Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, I'll confess! Every time I think about the Bronco and how awesome it is, I think more about its awesomeness and less on its creature features. I have a base 2016 M3 that I daily. It has 3 factory options: black grill, 19" wheels and adaptive suspension. I've replaced the aesthetics but the suspension system remains (kinda)... If you get an M3, at least get the adaptive suspension! Its amazing!

To give some background: I started at base (with a lower case b). I was cross shopping a tan and brown Boxster. No S. Just Boxster. It wasn't what I was looking for. And then, 2 days later, Boom! Bronco!

The idea crept in my head! How cool would it be to have a top off off-roader?! Pretty awesome! Checks the boxes: Convertible? YEP!!! Cool? YEP!!!

So I mulled around for a day and said yeah! $100! I can get a Bronco! (not knowing what it would do to me!!!). And I'll play around with it!

So over time, it all happened! I wasn't here before the launch, but I did come a few days after. The waiting, the longing, etc. It built up. I was/am consumed. 6.5 months in now and it is still all I think about! I long for this thing! Never felt this way about a car (or vehicle if you must) before! Its amazing!

Then the delay (and letdowns) hit... It's okay! I'm STILL HERE!!! I still NEED A BRONCO!!!

And over time, I can save. I save and I plan and I know what I can do. I can get the ULTIMATE BRONCO. But?!..... Is that what I want?! And that is where I am currently! I can get a sweet ass Bronco! But I can do other things too. Sweet tuned M3! Sweet Bronco! Investments!1! All good things!

I just wanted to put it out there what a BaseSquatch can get in case anyone over time had forgotten (like myself)!

Only loser here is the dealer! No way is HE convincing me to get something I dont want!!!

đź’• jaspercasidino

Ford Bronco How can you pass this up? BaseSquatch OW
Sponsored

Last edited:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is what I plan on getting although to me it's a lot of $$$$. Considering I just paid 28K last year for a brand new Silverado 4 X 4 Double Cab, 5.3 V8. More or less base truck although I think I got a lot of truck for 28K. Now I am going to spend 13K more to get a new Bronco. The good news is that with rising auto values I can probably sell my Silverado for at least 28K and have 0 depreciation on it.

OP
OP
jaspercasidino

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is what I plan on getting although to me it's a lot of $$$$. Considering I just paid 28K last year for a brand new Silverado 4 X 4 Double Cab, 5.3 V8. More or less base truck although I think I got a lot of truck for 28K. Now I am going to spend 13K more to get a new Bronco. The good news is that with rising auto values I can probably sell my Silverado for at least 28K and have 0 depreciation on it.
$28k for that is great! Congrats! BRONCO BRONCO BRONCO!!!

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored
OP
OP
jaspercasidino

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$41k for a very basic vehicle with cheap finishes and no comfort or convenience features is insane unless power locks and a/c is still considered a comfort and convenience feature.
Ok! What's your build?! Let's hear it!

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
$41k for a very basic vehicle with cheap finishes and no comfort or convenience features is insane unless power locks and a/c is still considered a comfort and convenience feature.
Apple CarPlay, so basically nav, remote access, keyless ignition, power windows, standard air conditioning, heated mirrors.
You guys are underselling the base, especially compared to base wranglers, and when some, like mine will have 400 ft lbs of torque.
Lifts and tires can be added later, speakers can be replaced, katskin leather can be installed.
Not sure what “comfort features” you’re looking for.
Funny that the third trim up still gets steelies.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you’re shitting on a base when the only difference I see from what can be built on a base is the grille and Marine grade interior, which I would prefer wet okole.

to each their own.

And a color, that no one knows howit will actually look day to day. Pastel Easter egg blue? Gumby green? Gee I dunno but I hope you match your sneakers to it

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The base is a great deal even with squatch. It will be an awesome off road Rig
But for me as I close in on retirement, this most
Likely my last new vehicle purchase I want a few extra bells and whistles. I don’t want my dream rig to have less options than my current truck...

But if it works for you- rock on!

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The base is a great deal even with squatch. It will be an awesome off road Rig
But for me as I close in on retirement, this most
Likely my last new vehicle purchase I want a few extra bells and whistles. I don’t want my dream rig to have less options than my current truck...

But if it works for you- rock on!
My wife has a Tacoma, what options does your truck have that the base doesn’t? Or can’t.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because for 14k more I can get exactly what I want vs saving the $ and being upset when I remember the things I really wanted on it but didn't feel like dropping more cash.

Based on my income, and life, 14k financed with a likely sub 3% APR isn't a big deal.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is almost my exact build too minus the floor liners, rock rails and I'm going 2.3 because I have it now and it's a great motor. I want real frame mounted sliders which I can get for just about the same as the Ford body mounted ones and I like the WeathTech liners. I've built every model probably 10x's over and still think the Base SAS is one of the best values IF you don't care about having all the tech stuff. I should add my Ranger is fully loaded with all the tech and this will be a second "fun toy" for me. If it were my only DD I would be going BL non SaS all day long!

$38,895

Last edited:

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So you’re shitting on a base when the only difference I see from what can be built on a base is the grille and Marine grade interior, which I would prefer wet okole.

to each their own.

And a color, that no one knows howit will actually look day to day. Pastel Easter egg blue? Gumby green? Gee I dunno but I hope you match your sneakers to it
Why the butthurt? I never shit on the base but simply said it's a bit too spartan for a vehicle that is over $40k as optioned in the op. As far as the color is concerned opinions are like assholes. Have a cup of coffee and relax a bit.