Sponsored

How?! Build date within a week of "Reserve" (Now Marked up) (MARK UP REMOVED!)

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I put in my Reservation through a local dealership here in Ohio LAST WEEK (9/7) and I just got my Build date email this morning? I have to guess that they must be spinning things up pretty heavily now? I wasn't expecting this for MONTHS. I'm also confused as I thought this wasn't an actual reservation yet until the order bank opened back up? Sorry, many questions, but ultimately I'm unbelievably excited!

I put in for a 4D, Big Bend, Manual, Soft Top, in Cactus Grey and only optioned for the Signature LEDs.

EDIT: As stated later in this thread:

Annnnd here we go. I was supposed to go in this week to sign our Purchase Order for MSRP after my dealer agreed to it last week over the phone giving me his word that they are a family business that is all about return business.

Now that we have gotten the build date he has told me they were wrong and they were going to mark it up by $7000. He is saying he’s fought for me all day and gotten that down to $3500.

------------------------------------------------------

Update:

Got ahold of Sales Mgmt and Ownership. It felt like something straight out of a movie. They doubled and tripled down that the sales-person simply misspoke and that even if I hadn't gotten the Build Date they would have stopped me today when I came in to sign the PO.

They then said I was simply going to turn around and sell it privately for 10-30k mark-up myself, so MSRP just wasn't going to be something they would ever have agreed to.

When I asked if social media and community mattered to them they got defensive and said I could "make threats" all I wanted, but they'd have no trouble sleeping tonight.

What a rollercoaster today man. I cancelled my order with them, and just got my money returned.

Thanks for the suggestions and help B6G. I'll continue to chase the unicorn.

/thread

Updated Update!:

Dealership called me this morning (Monday 9/20) and offered me back at MSRP. I've asked them to draw up a PO down to the penny. I'm heading in to sign it a bit later today. I'll be hanging on to my other reservations.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JBowles

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like you put an order in for a very buildable config, soft top big bends have been getting built pretty quick

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like you put an order in for a very buildable config, soft top big bends have been getting built pretty quick
Not mine. 4 door bb squach soft top

Sponsored

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

the 2.7 and the Squatch package is what's hurting you
That's been what I've figured too. They're getting close to my reservation date with similar builds so I'll keep waiting for the magic email. I'm tired of holding my breath though.

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I put in my Reservation through a local dealership here in Ohio LAST WEEK (9/7) and I just got my Build date email this morning? I have to guess that they must be spinning things up pretty heavily now? I wasn't expecting this for MONTHS. I'm also confused as I thought this wasn't an actual reservation yet until the order bank opened back up? Sorry, many questions, but ultimately I'm unbelievably excited!

I put in for a 4D, Big Bend, Manual, Soft Top, in Cactus Grey and only optioned for the Signature LEDs.

Alright !! . . . Way to go !!

A few days ago, one of the B6G "Experts" said this was impossible -
He said MY21 orders were closed Sept 3rd . . . no way to place new order till MY22 opened . . .

If you have it right, then your experience contradicts the "Expert" claim . . .

dcaero

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got the same! I ordered in August.

OBX SAS, 2.7, High package, tow...soft top. I'm shocked as my dealer said to expect a year wait!

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Annnnd here we go. I was supposed to go in this week to sign our Purchase Order for MSRP after my dealer agreed to it last week over the phone giving me his word that they are a family business that is all about return business.

Now that we have gotten the build date he has told me they were wrong and they were going to mark it up by $7000. He is saying he’s fought for me all day and gotten that down to $3500.

Sponsored

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is beyond f**ked. They NEEDED you to commit to an order so that they could fulfill their outstanding allocation, you did and now that you are "locked in" they are dumping an ADM on top of a verbal agreed upon price. If you bail, they sell it for minimum +$7k ADM, probably more. If you take it they sympathize and only stick you with a $3.5k charge.

I'd threaten to out them on social media and go into detail how shady this has been and hope the threat makes them second guess this because at the end of the day its all on the dealership not Ford.

OP
OP
never

never

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This is beyond f**ked. They NEEDED you to commit to an order so that they could fulfill their outstanding allocation, you did and now that you are "locked in" they are dumping an ADM on top of a verbal agreed upon price. If you bail, they sell it for minimum +$7k ADM, probably more. If you take it they sympathize and only stick you with a $3.5k charge.

I'd threaten to out them on social media and go into detail how shady this has been and hope the threat makes them second guess this because at the end of the day its all on the dealership not Ford.

Agreed, and I do want to lean on them, I'm just not sure how to leverage social media without sounding like an e-Karen. In other words, I don't know what I should do to out them via social media? Maybe a post to my local subreddit?

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Take your iPad into the store with you and show them this thread. Tell him you will get into details as to name of dealership his name and any other information you deem necessary and it will be all over the net . Let him know that he should expect emails and phone calls from a lot of people. Good luck.
Sponsored