Sponsored

How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!)

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealers are desperate. I'm sure mine here will add ADM, but I don't plan on paying it just like the OP. I'm not as desperate as the dealer is, though I know they'll sell it one way or another. Better to make them work for it.
Highly recommend simply asking for a Purchase Order signature that’s good through 2022 at minimum.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Blah blah blah . I’m sure that’s what Ford had in mind with this whole reservation system and all the people that have waited over a year . I’m sure if they read your post they might see it differently but who knows . Did you miss the original OP‘s opening Comment . I can only surmise you are of the mindset that dealers can do whatever they want without any repercussions so I guess that’s it. Their word means nothing being an ethical business with integrity must be a thing of the past for people with your mindset. and ask for your question who told me that ? That wouldn’t matter to you , you have your mindset I have mine.
It isn’t about mindset sir, it’s about reality of what they can do. If you don’t want to accept it, then don’t. Hang out in fantasy land. Most dealers will be ethical and stand by their commitments. Some won’t. There is little to stop them if they don’t want to. If you think you have to release the vehicle for the dealer to sell it, then ok…just tell yourself that based on something you made up in your head. Cool.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I've had similar thoughts. Some even more vindictive lol. But I'm just not sure that "car dealership is shady!" will make for any headlines ya know? Figured I'd get the story out to local community. If even one person goes to a different dealership, that's a hit to them they wouldn't have had if they'd been straight.
I’d be crushing Mike Levine’s Twitter. CRUSHING. Did I say that loud enough? CRUSHING!!!!!
F’ that dealer. He got exactly what he wanted. Ahhhhhhhrrrrrrggggg

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’d be crushing Mike Levine’s Twitter. CRUSHING. Did I say that loud enough? CRUSHING!!!!!
F’ that dealer. He got exactly what he wanted. Ahhhhhhhrrrrrrggggg
I did hit his Twitter yesterday with a brief recap and some images of the markup
I've also called Ford again today, I can't even get past the first Tier of marketing to talk with anyone else about it

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did hit his Twitter yesterday with a brief recap and some images of the markup
I've also called Ford again today, I can't even get past the first Tier of marketing to talk with anyone else about it
Hit him again and again. He has helped people with the electric mustang that were getting slammed with ADM's. Heck he still is if you look at his comments and replies.

Sponsored

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like you put an order in for a very buildable config, soft top big bends have been getting built pretty quick
Not mine. I HAD a build date of TODAY (9-17) that got stolen by some other vehicle, thus kicking me down the road 4 weeks. Total B.S. on FORD's behalf. That company has their heads straight up their (explicit)

Delayed a MONTH. with a "very buildable" configuration. I'm done with Ford vehicles after this one.

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hit him again and again. He has helped people with the electric mustang that were getting slammed with ADM's. Heck he still is if you look at his comments and replies.
I'll keep trying, it's good to think he might actually reply.

Does this seem like it's effective?

Ford Bronco How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!) 1631905188663

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!) 368A4E8D-4B57-4CAA-94FB-3E3BAF7D1195

CFLBronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'll keep trying, it's good to think he might actually reply.

Does this seem like it's effective?

Ford Bronco How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!) 368A4E8D-4B57-4CAA-94FB-3E3BAF7D1195
It's effectiveness will remain to be seen, but other users on social media can help by replying or retweeting it.
It's easily found by searching Twitter for "Change our dealership". Reply, retweet, whatever - get it seen by more people. Maybe Ford will take a stance on it. I personally doubt they'll do anything, but they definitely won't without an effort.

I'm afraid I may end up being another bad story. I thought my signed spec sheet would be enough, but have learned it won't be if they want to screw me. I've asked for a price sheet, but haven't heard back yet. I'm hoping for decent human behavior, but humans have a way of disappointing.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so you want to give the consumer the option to blackmail the dealer into a lower price, like if they don't give it to you for invoice minus $1500 or maybe actual dealer cost plus one dollar? Will you have it shipped from that dealer to another? If that one won't meet your demands, you can ship it again, is there a limit of how many times you want to have the vehicle shipped? Are you paying for the shipping again and again?

