Sponsored

How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!)

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bwahahahahaha!!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Go get your Bronco at MSRP, dude. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Don't look a gift horse in the mouth! ๐Ÿ˜
Yeah I think I'm with you man, this is a dream vehicle that will hold its value for a long time and provide a hell of a lot of fun opportunities. Not to mention any alternative in this market is a LONG SHOT and doesn't look good at all for the next 12-18 months minimum.
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a call first thing this morning. The dealer is now offering me MSRP. I am super torn. Part of me was going to be alright never hearing from them again.

I asked them what changed, and he said he wasn't sure to be honest. So already re-establishing trust with them is fuzzy, at best. I told them I would call them back.
They obviously discussed it internally, and decided to honor what a rep there told you, even though it wasn't approved by the GM...they are doing what they told you they would do. I don't see the problem now.

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I think I'm with you man, this is a dream vehicle that will hold its value for a long time and provide a hell of a lot of fun opportunities. Not to mention any alternative in this market is a LONG SHOT and doesn't look good at all for the next 12-18 months minimum.
I know this is an odd point to make as someone who was willing to wait like everyone else but...we also just need a second sooner than later.

They are drawing up the PO right now to send me a copy of it before I go in to sign anything. I told them everything must be on it, down to the cent. If it's done correctly we'll have that contract, and when the Bronco comes in it should be short work, and I can be done with this business.

Even with the PO signed, if something does go sideways, I plan to keep my other reservation. I can always opt out if something comes up.

Thanks for the responses guys and gals.

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know this is an odd point to make as someone who was willing to wait like everyone else but...we also just need a second sooner than later.

They are drawing up the PO right now to send me a copy of it before I go in to sign anything. I told them everything must be on it, down to the cent. If it's done correctly we'll have that contract, and when the Bronco comes in it should be short work, and I can be done with this business.

Even with the PO signed, if something does go sideways, I plan to keep my other reservation. I can always opt out if something comes up.

Thanks for the responses guys and gals.
Sounds like you've got your ducks in a row, hope it all goes as expected and glad we could offer some helpful advice for you.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got a call first thing this morning. The dealer is now offering me MSRP. I am super torn. Part of me was going to be alright never hearing from them again.

I asked them what changed, and he said he wasn't sure to be honest. So already re-establishing trust with them is fuzzy, at best. I told them I would call them back.
Go get your Bronco and don't ever go back. Dealers make money off of the back office, parts, and service, not the sale of cars themselves. Do whatever it takes (getting your own loan, for example) to spend as little time in the back office as possible. Never return after that.

Sponsored

the blue potato

Wildtrak
First Name
Mr. Gone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@MayhemMike has it 100% correct here. Anything on dealer lot is ADM game. Retail Orders is done at dealer with agreed price - including all signed paper work (DORA, etc).

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
it kills me this is going on and people are buying these at huge markups. I don't get it at all.
The dealership I bought mine from has 2 Broncos just sitting there not sold with no markup. Maybe these markups are not as big a thing in Canada??

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If this happened to me- I would just stand on the roadway outside their dealership with a sign that they canโ€™t be trusted. - like every Saturday for a month. Then I would call the local paper and say some crazy guy is protesting in front of the dealership. Maybe they would do an article? Then I would walk away and send a note to Ford that they could keep thier F-Ing Bronco and buy something else.

hozer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it kills me this is going on and people are buying these at huge markups. I don't get it at all.
The dealership I bought mine from has 2 Broncos just sitting there not sold with no markup. Maybe these markups are not as big a thing in Canada??
Overall we tend to be statistically a bit "smarter" with vehicle purchases in Canada. Does not surprise me a $60k toy is sitting

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure, but I've seen several people, all Canada, say the same thing.

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you say what dealership? My coworker is in Toronto, has had a Bronco Sport sitting chip-less in Michigan for 6 months.

brian_ssm

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Pontiac Trans Am
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you say what dealership? My coworker is in Toronto, has had a Bronco Sport sitting chip-less in Michigan for 6 months.
Sure. Dealership is Maitland motors in Sault Ste Marie. They have an Outer Banks and a manual Big Bend there right now. Both soft tops though which explains partially why they haven't sold yet here. I would not have gone without my MIC top in these winters!

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Brian. Yeah thats really crazy but I guess its far enough outside of GTA, and you cant exactly search Fords website to find Bronco specific inventory like you can other vehicles (that I can tell at least).

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Much Thanks for these posts Sean . . we don't see this kind of info very often . .

If the buyer has a trade-in, in most states I believe they get a tax reduction for the trade-in value . . . but not in CA I believe ? . .
But if buyer has the vehicle shipped, maybe they still get the trade-in tax reduction w home state DMV . . .
Correct, California has no tax break on trade ins. You'd have to check with your state tax board on an out of state transaction.
Sponsored