Sponsored

how did you handle first stone chip on body?!

10K_Vet

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Funny story. I took mine into the dealership to replace the front windshield adhesive for the recall. They drove it to a glass replacement shop. When I got it back, there was a black chip on the front of the hood. It felt just like a rock chip, even the service advisor thought so. But he got a wet rag to wipe it off and it came off. It was a splattered bug gut. :LOL:
Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've also scratched the paint on the tailgate. Had a wire basket back there that rubbed my paint right off.
I didn't even think about how the tail gate is just painted metal surface on the inside too. Any other SUVs or hatchbacks I've had have something over it. Maybe an organizer or something on there isn't such a bad idea after all.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there an online link to order paint correction pen?
There probably is, but Iā€™ve never ordered online. Here is the actual part.

Iā€™d call or visit your dealerā€™s parts department. Almost always cheaper and faster that way. Your dealer can order directly from the regional Ford/Motorcraft part distributors and usually can get it to you for the best price.

Alsoā€¦ at most dealers you can pay for parts/accessories with FordPass points. So if you have a bunch of points from buying your Bronco you can probably get it for free.

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Red paint marker to cover the metal.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ignored it. Mine had a small chip from shipping, dealer saw it I didn't and still have trouble finding it. The body shop was going to paint one entire side of the Bronco for a couple thou (at shippers expense). I'd rather have factory paint with a small flaw than a repaint of an entire side, so I told them to forget it.

Sponsored

eastbaybronco

Badlands
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still in my first week of driving...nothing yet. But I know its coming sooner or later so I have already mentally prepared myself for the inevitable lol Like most have said on here, its a truck so enjoy it. Dings and scuffs are part of the adventure. Just as long as my truck doesn't explode I'm good lol

smonroe11

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No rock chips that I know of yet, but my first chip was removing the passenger door for the first time since Ford decided to not use any grease in the hinges. I just used the ford touch up paint and clear coat pen. good as new.
Same thing happened to o my door. Where did you get a ford touch up pen clear coat pen. Iā€™m sure I could search but figured Iā€™d go to the guy that had the same issue.

Thanks

najay

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
boss 302, focus st, gen1 lightning, f250 7.3l 4wd
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

meh. I ignored it. I have touch up paint if it starts bothering me.
Sponsored