Sponsored

How comfortable are you in directly negotiating with dealers?

How comfortable are you in directly negotiating with dealers?

• I love haggling and negotiating

Votes: 112 43.8%
  • I know I'll have to eventually, but I'd rather put it off

Votes: 79 30.9%
  • Hopefully I can just tag along with a good deal that a dealer presents or someone else gets

Votes: 58 22.7%
  • I'll just take whatever the dealer offers

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters
OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
...are you saying you're doing the negotiating in December prior to ordering?
Yes, or earlier. I've already got my local dealer to accept X-Plan pricing and with cap of $275 administrative fee even though the Bronco isn't eligible for X-plan pricing, in writing. By the time, I sign the order, probably in late January I hope to get some dealer installed options thrown in for free.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They wanted 6% on a 72 month loan.

Money is cheap right now, and that rate is ridiculous.

Also, no way kiddo was going to get locked into a 72 month loan. 60 at the most, but it was 6% regardless of term.

How old is kiddo? Were you co-signing on the loan with them? Did you get financing for kiddo quoted separately from your local bank or credit union?

I never roll the negotiation of the price of the vehicle and financing together. They should be two different negotiations, unless there is factory sponsored 0% interest deals, then I always get a lower price on the vehicle, if I'm paying cash.

Too many times they try and suck you into "we can get you into this car at this monthly payment". That's the worst way to negotiate the price of a car.

Stuckin918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
you forgot the option of 'will delay
and buy directly from tesla et al instead of a dealer'
so go pay MSRP at a dealership that doesn’t do any adds. Same damn thing as Tesla, except they’re probably making a shit ton more money than a Bronco.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How old is kiddo? Were you co-signing on the loan with them? Did you get financing for kiddo quoted separately from your local bank or credit union?

I never roll the negotiation of the price of the vehicle and financing together. They should be two different negotiations, unless there is factory sponsored 0% interest deals, then I always get a lower price on the vehicle, if I'm paying cash.

Too many times they try and suck you into "we can get you into this car at this monthly payment". That's the worst way to negotiate the price of a car.
Kiddo is almost 30. I was just there as person so they were not alone. I was shocked at the offer and opened my mouth in disgust at the dealer. No co-sign needed, great credit and all. We got the vehicle price and was a good deal, financing killed it completely. Kiddo has other options for financing, but will not be back to that dealer who were not friendly to someone telling them no.

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Kiddo is almost 30. I was just there as person so they were not alone. I was shocked at the offer and opened my mouth in disgust at the dealer. No co-sign needed, great credit and all. We got the vehicle price and was a good deal, financing killed it completely. Kiddo has other options for financing, but will not be back to that dealer who were not friendly to someone telling them no.
Good on you as a parent, to help guide them. I agree, credit is cheap currently.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here is the catch with this first run of full size BRs. On one hand you have some dealers licking their chops thinking once the reservation is made they can charge whatever. The reality: Ford is linking future allocation, partially (stock units) to reservations that are converted to an order AND sold to the actual person that made the reservation. So in practice, it will be suicide for a dealer to run off all of his reservations because of price.

Yes, you will have dealer that do the b/s adds and I will include the doc fee in that because there is no law that states dealers have to do it. We don't and never have or never will. We will offer ESP, financing, GAP, paint protection like all the other dealers and it's up to the customer to take or leave.

If you have a reservation and are in a position to walk away you are in a better position than someone that doesn't have enough self control to do the same. Our dealership is going to sell these at invoice or plan should someone have it. Want accessories? OK, we can order and install. Got a trade? OK, we will put a number on it. Financing? Ford? Credit Union? Local bank? We can do that too.

My advice for anyone getting ready to dicker with their dealer. Build and price now. Call the dealer where your reservation is and tell them no adds and you are paying invoice. Get it in writing. Let them know if you have a trade or will be getting accessories or financing from them. This is the hard part, if you can't walk away from what you think is a really shitty deal then pay them and move on. The standard should be invoice, maybe a doc fee if they won't budge. Definitely tell them to piss off if they want to etch or do something else to an ordered unit. It's different if they put adds on a stock unit and addendum it but there is no reason to do it on an ordered unit. If they do make sure you and 500 of your friends know it and never buy from them. That's the only way this dumb shit is going to stop.

Each deal and dealer are going to be a bit different so don't get butt hurt if your dealer won't do Granger's deal. Let's face it, everyone has to make money. That said, no dealer in their right mind is going to charge MSRP. Work the deal out ahead of time and get it in writing. Shoot for invoice and if you think you are getting f'd send me your numbers before you commit and I will give you my .02.

