Sponsored

How come I can’t order standard and get the mid package?

Markubis

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus, Ford Ranger XLT, Can Am Ryker
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Need more information. What model? Trim?

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Offering the mid package on the Black Diamond and Big Bend with the manual would be a lot easier then the Sasquatch package with a manual. Ford probably won't have enough manual transmissions at launch. I'm not sure why they've decided not to be upfront about it.

They should alert people to the fact that when you select the mid package on the Big Bend and Black Diamond that it's also changing the transmission.

I'm hoping they manual transmission and mid package will be available on the Big Bend and Black Diamond with late availability. Ford could clear things up by stating what will options will be available later.

Sponsored

firefox33

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford doesn’t make the manual transmission. Getrag makes it for them. Getrag is a german company with plants all around the world including the US.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
How come I can’t order standard and get the mid package?
Because you didn't use the search function. This specific topic was covered in depth and with accurate information from Ford as to their strategy with the packages and trim.

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Because you didn't use the search function. This specific topic was covered in depth and with accurate information from Ford as to their strategy with the packages and trim.
There have been a few threads on this topic. There is not in depth accurate information from Ford on this decision. If you search this site for "Ford strategy with package and trims" it returns three results. One is this thread. The other two threads do not address the decision to exclude the mid package from certain trims with a manual transmission.

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
There have been a few threads on this topic. There is not in depth accurate information from Ford on this decision. If you search this site for "Ford strategy with package and trims" it returns three results. One is this thread. The other two threads do not address the decision to exclude the mid package from certain trims with a manual transmission.
Ford seems to have gotten caught completely flat footed by the 7M's desired +40% (by polls of reservation holders) take rate.

The industry average manual take rate is 5%.
Even if Ford management foresaw a quadrupling of the 7M take rate to 20%, they'd still be 50% shy of the actual 7M desire, and way over capacity on the 10A production line.

The artificial restriction on 7M+Mid outside Badlands gives Ford breathing room and time to ramp up 7M production, while not running the 10A line at less than optimum production rates. Also very costly.

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we sure this isn't just another bug with the B&P tool?

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The manual is in its death throes.

blue182

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If they won’t allow the mid package with a manual on the Black Diamond I’ll probably end up getting a basesquatch with a manual. There isn’t really an incentive to get the Big Bend or the Black Diamond with a manual unless they make the mid package available.

OP
OP
Chefdrew

Chefdrew

Black Diamond
First Name
Drew Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do I search for ?

crowdpleazer

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
I really think a lot of people would buy manuals if they could afford them. Only putting them in high end models means that many people don't have the money for that. Plus the reason people want a manual is because they don't like the new electronic toys and want control over their vehicle.
Sponsored