Sponsored

How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!)

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So the GSM told you that YOU were just going to turn around and sell the vehicle at a huge profit, so he was "forced" to tack on a $7k ADM...

...yet he did that himself without you in the picture. Un-freaking-believable. Blow this post up, spread it like wildfire.
Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Put my story on our local subreddit. I don't expect much to come of it, but at least it's out there.

What about going to your local TV station that investigates things like this and shines the light on shady practices. Then lets see what they do.

Just a thought

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So the GSM told you that YOU were just going to turn around and sell the vehicle at a huge profit, so he was "forced" to tack on a $7k ADM...

...yet he did that himself without you in the picture. Un-freaking-believable. Blow this post up, spread it like wildfire.
yeah that was the point where it really hit me that they just were not going to be reasonable

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What about going to your local TV station that investigates things like this and shines the light on shady practices. Then lets see what they do.

Just a thought
Yeah I've had similar thoughts. Some even more vindictive lol. But I'm just not sure that "car dealership is shady!" will make for any headlines ya know? Figured I'd get the story out to local community. If even one person goes to a different dealership, that's a hit to them they wouldn't have had if they'd been straight.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OP,
Good for you on walking out. You will sleep a lot better knowing you didn't leave a pile of money on the table!

Sponsored
OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OP,
Good for you on walking out. You will sleep a lot better knowing you didn't leave a pile of money on the table!
Appreciate the affirmation my dude. Super grateful for this forum and the advice/help.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sounds like they put in your quick pull order at priority 10, marked it up and hope you walk.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
the only part of this post i have issue with is the OP saying "orders are taking 5-9 months"!! That's funny

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Who told you that?
Stop and think. What would happen if any dealer just started selling customers orders any time they want . They have customers reservation deposits. Also some dealers have larger deposits than others. Really how do you think that would work out.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stop and think. What would happen if any dealer just started selling customers orders any time they want . They have customers reservation deposits. Also some dealers have larger deposits than others. Really how do you think that would work out.
You're trying to apply what you think is logical to a process, rather than looking at reality. The dealer buys the vehicle from Ford. They sell it to a consumer. That consumer can be the one that placed an order with the dealer, or someone else; but if there is no agreement to purchase in place with the person who ordered then the dealer can do whatever they want with it. The only penalty being from Ford is reduced future allocations, if the dealer fails to have more than 80% of those orders go to the reservation holder. That's it. No one has to "release" anything....that "release" comment was just made up, that's why I asked who told them that.

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're trying to apply what you think is logical to a process, rather than looking at reality. The dealer buys the vehicle from Ford. They sell it to a consumer. That consumer can be the one that placed an order with the dealer, or someone else; but if there is no agreement to purchase in place with the person who ordered then the dealer can do whatever they want with it. The only penalty being from Ford is reduced future allocations, if the dealer fails to have more than 80% of those orders go to the reservation holder. That's it. No one has to "release" anything....that "release" comment was just made up, that's why I asked who told them that.
Blah blah blah . Iā€™m sure thatā€™s what Ford had in mind with this whole reservation system and all the people that have waited over a year . Iā€™m sure if they read your post they might see it differently but who knows . Did you miss the original OPā€˜s opening Comment . I can only surmise you are of the mindset that dealers can do whatever they want without any repercussions so I guess thatā€™s it. Their word means nothing being an ethical business with integrity must be a thing of the past for people with your mindset. and ask for your question who told me that ? That wouldnā€™t matter to you , you have your mindset I have mine.

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dealers are desperate. I'm sure mine here will add ADM, but I don't plan on paying it just like the OP. I'm not as desperate as the dealer is, though I know they'll sell it one way or another. Better to make them work for it.
Sponsored