Sponsored

How difficult is a DIY install of pod lights?

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi All,

I have not done aftermarket lighting on a vehicle before. My Bronco trim will have the prewired toggle switches, but how challenging will it be to wire aftermarket pod lights back to the switches?

Ordering them through B&P is $650......or buying your own pod lights will set you back about $150-200. Definitely down to do the install myself if someone tells me I won't be trying to fish wire through the inner workings of the Bronco and cursing for hours over saving a whopping $450.

Thanks!
My thinking is the same.

Plus I really like those old school round lights so I want to shop around vs getting the tiny bicycle lights Ford offers.

I'm buying the prewire set-up for a reason, after all.

That is sorta inline with the pushbar. I hate how the factory one seems to block everything. I want to see what the aftermarket eventually has and pick a style that does what I need it to do.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
...but won't it be challenging to feed wire from the pod light location (by the side view mirrors) up through the windshield frame and over to the toggle switches?
Toggle switches inside the cab are for your fingers not for the light pod wires. The pod wires will connect to a box under the hood. The box will contain the individual fuses/relays.