It is moot, you gave up the order and got your $500 back. There is nothing further to do. It is a shit move by the dealer you trusted. In the words of "Animal House"'s Otter; "You fucked up, you trusted us."

What do you expect to have happen now? You gave up the order, got your deposit back, what do you think you are entitled to at this point?

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I put in my Reservation through a local dealership here in Ohio LAST WEEK (9/7) and I just got my Build date email this morning? I have to guess that they must be spinning things up pretty heavily now? I wasn't expecting this for MONTHS. I'm also confused as I thought this wasn't an actual reservation yet until the order bank opened back up? Sorry, many questions, but ultimately I'm unbelievably excited!

I put in for a 4D, Big Bend, Manual, Soft Top, in Cactus Grey and only optioned for the Signature LEDs.

EDIT: As stated later in this thread:

Annnnd here we go. I was supposed to go in this week to sign our Purchase Order for MSRP after my dealer agreed to it last week over the phone giving me his word that they are a family business that is all about return business.

Now that we have gotten the build date he has told me they were wrong and they were going to mark it up by $7000. He is saying he’s fought for me all day and gotten that down to $3500.

------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Got ahold of Sales Mgmt and Ownership. It felt like something straight out of a movie. They doubled and tripled down that the sales-person simply misspoke and that even if I hadn't gotten the Build Date they would have stopped me today when I came in to sign the PO.

They then said I was simply going to turn around and sell it privately for 10-30k mark-up myself, so MSRP just wasn't going to be something they would ever have agreed to.

When I asked if social media and community mattered to them they got defensive and said I could "make threats" all I wanted, but they'd have no trouble sleeping tonight.

What a rollercoaster today man. I cancelled my order with them, and just got my money returned.

Thanks for the suggestions and help B6G. I'll continue to chase the unicorn.

/thread
Honesty, eff that dealer. If you need a vehicle now, go to Jeep, or to Toyota for a 4Runner. Come back to a different Ford dealer in a few years when the hype dies down.

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

so you want to give the consumer the option to blackmail the dealer into a lower price, like if they don't give it to you for invoice minus $1500 or maybe actual dealer cost plus one dollar? Will you have it shipped from that dealer to another? If that one won't meet your demands, you can ship it again, is there a limit of how many times you want to have the vehicle shipped? Are you paying for the shipping again and again?

It is moot, you gave up the order and got your $500 back. There is nothing further to do. It is a shit move by the dealer you trusted. In the words of "Animal House"'s Otter; "You fucked up, you trusted us."

What do you expect to have happen now? You gave up the order, got your deposit back, what do you think you are entitled to at this point?
You seem surprised that a consumer would want the ability to shop around and compare?

The vehicle is far from shipment and the dealership already gouged because they know they can. If Ford allowed me to change my reservation on the build I put in, to another dealership, I would ABSOLUTELY shop around for the best deal I could find. Y'know, the way purchasing a vehicle typically works in a pre-COVID/microchip shortage world. That's how it all works my friend, that isn't blackmail.

I'm not sure I feel entitled to anything? I was ready to pay money for a product. At this point, while I'd love to see my reservation moved from the scummy dealership, it's really about a cautionary tale, and letting my local community know.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You seem surprised that a consumer would want the ability to shop around and compare?

The vehicle is far from shipment and the dealership already gouged because they know they can. If Ford allowed me to change my reservation on the build I put in, to another dealership, I would ABSOLUTELY shop around for the best deal I could find. .
Dude, you just put in your reservation last week, and you weren't expecting to get pulled...just go order now from a low priced dealer with a price in writing this time before the order is completed. Chapman of Horsham is only a state over, and you can still order from them below invoice....now.

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dude, you just put in your reservation last week, and yuo weren't expecting to get pulled...just go order now from a low priced dealer with a price in writing this time before the order is completed. Chapman of Horsham is only a state over, and you can still order from them below invoice....now.
Absolutely, I've already opened a new Reservation with a signed PO
Sponsored