Make sure they price you get includes destination/delivery, sale price, tax, doc, accessories, tire tax BEFORE you get into the finance office. Don't be afraid to get up and walk out if you think they are trying give you the bone, ba bone, bone, bone.

Food for thought.

Tortuga353

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am waiting on final plan announcements from Ford. My stealership said there was still communication going on to the dealers and the plans offered for 2021 Bronco. I have a x plan equivalent deal at a further dealership but just waiting until I know more about the purchase options, pricing, and all of that. My understanding is dealers don’t know invoice pricing yet but that me wrong as well. To me, it seems like there are still moving pieces.

If you don't mind, what are these things you believe are unknown at this time, that would influence a pricing decision between you and your dealer?

OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I am waiting on final plan announcements from Ford. My stealership said there was still communication going on to the dealers and the plans offered for 2021 Bronco. I have a x plan equivalent deal at a further dealership but just waiting until I know more about the purchase options, pricing, and all of that. My understanding is dealers don’t know invoice pricing yet but that me wrong as well. To me, it seems like there are still moving pieces.
- I doubt you are going to see any further "plan" announcements from Ford. They made that announcement a few weeks ago.
- The fact that you refer to your dealer as a "stealer" says to me that you don't trust them, are at best incompetent, considering their claim of lack of knowledge.
- Dealers clearly know what the invoice pricing is for any particular trim. Individual invoice pricing of options is probably not out yet, but will be once the order guides are pushed out. I highly doubt you or your dealer will be negotiating individual prices on options, etc.

Most negotiations will either be at:

- MSRP + what fee
- MSRP and no ADM
- MSRP less an amount
- At invoice + fee
- At invoice
- At invoice less an amount

I would think you could get to that level of negotiation without knowing the specific MSRP or invoice amount to the penny. With the B&P and other info here on 6G, you should be fairly close to determine your affordability.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They wanted 6% on a 72 month loan.

Money is cheap right now, and that rate is ridiculous.
6% on a 72mon loan is not bad lol. better than Fords rates if standard financing

CWO4

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am fine with sitting down and working a deal with a salesman, have a few under my belt but usually buy at the end of the month, dealers need the quota, buy at the end of the year on last year's model, and buy off the lot. Have gotten some good deals. But I feel these dealers have more on us than we care to omit. I went down to my dealer and tried to work a pre deal, all I got was MSRP + Admin fee and that " we have to charge that because we had to sign with Ford Motor Company that we would only sale Broncos at MSRP. I walked, changed to Stephens. These dealers know that the big money is coming down the road when these Broncos hit their lots, they can wait. If you walk from your dealer in Dec and just go down the road and walk away from there you only have one change left until Jan 31 cut off. IMO if you don't have a dealer with a deal you like right now you are behind the power curve. I think most dealers are set on what they are going to charge already and you walking has no effect on their plan, of course there are exceptions and if you have one of them please post name of dealer and location

Sponsored

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
6% on a 72mon loan is not bad lol. better than Fords rates if standard financing
You sound like a dealer who thinks money is at a premium right now. Not a good deal with 30% + Down and great credit. Hate that people think this is acceptable with the current rate of money flow.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so go pay MSRP at a dealership that doesn’t do any adds. Same damn thing as Tesla, except they’re probably making a shit ton more money than a Bronco.
still got to do the dealer added add-ons and finance department up sell, so MSRP doesn't solve the basic dealer problem

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've never been afraid to negotiate but am so glad for the Granger deal so I don't have to. The local dealer here drove me away 7 years ago and I went to the foreign competition with no complaints so if I had to do it again with them I'd probably be driving a Toyota.

GetWild

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You sound like a dealer who thinks money is at a premium right now. Not a good deal with 30% + Down and great credit. Hate that people think this is acceptable with the current rate of money flow.
no, i just know how Fords rates can be, no matter the current "rate of money flow." was their rate they showed you what is was because of the price of the car? Some dealers do deal that are a loss on the front with the caveat that they are making money on the back. then you just refinance after a few payments. win win for everyone.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Negotiation for me is done. Invoice with no added fees, other than tax and tags from my local dealer.
Bought an F250 over the phone. Wanted a stick shift, local dealers where I used to live would not play. One of them was stupid enough to show me a dealer that had stick shifts in stock. It was a couple of hundred miles away. Looked up their phone number, talked to a salesman. Told him that I would be travelling over 200 miles to buy from him so I needed his best price, now. He gave me the price and it was $200 over invoice. 3 days later I walked in, introduced myself, they brought the truck around while I was talking to the finance guy. Was there for about 1/2 hour.
Sponsored