Sponsored

How concerned should I really be to venture deep into remote locations?

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Garmin InReach Mini is a must at a minimum. Also a portable solar panel so you can recharge things like a portable light etc. A go bag of clothes also weather conditions can change in a hurry specially if your at different elevations or desert / artic environments.
Sponsored

nhmountainman

Badlands
First Name
Kman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Chevy 2500 Duramax 2018 BMW 340 2016 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just got mine yesterday. Still not 100% sure why I bought this thing, I think for fun with the top and doors off on the road. I don’t trust thing…yet..maybe I never will. But I trust my JK solo in the woods.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI, the new iphones are satellite phones with 2 years of services to call for help free

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Remote" and being able to drive there is an oxymoron in the US. Mongolia, and the rest of EurAsia, Parts of Africa, parts of Russia.... yes.

Big remote areas (wilderness) in the US is generally defined that mechanical means of getting there is off the table. Places like the Frank Church, Weminuchi, Boundary Waters, Pasayten, etc.

I will say tyhat one devise that I really like to carry is my Garmin InReach. I carry it as much for my wife's piece of mind as mine.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"Remote" and being able to drive there is an oxymoron in the US. Mongolia, and the rest of EurAsia, Parts of Africa, parts of Russia.... yes.

Big remote areas (wilderness) in the US is generally defined that mechanical means of getting there is off the table. Places like the Frank Church, Weminuchi, Boundary Waters, Pasayten, etc.

I will say tyhat one devise that I really like to carry is my Garmin InReach. I carry it as much for my wife's piece of mind as mine.

Yeah, I've had to start carrying an in reach at my wife's insistence. She never cared years ago when I would be out 10-14 days at a time in the Alaska backcountry, but now wants to know even if I'm out of contact for a few hours. I think she just wants to find the body for insurance purposes.
Sponsored