First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Say I went to a dealer and placed an order around Aug 6th, the dealer and I have talked a few times since and the Sales Manager is telling me that he believes my 2 door blue Big Bend with a hard top will be built this year, obv that isn't going to happen unless ford can make a miracle happen, should I just inform him that I know what I know about all the delays or any way I can switch dealers? I have a feeling they're gonna order it in a wrong color as they have already screwed up the colors, and options once and force me not to get it so they can sell it for a markup afterwards.
Sponsored

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m one of like 20 orders at my dealer and it feels kinda nice having a “build” “date” ahead of the 100+ people with earlier reservations at Grangers thanks to this forum.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But that’s off topic. Assume next year OP. When? Who knows.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling they're gonna order it in a wrong color as they have already screwed up the colors, and options once and force me not to get it so they can sell it for a markup afterwards.
If the dealer ordered the wrong color or options and your order gets pulled then their Ford rep can correct the order. We have seen this happen on a few occasions.

Also, dealer switching has long since ceased and it is unknown if it will return for MY22 but is doubtful as most orders have already been converted.

Edit. I see you are from Canadia, I thought I remember that our northern neighbors were not able to switch dealers at all??

Sponsored

Zap1993

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm unaware of all the formalities with ordering a vehicle as this is my first new vehicle I've ever sought to own, the Sales Manager called me a month after I went in to order it, no VIN yet or order confirmation, but yet was very confident about it being built this year, as we finished our conversation I asked him what the options were of the Bronco I ordered were, and the Sales Woman I dealt with punched in the wrong colour and no towing package like I asked for, the Sales Manager cleared that up and fixed it for me apparently. I have major trust issues with dealers as the online sentiment is mostly negative and personally them hiding stuff albeit minor stuff from me on my current Ram 1500.

Buddy Lee

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Geo Storm V8 & Lincoln Mark IX prototype
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If a bear craps in the woods and no one is there to see it, does Bronco production halt for a week?
Unfortunately the answer to your question and mine is "answer unclear".

Drafting_Monkey

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 GT/CS, 20 Honda Insight EX & 19 Mazda CX9
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So the people saying 125k people in front of you are partially right. When Ford selects Broncos to be built they do it like this #1 is dealer allocation #2 commodities #3 is reservation time stamp. Your dealer can tell you where your at in line with their allocations. If people wised up, they would be calling the small dealers outside of big city’s inquiring with them.
Sorry, this strategy isn't working for me. Hopefully, it is for others.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Say I went to a dealer and placed an order around Aug 6th, the dealer and I have talked a few times since and the Sales Manager is telling me that he believes my 2 door blue Big Bend with a hard top will be built this year, obv that isn't going to happen unless ford can make a miracle happen, should I just inform him that I know what I know about all the delays or any way I can switch dealers? I have a feeling they're gonna order it in a wrong color as they have already screwed up the colors, and options once and force me not to get it so they can sell it for a markup afterwards.
No chance you get a hard top this year. Your dealer sounds like the first one I went with, incompetent at best and possibly intentionally misleading. It’ll be worth going to another dealer and knowing you’ll get what you want even if it pushes you back a month

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco How Do I Determine My Place in Line die-hard-john-mc-clane

Sponsored

JKBL4

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You're not going to hear anything about your Bronco until mid/late 2022 at the earliest. You have an order date that's behind 125,000 people.
I’m a day 1 res holder, but ordered 7/28. Mine is currently in transit to the dealer. BD soft top, 2.7, mid, tow.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So the people saying 125k people in front of you are partially right. When Ford selects Broncos to be built they do it like this #1 is dealer allocation #2 commodities #3 is reservation time stamp. Your dealer can tell you where your at in line with their allocations. If people wised up, they would be calling the small dealers outside of big city’s inquiring with them.
Exactly.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
If people wised up, they would be calling the small dealers outside of big city’s inquiring with them.
Honestly, I don't think that matters much.

Every dealer I have spoken with, large or small, has abut 3-4 times as many orders as allocations. Some of the rural dealerships here have outsize order banks because of sales tax. (we have state, county, and city, and so you can save a couple hundred by using a dealer outside city limits)

OP
OP
12th Man Ag

12th Man Ag

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would changing to a 4-door soft top at this point really make any difference?

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands