Sponsored

How close will 2022 colors be to 2022 Ranger colors?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Since the Bronco pretty much exactly matches the 2021 Ranger colors, I wonder how close the 2022 colors be to 2022 Ranger colors? Sources on ford parts here, and fordapai.com here.

I came across 2022 Ranger and Bronco Sport colors on the Ford Parts website the other day. While the Bronco Sport has no changes year to year listed, the Ranger drops Antimatter Blue, Velocity Blue, Fighter Jet (Cactus) Gray, Carbonized Gray, and Cyber Orange and adds White Platinum, Saber, Magnetic, Lightning Blue and possibly Ingot Silver Metallic and Hot Pepper Red TC (the last two not listed in the linked fordapai.com article.

Other than swapping Cyber Orange for Saber, the Ranger color line sure skews white and gray for 2022. Also, there is no green listed. Thoughts?

Ford Bronco How close will 2022 colors be to 2022 Ranger colors? Screen Shot 2021-02-13 at 3.29.40 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought Area 51 was unique to the bronco and bronco sport.

I wasn’t aware ranger shared the color...

My guess the green that is coming will be unique to the HE trim for bronco

Edit: went to the ranger BP and don’t see Area 51 offered...
So I think the graph you have is incorrect..

Escape Hatch

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mk7 GTI, 19 Atlas SE w/ tech R Line V6 4 motion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hmm, now I am googling Kodiak brown.

Edit: Not for me.

OP
OP
Dads_bronze_bronco

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I thought Area 51 was unique to the bronco and bronco sport.

I wasn’t aware ranger shared the color...

My guess the green that is coming will be unique to the HE trim for bronco

Edit: went to the ranger BP and don’t see Area 51 offered...
So I think the graph you have is incorrect..
You may be right on Area 51. It was listed on the ford parts site, but I can't find it in build and price or the colorizer, nor Lightning Blue either so I took them out.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think your colors are wrong. The only colors available on the 2021 Ranger (at this time at least on build and price) are:

race red
Iconic silver
Velocity blue
Rapid red
Carbonized gray
Cactus gray
Oxford white
Shadow black
Cyber orange

Your list shows antimatter blue, Area 51, lucid red, absolute black, and lightning blue as 2021 colors that do not appear on the build and price. Also I don’t think they would bring saber back, it didn’t seem to sell well.

Sponsored

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford parts just seems to have generic touch up paints listed for 19-22 Rangers, some of the colors listed were earlier year availability. Just lazy work by Ford.

OP
OP
Dads_bronze_bronco

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford parts just seems to have generic touch up paints listed for 19-22 Rangers, some of the colors listed were earlier year availability. Just lazy work by Ford.
Ok, so why the changes between 21 & 22? Why not just leave them the same like the Bronco Sport is? Also, the fordapai article lists the 9.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Since the Bronco pretty much exactly matches the 2021 Ranger colors, I wonder how close the 2022 colors be to 2022 Ranger colors? Sources on ford parts here, and fordapai.com here.
I'd give the fordpai.com site zero credibility....... they struggle with composing coherent sentences in english......
For example:
>>>"Azure Oblong offers to present the exact same level of absent from-reading because of the earlier Bronco in the past century.
One more grouping is definitely the challenge involving the two-Door together with three-Door gossips. Self-confident, several-Door Bronco is needless to say, this issue stage retains more than the two-Door device. "<<<

WTF????
I rest my case!

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
They will always share most colors. Same paint booth. Also, sporty SUVs and sporty trucks aren’t that far off on color palettes.

MOBRONCO

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ok, so why the changes between 21 & 22? Why not just leave them the same like the Bronco Sport is? Also, the fordapai article lists the 9.
All years of the Ranger appear to list the same 11 colors for touch up for me. As for an unofficial site fordapai listing changes for the 2022 Ranger that won’t be released until late this year? Who knows.
Sponsored