Sponsored

How come we haven't seen a snorkel yet??

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's for both. It was traditionally marketed as a water crossing must-have, but most that need/use a snorkel find it provides a benefit in especially dusty conditions.

For gas engines, it's a little less effective than diesel, but works to raise the air intake for water crossings. It also allows for cleaner/cooler air.
Sponsored

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am no expert but isn't the snorkel for water thing kind of a myth? I thought it was for desert running to get clear air into the engine from higher up, away from the dust you kick up.
It must be, with a aprox 33" safe fording depth the electronics will be flooded before you suck water, besides, if it is that deep you will be floating down stream. :)

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the electronics both in the engine bay and the interior, the last thing I would do is submerge the Bronco more than the Ford specified depth of 33".
I have a jet boat that has similar electronics on the dash to a modern vehicle as well as computer controlled engines and despite them being sealed in waterproof packaging they are still susceptible to moisture and water issues. It's the only regret I have with that boat & it's been a PIA.
IMHO, take the Bronco in deeper water and you'll regret doing so and your bitching about it to Ford will fall on deaf ears since your warranty will be voided. Food for thought.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am no expert but isn't the snorkel for water thing kind of a myth? I thought it was for desert running to get clear air into the engine from higher up, away from the dust you kick up.
It is mostly for dust and sand. However, running through deep water it gives a little more sense of security.

The vehicle is already built to ford water, so a snorkel is extra.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You guys worried about electronics need to watch 4WD 24-7 on YouTube. They cross rivers that go over the hood! And no, they don't float, maybe because there's are loaded down pretty good, but I wouldn't be worried about the Bronco floating!

Channel: https://youtube.com/c/4WD247

Sponsored

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you put a snorkel on your $50K Bronco, promise me you’ll do this and take a video!

Drttrac

Raptor
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Range Rover Sport SC Autobiography
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Can someone legitimately explain to me what the point of a snorkel is if you don't have the rest of the underneath sealed as well? That's going to be an issue before you ever hydrolock your engine, aside from you personally floating in your seat and all those interior components that are not deisgned for a 'wash out' getting submerged. (I do see getting the intake higher for better air flow, or our dusty conditions here in AZ.)

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can someone legitimately explain to me what the point of a snorkel is if you don't have the rest of the underneath sealed as well? That's going to be an issue before you ever hydrolock your engine, aside from you personally floating in your seat and all those interior components that are not deisgned for a 'wash out' getting submerged. (I do see getting the intake higher for better air flow, or our dusty conditions here in AZ.)
it's 4wd cred, nothing more. kinda like lights in the wheel wells and angry grilles on a jeep.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Because they’re a tacky gimmick that doesn’t help with water fording and most people don’t get their true design and purpose unless you’re in the south west or South Africa or Australia but I digress.

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

yes.

Sponsored

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You answered your own question in the end of your comment. Lol