First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Flat spots on radials? We have zero issues with rural fire trucks that sit for weeks at a time. Same with classic broncos that folks store over the winter to keep away from road salt.
I would have said the same but our Civic frequently gets this when it sits for a few weeks in colder weather. I wonder if the narrower side walls are more susceptible? They smooth out after a mile or two.
Sponsored

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, tires get flat spots, worse with the lower profiles. Some will come out of it after driving for awhile, some wonā€™t. Canā€™t tell you how many dealer trades we got in with pitted rotors and flat spotted tires. Canā€™t get Ford or other dealer to pay so we pull out the fork and knife and chomp chomp. $1,000 down the drain along with any chance of coming out ahead.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Flat spots on radials? We have zero issues with rural fire trucks that sit for weeks at a time. Same with classic broncos that folks store over the winter to keep away from road salt.
I concur. Wife switches from a winter to a summer driver with the season; canā€™t say I have ever noticed a problem from long term storage. I think the potential for issues is grossly exaggerated.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I work for a semi truck production plant and we are having the same issue. We are sending these trucks with missing modules and label them as ā€œship-shortā€ items. Most of ours consist of door modules (window switch and door lock), instrument clusters, and some vecuā€™s. Weā€™ve had many many harness shortages for the cab, sleeper, engine, dash.. you name it. Weā€™ve been renting lots from other companies to park trucks with missing parts. I work as an offline operator, when parts come in, I go to these parked trucks and install them. Most of them are very simple and straight forward.
Keep making Peterbilts just poorly enough to keep me in business. šŸ˜œ

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree. Mini Cooper run flats were terrible for this.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This doesnā€™t feel like an issue thatā€™s going away anytime soon. Iā€™m mentally preparing for MY23, with my Granger October reservation. If it shows up earlier, fine by me, but Iā€™d prefer not to take possession of a ā€œlot rotā€ vehicle. Iā€™ll patiently wait for a traditional process after ordering, so for that Iā€™ll stay 99 until this clears up.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, 235-40/18

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@flip question: does Ford control which truck the modules go to, or can you prioritize? Letā€™s say a customer really wants a particular F150 missing a module going to a different one that no one wants yet on your lot: can you then redirect to be able to complete the sale?

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Continued from thread: Ford Considering Shipping Vehicles Missing Chips for Dealerships to Finish (Are Broncos Affected??)

We signed up for this program. Our FSE said the chips are for different modules. Dealers would be shipped the modules when they are built and we install and program like any other module replacement. This is not a matter of getting the Weller out with a magnifying glass and trying to stick logic chips on a board. These are completed parts that weren't installed, no big deal. The issue is bailment and if our regular insurance policy covers these or if they are asking us to buy additional coverage. My rep said he believes our current policy is adequate. Also, we aren't talking about tons of vehicles, maybe just one or two lines for now.

I brought the point up on our internal Ford msg. boards at the beginning of May. We have tens of thousands of vehicles (mostly sold) sitting around "lot rotting" waiting for a module to be installed, most run but are missing a module. How are they going to work 35,000 back into the logistic system, who is going to install the modules, how long is it going to take? My point is that they can sit on our lot, they ship us the part(s) to install and we can immediately deliver it to the customer. One of the concerns was if they did this, we don't want it on our floor plan since it's not sellable. This would save Ford millions in additional transport costs, "lot rot", storage costs and allow us to complete transactions faster once parts are in.

Addendum:

We can't show, sell, drive, nothing. In normal times once they hit the transport they are on our books/floorplan. Ford still owns these until we complete the installation, programming and they verify all is GTG, then they will release the hold. Supposedly they are going to give us some $$ for upkeep while they're here.

If you don't know, "lot rot" is a huge issue for dealers. Once a vehicle arrives they are supposed to be started and moved on a regular basis to keep the rotors from rust pitting, keeping the battery charged and help prevent tires from flat spotting. None of the above mentioned problems are covered by Ford while it's here and 100% on the dealer. Had a guy come in with a Mustang a couple months ago, just bought at a dealer around the Indianapolis area, with a complaint of tire shake at highway speeds. We looked at the build and sale dates and could see it sat for a long time so we put the wheels on the Road Force and sure enough, flat spot. Not covered by warranty even though it was now sold and had a warranty start date. Told him he needed to talk to his selling dealer, they brushed him off and said we should've run it warranty. Had to give him a copy of the Warranty & Policy manual to take back to them.

My biggest concern is the ones that are sitting already are going to have rodent damage, converter thievery, rusty rotors and flat spotted tires when they arrive. Who's going to foot that bill??
@flip Do you know if the Bronco Sport is included in this program?

Sponsored

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, tires get flat spots, worse with the lower profiles. Some will come out of it after driving for awhile, some wonā€™t. Canā€™t tell you how many dealer trades we got in with pitted rotors and flat spotted tires. Canā€™t get Ford or other dealer to pay so we pull out the fork and knife and chomp chomp. $1,000 down the drain along with any chance of coming out ahead.
So how long do you estimate before lot rot becomes an issue? Weeks? Months? Just asking for us that have Bronco's in production purgatory for the last month.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what you mean, Bronco, as far as I know, isnā€™t
@flip question: does Ford control which truck the modules go to, or can you prioritize? Letā€™s say a customer really wants a particular F150 missing a module going to a different one that no one wants yet on your lot: can you then redirect to be able to complete the sale?
We have no say what they send and no idea what particular module(s) they're missing. Supposedly the first vehicles they are going to send under this program are Rangers then possibly one or two other lines. We've gotten some new units in over the past couple weeks but they were all sold fleet or retail. Vehicle Visibility shows units on wheels waiting but really nothing else of use.
Sponsored