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well, they won’t drain your battery. Left them on in the garage yesterday for about 15 hours. Cranked right up.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

drove in the dark for the first time just now, lights are plenty bright but fall off low enough not to shine directly into some sedan in front of me, maybe that guy had his highbeams on and didn't notice or is just a jerk.
The light is bright and "white", not blue. I really see no reason to add extra lights for anything I'd ever do and I didn't even try the high beams, since there were cars in front of me.

OP
OP
Yii-Haw

Yii-Haw

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango / 66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It looked like a cactus gray base. Followed me all the way down the 60 to Redlands. I think it was from auto nation. Lights were definitely white, everyone wqs a bit quick to get out of the way of the lights.

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a badlands drive behind me for about 20 miles on the interstate, with me in a 2015 Durango. I did not notice that they were overly bright so I am guessing your had his high beams on.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Most likely it was some thing like a base or OBX Bronco with a lift. You have to re-aim the headlights after lift, which no one seems to do, for this very reason.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I took delivery a month ago and the headlights are very bright, very good too for factory LED headlights. The high beams are even better. The light it a nice white light that illuminates almost everything in front of you from 9 o clock to 3 o clock

Bob Blaylock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Dart
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Serious question. Hopefully they’re not too “blue” either. Those suckers are annoying…
My eyes seem to prefer lighting to be a bit more blueish than what most people's eyes prefer.

However, for headlights, those more toward that end of the spectrum are obnoxious. The shorter wavelengths of light scatter more, and produce more glare.

Next time you're driving at night, and it's foggy or hazy, take note when you are stopped at a red light, of the degree of sharpness with which you see the red light. When the light turns green, if you're paying attention, you'll notice that it is less clear, with more glare. That's because green light has a shorter wavelength than red light, and scatters more.

It's also why, with a green laser pointer, you can see the beam itself more easily, even in clean air, compared to a red laser pointer. Even in clean air, a green laser's light scatters, making the beam more visible.
Sponsored