Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or potentially under the rears. I realize they will for forward and down but I'm guessing there is actually quite a bit of empty space "inside" the rear seat bottoms.
They’re trying to avoid the rear seats, because of the fold flat, I believe
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Center console? I've heard it's big enough for a fridge.

Jokes aside, I've done the rear under-seat box on a 40/60 rear seat and didn't get to use the 60 side. It wasn't the worst.

I'm wondering how much room is behind the plastic walls in the back, that might be an option. I'd be OK with a single 10.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, $900 is a lot less than the upgrade price to a trim level with the B&O audio. I know the JBL can be wired, but it's also a Bluetooth speaker, which could be handy during your outdoor adventures. Also the ability to detach it or flip it rear-facing if needed. I wonder if you can broadcast Bluetooth audio from the head unit to the speaker, or if that's a one-way trip only and you'd have to run wires?
Yeah, not trying to debate the functionality/quality. Just saying, $900 is a lot. They do have 3mm and RCA inputs.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They’re trying to avoid the rear seats, because of the fold flat, I believe
I understand that but I was assuming that they were thinking that the rear seats weren't an option because when folded the space below them "goes away". I was merely pointing out that there might actually still be usable space there even when folded. Of course we don't actually know how much space there might be since I don't think there have been any pictures of the underside of any of the seats, from or rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love the insight guys, I'll look into the little space under the cargo area if my best option for sound is to use the lower cargo area (means I can't store my doors and roof in the back anymore) but sounds more important, and yes the bazooka is like a last ditch effort, but probably a kicker bazooka if I had to. My f150 has 2 JL10TW3's great sub.

Sponsored

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m looking into getting either a JL Audio 10TW3 or a 12TW3 and doing a custom box in the location where the factory sub likely is.

OP
OP

Zhilyard

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im hoping this is a possibility, if I could get a box fiberglassed to fit in the same area but have enough cu ft. For the sub to work well that would be ideal, (and I like a little extra cu ft for the 10tw3), let's the sub hit a fuller range than the recommended .6 cu ft.

I’m looking into getting either a JL Audio 10TW3 or a 12TW3 and doing a custom box in the location where the factory sub likely is.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love the Cerwin Vega spare tire sub I have in my VW (https://cerwinvegamobile.com/produc...-vega-enclosures/12-powered-active-subwoofer/). Shame the Bronco doesn't have an interior spare tire. I can't remember: does the new Bronco have any type of under-floor storage area in the cargo bay?
I don't know - an interior spare either pushes into cargo space or pushes out into the underbody area, where things are (at least somewhat) arranged to maximize clearance, so I'd rather not have an interior spare. I was underneath the dealership appearance units this weekend, and I don't think there's space for the latter at all, especially considering Sasquatch from the factory, and nobody would be happy with less interior cargo space lol.

Under-floor: Yes. Here's the only shot I got of that space in a 4 door. I recall seeing better pics here somewhere.

IMG_2298.jpeg

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm imaging a custom sound bar type fiberglass enclosure for 2 8s or 2 10s with 6x9s or 6 1/2s that replace the two rear pods mounted to the rollbar and goes across the entire width. I always do some sort of aftermarket system in my vehicles, and the Bronco will be no different. We'll have to wait and see what, if anything, the aftermarket comes up with for off the shelf solutions. The Bronco will be more challenging than my previous builds though there seems to a large selection of decent quality marine grade audio components available.

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckleford

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A few others have already mentioned this, but I really like the idea of creating a load flat floor with a subbox in the bed.

My dream build would be quick disconnect wiring, and to perhaps design some kind of lift system so the entire box can be raised to allow access to the rear underfloor storage. Would also want tiedown anchors on each corner.

I'm doing a custom sealed downfire box that is the entire width and depth of my 2 door cargo. In essence, it will look like a raised floor or the accessory cargo tray. If you go shallow mount, it can be around 6" total height with standoffs for the downfire setup. Plan is 2 10's. Unplug the amp and pull the box out if you need a little more space for camping gear etc..
How does downfiring sound? Does it muffle or hurt the sound quality?

I guess it doesn't matter, since that's really the only way to go if you want to still be able to put big, heavy things in the back without always removing the box.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A few others have already mentioned this, but I really like the idea of creating a load flat floor with a subbox in the bed.

My dream build would be quick disconnect wiring, and to perhaps design some kind of lift system so the entire box can be raised to allow access to the rear underfloor storage. Would also want tiedown anchors on each corner.

How does downfiring sound? Does it muffle or hurt the sound quality?

I guess it doesn't matter, since that's really the only way to go if you want to still be able to put big, heavy things in the back without always removing the box.
Ooh no, Downfiring increases felt bass by 20%+. And I'm not kidding. Just Make sure you have room for the subs to flex without hitting the floor of the truck. I also like to leave a gap in the front/back of the box between the sub and floor for air to escape when hitting hard or fast. Downfiring also lets you have a solid cargo floor again. I will probably get the factory mat to put on it.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ooh no, Downfiring increases felt bass by 20%+. And I'm not kidding. Just Make sure you have room for the subs to flex without hitting the floor of the truck. I also like to leave a gap in the front/back of the box between the sub and floor for air to escape when hitting hard or fast. Downfiring also lets you have a solid cargo floor again. I will probably get the factory mat to put on it.
It would need a mod to the covering panel but I wonder if something like this might work in place of the storage tray in front of the jack. And if not there, perhaps inside the bottom of the wider rear seat bottom. It looks like it needs about 6" of height.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It would need a mod to the covering panel but I wonder if something like this might work in place of the storage tray in front of the jack. And if not there, perhaps inside the bottom of the wider rear seat bottom. It looks like it needs about 6" of height.
Yeah, but those boxes are limited in airspace and leave performance on the table. I am custom building mine.
Sponsored