Sponsored

How Did you Lift your Badlands Sasquatch (& CV Angles)

OP
OP
darkscion0

darkscion0

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, I might have to go with the Trail Grappler which is a 37x12.5. Let me know how the body lift improves things when you get it installed.

To clear up things up: the close up of the tire is with the wheels turned. It is touching the wheel well liner. Also get rear tire rub.

I don't know if you could run a 14.5" tire unless they run alot smaller.
Sponsored

Broncoman7072

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 70 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, I might have to go with the Trail Grappler which is a 37x12.5. Let me know how the body lift improves things when you get it installed.
(y)

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking for ~1.5" lift for a little more clearance and to regain lost clearance after RSE steps, winch, bumper, loaded with gear, etc. and stay within the stock shock and CV safe zone when wheeling hard. I want to "do it right", what is that method and does this kit exist?
Just saw this video and thought it would be helpful. I did forget in my original reply, that heavier springs would be the "correct" way to accommodate the extra weight of accessories. Nothing available now, but Eibach is supposedly working on that.

They compare the spring perch/collar lift to the spacer lift in this video. They say the top spacer lift adds droop, extending factory Sasquatch IFS too low. They are going to use the collar lift up front and the spacer lift in the rear. This sounds like a good idea to me. I imagine there could be more usable flex and less lifting of the rear tire with this setup.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did a 3ā€ icon lift with the Broncbuster steering rack bushing and rpg one piece tie rods. steering feels tighter which I really like and have had no issues. running 37x12.5ā€ Mickey Thompson Baja bosses on stock sas wheels.

AD81A44F-2D4C-4590-B480-32F78E79B24C.jpeg
In that photo the outer joint is at about 17 degrees and the inboard join is 13.5 degrees.

I plugged the photo into this tool which makes it easier to figure out the angles of the current driveline.

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport and 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did a 3ā€ icon lift with the Broncbuster steering rack bushing and rpg one piece tie rods. steering feels tighter which I really like and have had no issues. running 37x12.5ā€ Mickey Thompson Baja bosses on stock sas wheels.

AD81A44F-2D4C-4590-B480-32F78E79B24C.jpeg
So are these acceptable cv angles? I lifted mine yesterday and idk if they're that extreme but definitely closer to that than any others I've seen! How's it holding up? I hope with a couple days of settling then an alignment I'll be alright

Sponsored

CyberVegas

First Edition
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I havenā€™t had any issues and Iā€™ve actually wheeled itā€¦but I did just order some coilovers

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So are these acceptable cv angles? I lifted mine yesterday and idk if they're that extreme but definitely closer to that than any others I've seen! How's it holding up? I hope with a couple days of settling then an alignment I'll be alright
Acceptable? Anything outside of stock geometry will fail faster. When you lift you will almost certainly stress other components and expect to replace those parts sooner. I lifted,my cv angles are changed. I expect to change my front cv axles sooner then stock. Pay to play.
Coilovers are your safest bet. Depends if you off road etc. Coil overs are obviously more expensive. But if I was offroading I wouldnt do a spacer lift. Not a chance.

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Acceptable? Anything outside of stock geometry will fail faster. When you lift you will almost certainly stress other components and expect to replace those parts sooner. I lifted,my cv angles are changed. I expect to change my front cv axles sooner then stock. Pay to play.
Yes, acceptable! And thanks for the lesson! I'm not gonna do much wheeling. Maybe later down the road but no time atm. Maybe some minimal maintenance road mudding simple stuff like that

Last edited:

BaseBlackCoupe

Base
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I havenā€™t had any issues and Iā€™ve actually wheeled itā€¦but I did just order some coilovers
I'm gonna do some easy off road trails. Nothing too extreme. Maybe wheeling at some point, sounds like a blast! Thanks for the replyšŸ˜ŽšŸ‘
Sponsored