First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion TC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm big into audio, I know there's already a thread here about B&O and other upgrades. But my biggest thing right now is I'm trying to think of how I can get a 12" sub or 2 10s, and keep my bronco interior OEM looking, I don't want a big box that doesn't allow me to use my cargo, the way the rear seat folds down means I can't go under the seat. I considered a bazooka mounted along side the rear speakers on the roll bar. Anyone else got some ideas? And yes I ordered the B&O but the OEM sub looks like a 6 maaaybe 8". What do you guys think.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm big into audio, I know there's already a thread here about B&O and other upgrades. But my biggest thing right now is I'm trying to think of how I can get a 12" sub or 2 10s, and keep my bronco interior OEM looking, I don't want a big box that doesn't allow me to use my cargo, the way the rear seat folds down means I can't go under the seat. I considered a bazooka mounted along side the rear speakers on the roll bar. Anyone else got some ideas? And yes I ordered the B&O but the OEM sub looks like a 6 maaaybe 8". What do you guys think.
Could you replace the factory sub and then put one on the other side? Not sure what is behind the panel on the left hand rear side opposite the sub.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about the compact under the seat subs... under the fronts I mean?

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has tried to persuade folks to buy the somewhat insanely priced $900 JBL weatherproof "Stadium" speaker. While it's not for most people IMO, I do like that form factor, with the speaker suspended from the roll cage with a tube bar clamp mount. Is there a bass tube that has the audio quality you want and can absorb a little weather back there occasionally when it rains while you have the top off?

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How about a box shaped like the pull-out drawers/tail gates we've seen with the sub in there so they only take up vertical space?

easyed89

Big Bend
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1967 Landrover series 2A
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How about the space underneath the rear cargo area? Seems like plenty of spare space. install a grille of just holes for vented bandpass sub

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford has tried to persuade folks to buy the somewhat insanely priced $900 JBL weatherproof "Stadium" speaker. While it's not for most people IMO, I do like that form factor, with the speaker suspended from the roll cage with a tube bar clamp mount. Is there a bass tube that has the audio quality you want and can absorb a little weather back there occasionally when it rains while you have the top off?
Well, $900 is a lot less than the upgrade price to a trim level with the B&O audio. I know the JBL can be wired, but it's also a Bluetooth speaker, which could be handy during your outdoor adventures. Also the ability to detach it or flip it rear-facing if needed. I wonder if you can broadcast Bluetooth audio from the head unit to the speaker, or if that's a one-way trip only and you'd have to run wires?

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is also a power bass pod for cage mounting... but it looks kinda cheap to me.

Sponsored

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can definitely get low profile subs and build a flat cargo area box to flush mount with the seats lain down... that’s what I expect first from the aftermarket.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're "big into audio" and you considered a Bazooka???

Snobbery aside, it's going to be a tight fit if you're looking for a bass heavy application, but, with the interior volume being small, you can feel like it's louder with less.

I have an 8 inch sub that will move your follicles like you wouldn't believe. The diameter affects what frequencies it will reproduce the best, if at all.

If you want a 10 or a 12 inch, you're going to notice the placement. There are some low profile 10s, I have one somewhere, but I don't think it would sound great if you could cram it in where the tools are now under the floor.

I am curious if anyone could dampen the swing gate enough to place a sub there and not have everything rattle. That might keep the interior looking the mpst factory, especially, if you have it removable off of that accessory panel.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm doing a custom sealed downfire box that is the entire width and depth of my 2 door cargo. In essence, it will look like a raised floor or the accessory cargo tray. If you go shallow mount, it can be around 6" total height with standoffs for the downfire setup. Plan is 2 10's. Unplug the amp and pull the box out if you need a little more space for camping gear etc..

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think there's also a hidden tray you could make into a built in box for a 10.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the compact under the seat subs... under the fronts I mean?
Or potentially under the rears. I realize they will for forward and down but I'm guessing there is actually quite a bit of empty space "inside" the rear seat bottoms.
Sponsored