Sponsored

How Did you Lift your Badlands Sasquatch (& CV Angles)

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You're misunderstanding. He's saying swaybar disconnects do not affect max droop and he is correct in that. You can hit max droop with sway bars connected by high centering and having both front tires in the air.

So no, just because they added a swaybar disconnect does not mean they accounted for any extra droop.
Agreed on max droop, but on a Sasquatch Bronco max droop is limited by the swaybar on a non-badlands and some sort of travel limiter on a Badlands. If you put a 2" level on a truck with no sway bar disconnect, then have a Badlands disconnected with both vehicles front tires at full droop, they would have very similar maxed out CV angles. In all likely good, the disco would still have more CV angle if the shocks are not the same part number.
Sponsored

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed on max droop, but on a Sasquatch Bronco max droop is limited by the swaybar on a non-badlands and some sort of travel limiter on a Badlands. If you put a 2" level on a truck with no sway bar disconnect, then have a Badlands disconnected with both vehicles front tires at full droop, they would have very similar maxed out CV angles. In all likely good, the disco would still have more CV angle if the shocks are not the same part number.
Swaybars, disconnectable or full time acting, do not determine drop and wheel travel. You donā€™tget extra travel from the disconnection. Swaybars only limit the travel differential between each side.

If I had an educated guess, based on wheel travel between all models, the droop travel is likely the same (platform).
The only limit travel Iā€™ve seen is the jounce on the SAS models to keep clearance on the 35ā€ tires.

But yes, you can likely get away with spacers on lower level trims if you donā€™t plan to wheel it. If youā€™re going off road, a diff drop may be a good idea.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How is the diff drop on the Bronco ?

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoStile

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did a 3ā€ icon lift with the Broncbuster steering rack bushing and rpg one piece tie rods. steering feels tighter which I really like and have had no issues. running 37x12.5ā€ Mickey Thompson Baja bosses on stock sas wheels.

AD81A44F-2D4C-4590-B480-32F78E79B24C.jpeg
How do you like the Mickey Baja bosses? Any rubbing with 37's and 3" lift?

CyberVegas

First Edition
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How do you like the Mickey Baja bosses? Any rubbing with 37's and 3" lift?
Love em! Nope no rubbing at all lock to lock on road or offā€¦quiet on road too

Arcnsparks

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKRU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the 5" RC lift here on my BL non-sas with no installation issues. I've been really happy with how it turned out. My biggest concern was CV angles with a lift over the 2-3" supposed safety range, so I knew a diff drop was in order. My CV's before and after with the diff drop appear good to me.

Ford Bronco How Did you Lift your Badlands Sasquatch (& CV Angles) PhotoGrid_Plus_1649822701538

The truck even aligned out great. Only downside is having to come up with some make shift grab handles for the kids until my powered running boards come in. šŸ˜‚

Ford Bronco How Did you Lift your Badlands Sasquatch (& CV Angles) 20220323_215936~2

VVSidewinderVv

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did the 5" RC lift here on my BL non-sas with no installation issues. I've been really happy with how it turned out. My biggest concern was CV angles with a lift over the 2-3" supposed safety range, so I knew a diff drop was in order. My CV's before and after with the diff drop appear good to me.

Ford Bronco How Did you Lift your Badlands Sasquatch (& CV Angles) 20220323_215936~2

The truck even aligned out great. Only downside is having to come up with some make shift grab handles for the kids until my powered running boards come in. šŸ˜‚

Just my personal taste, but I think that lift makes it look too tall. Throws the proportions off or there's too much of a distance between the tires and fenders. I'll probably stick to something 2 inches max. Just enough to give the 35's extra clearance at the fenders and hopefully removing Ford's travel limiter on the Sasquatch.

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I like how the new knuckles have the tie rod attachment points located much higher, this allows the tie rod to remain "flatter" during the suspension movement. And likely less angle at full droop.

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Did the RC Kit include the diff drop or?

Arcnsparks

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKRU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did the RC Kit include the diff drop or?
It did. It included new front and rear crossmembers that drop the diff approx. 3". This required cutting out the center section of the rear crossmember to allow for the front driveshaft clearance. I took a chance since it lists on their site as not fitting the Badlands models and didn't have any or see anything that should cause issues. One thing to note is that the factory non-sas +50 offset wheels will not clear the new spindles. Since at the time my rims were on backorder; I purchased 1" spacers to make my factory rims effectively a +25 offset and other than of course looking tiny, they worked fine that way.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It did. It included new front and rear crossmembers that drop the diff approx. 3". This required cutting out the center section of the rear crossmember to allow for the front driveshaft clearance. I took a chance since it lists on their site as not fitting the Badlands models and didn't have any or see anything that should cause issues. One thing to note is that the factory non-sas +50 offset wheels will not clear the new spindles. Since at the time my rims were on backorder; I purchased 1" spacers to make my factory rims effectively a +25 offset and other than of course looking tiny, they worked fine that way.
So they must also have a bracket to lower the Swaybar? Or what did you do there?

Arcnsparks

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKRU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they must also have a bracket to lower the Swaybar? Or what did you do there?
Yeah, the kit came with lowering blocks that tied in to the existing swaybar frame mounting locations and the rear cross member, and that dropped the entire bar down as needed.
Sponsored