Sponsored

How comfortable are you in directly negotiating with dealers?

How comfortable are you in directly negotiating with dealers?

• I love haggling and negotiating

Votes: 112 43.8%
  • I know I'll have to eventually, but I'd rather put it off

Votes: 79 30.9%
  • Hopefully I can just tag along with a good deal that a dealer presents or someone else gets

Votes: 58 22.7%
  • I'll just take whatever the dealer offers

Votes: 7 2.7%

• Total voters

Aardvark53

Base
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't want to haggle but I've learned a few things from most of you here. I did watch a youtube video of what not to pay for and what the dealer will try to double charge you for destination fee, floor mats and few other things that are in the MSRP. Also, look at the dealer sticker and compare it to the MSRP stick and look to see if there are similarities. Dealer prep is a big one to watch on the final paperwork.
Sponsored

Stuckin918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
still got to do the dealer added add-ons and finance department up sell, so MSRP doesn't solve the basic dealer problem
Literally skipped the part where I said MSRP no adds. Just practice saying no, I’ve never had a finance guy ask me twice to buy something.

Stuckin918

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado ZR2 Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Negotiation for me is done. Invoice with no added fees, other than tax and tags from my local dealer.
Bought an F250 over the phone. Wanted a stick shift, local dealers where I used to live would not play. One of them was stupid enough to show me a dealer that had stick shifts in stock. It was a couple of hundred miles away. Looked up their phone number, talked to a salesman. Told him that I would be travelling over 200 miles to buy from him so I needed his best price, now. He gave me the price and it was $200 over invoice. 3 days later I walked in, introduced myself, they brought the truck around while I was talking to the finance guy. Was there for about 1/2 hour.
What year was that. Super Duty’s haven’t had a manual option in years.

Massbronco

Badlands
First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Negotiation doesn't have to be confrontational or adversarial. If you find the right dealer, it will feel more like a conversation than a negotiation. You may not always get the answer or the deal you are looking for, but if everyone is respectful and straightforward it usually leads to the best result for both sides. You'll never get what you don't ask for, but you should make sure what you're asking for is realistic and that you ask in a straightforward manner. I've been on both sides of the negotiating table and am never shocked by some of the tactics both dealerships and customers use.

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It all depends on what vehicle or thing we are talking about. The Bronco will be one of those where you will not have a lot of room to negotiate, at least not for a while. When they start sitting on dealer lots, thats when you have negotiating power.

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When ordering a new vehicle direct from the factory, the final negotiation takes place when you place the order, not when it arrives. They aren't going to place the order with the factory, unless you have agreed on a price, fees, etc. If you include financing in your price negotiation, then that will take place upon arrival and settlement of the price you agreed upon at order.
Yes I had forgotten. I ordered one car in the past and now I remember we did just what you said.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Negotiation for me is done. Invoice with no added fees, other than tax and tags from my local dealer.
Bought an F250 over the phone. Wanted a stick shift, local dealers where I used to live would not play. One of them was stupid enough to show me a dealer that had stick shifts in stock. It was a couple of hundred miles away. Looked up their phone number, talked to a salesman. Told him that I would be travelling over 200 miles to buy from him so I needed his best price, now. He gave me the price and it was $200 over invoice. 3 days later I walked in, introduced myself, they brought the truck around while I was talking to the finance guy. Was there for about 1/2 hour.
How did you grab em by the balls like that

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
How did you grab em by the balls like that
He told me he will honor the same deal for everyone, provided you give him the head's up that you heard it here and transfer your reservation. Diehls Ford in Grantsville MD. [email protected]

Sponsored
OP
OP

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depending on your trim and when you reserved there are deals being negotiated over a price range of over $3,800 for the same vehicle, and that's for pre-October reservations.

MSRP + $850 in fees ---------------------> Dealer Invoice less $1,300 + $100 fee, and in between.

That's seems like quite a bit of budging to me.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He told me he will honor the same deal for everyone, provided you give him the head's up that you heard it here and transfer your reservation. Diehls Ford in Grantsville MD. [email protected]
I just emailed them. Thanks!

250 miles for me but worth it. (Although MD has high sales tax for cars)

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You pay sales tax where you register and title your vehicle, not where you purchase it.
Been 10 years since my last vehicle purchase, so I'm rusty. Thanks. I'll have to read up on this so I'm prepared when I speak to the dealers

Hamhands

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My dealer sent an email stating they will not sell over MSRP. Of course I'll try but doubt I will get below MSRP, biggest negotiation will probably be over the deposit
Sponsored