Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far, Bronco isn't affected, but not sure how long that will be the case as we head into 22.
Sponsored

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how long do you estimate before lot rot becomes an issue? Weeks? Months? Just asking for us that have Bronco's in production purgatory for the last month.
Depends. There's time sitting on the yard at the factory then the time after it hits our lot. Unless it's moved around or test driven the only drive it may have is at predelivery prior to a sale. Usually we see flat spots after a couple months and depending on how wet the climate, rotors start surface rusting immediately. For example, a former employee bought a 2020 Edge from us in May of this year that was built in December 2020. All 4 rotors were pitted to the point machining was going to take them halfway to the minimum spec. He wasn't OK with this so we ended up putting 4 new rotors on at our expense since it was "lot rot" and our responsibility.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m really surprised the Uaw is gonna let that fly.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, tell me about this Bronco you have for sale.

It is a First Edition.

What makes a First Edition so special?

Well let me tell you. It's got a special honeycomb pattern on the roof that you can see on certain parts at certain angles. The roof will pour water on you not even just when you're hot, pretty much anytime it rains. Kind of like a log ride at the water park, cool huh? Then it's got these square tires that simulate high speed off road riding on any terrain and at any speed. And wait til you apply the brakes, they really give you that Oh! Shit white knuckle off roading experience.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, tires get flat spots, worse with the lower profiles. Some will come out of it after driving for awhile, some won’t. Can’t tell you how many dealer trades we got in with pitted rotors and flat spotted tires. Can’t get Ford or other dealer to pay so we pull out the fork and knife and chomp chomp. $1,000 down the drain along with any chance of coming out ahead.
Doesn’t over inflating help with flat spots?

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn’t over inflating help with flat spots?
Best we can tell is it has something to do with the nylon cords getting flattened out from sitting in the same position for an extended period of time. It's not a horrible shake but noticeable for the first few miles of driving. Some come out of it, some don't. We've not really tracked if a certain brand is worse than others but seems more prevalent on lower profile tires.

Over inflation my help but best preventative is moving the vehicle around at least every 30 days.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Will Ford compensate dealers for storing the vehicles for them?? I know of another automaker 😉 who has rented fences, holding lots, extra transport, and security to store their vehicles. Seems like the dealers would be doing ford a huge favor to store/insure them.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So far, Bronco isn't affected, but not sure how long that will be the case as we head into 22.
It shouldn't be as affected as other products.

The big issue was auto manufactures where expecting a downturn in sales. They cut back 16-18 months ago with orders. The Chip manufacturers use that opened up manufacturing to make other chips (Smart TVs, etc). Once the production runs where filled and Auto Manufactures got stuck holding the bag because they couldn't get any more chips made for them til the next bids for production spots opened up. As we speak, they got their chip orders in and are starting to get the product they need.

The Bronco wasn't as affected because Ford already had an idea of what it needed parts wise when it did put its order in for chips for it and wouldn't be as affected as other products since it was a brand new product.

Two other things-Ford isn't going to build a product without the ECU in it-it would be downright stupid to try to roll product off the assembly line without the computer that controls the engine and transmission. That is why auxiliary items like ABS and Stop start are likely candidates for this.

The other thing is that a plant in Japan had a fire that made a lot of these chips for Ford a few months ago...that I'm betting is what is really hurting Ford now and F-series production. Apparently that has been mitigated recently though.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think this plan makes sense. Ford’s lots are getting full, and dealer lots are near empty. Move the almost complete vehicles from the full lots to the empty lots to allow the factory to keep producing vehicles. As long as the dealers don’t have to floorplan them, it seems like a win/win for both Ford and the dealers.
You know, this does sound like a reasonable solution. Anyone that has done a yard campaign knows vehicles don't sit at the factory, they move. I bet this issue is much worse in the south on rubber and worse in the north on rust. Just a guess.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Will Ford compensate dealers for storing the vehicles for them?? I know of another automaker 😉 who has rented fences, holding lots, extra transport, and security to store their vehicles. Seems like the dealers would be doing ford a huge favor to store/insure them.
I think they would be in better care at the dealerships. imo

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think they would be in better care at the dealerships. imo
I’m sure they would but it would be a burden on the dealership more than anything. Vandalism,hail storms,wind storms. People would come in and look at a vehicle there can’t buy yet. I don’t know what Ford has up their sleeve may be a pre-sale situation. All I’m saying if the dealerships gonna go on a limb like that they better be taken care of by Ford in the form of money or allocations.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m sure they would but it would be a burden on the dealership more than anything. Vandalism,hail storms,wind storms. People would come in and look at a vehicle there can’t buy yet. I don’t know what Ford has up their sleeve may be a pre-sale situation. All I’m saying if the dealerships gonna go on a limb like that they better be taken care of by Ford in the form of money or allocations.
From what I have seen Ford takes real good care of their business partners..that's just from my experience. I am sure there will be some shared pain.

Almost or Maybe

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
But Ford stated in a previous email that the chips weren't the issue! WTF...Round and round we go. No hard top, no chips, soft top leaks, cant get a 2 door with a softop but you can't get a hard top either. Is it the chips or not Ford!

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That is what I thought....that Broncos are not having a chip shortage issue.
Sponsored