Sponsored

How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack?

hfrifeldt

Badlands
First Name
Heine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been experimenting with various locations, and like BigMeatsBronco above, I settled on the rollbar in the back. I have a 4DR soft top and the existing holes are in a different location, so I made some custom brackets to move it further up under the roof. The current design in the photos is the best so far and the hi-lift clears both the rollbar and the speakers. Haven't tried to take the top all the way down just yet, but if it clears, this will be my final design and I will paint them. If any interest I can share the dimensions.

PXL_20220302_021152526.jpg

PXL_20220302_021222698.jpg

MNalls

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been experimenting with various locations, and like BigMeatsBronco above, I settled on the rollbar in the back. I have a 4DR soft top and the existing holes are in a different location, so I made some custom brackets to move it further up under the roof. The current design in the photos is the best so far and the hi-lift clears both the rollbar and the speakers. Haven't tried to take the top all the way down just yet, but if it clears, this will be my final design and I will paint them. If any interest I can share the dimensions.

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? PXL_20220302_021222698

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? PXL_20220302_021222698
Can you share some some details & materials?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have not seen any Bronco mounting kits for a Hi Lift jack - lots for Jeeps.

What are your thoughts on where and how to mount a jack?

Which length jack do you plan to carry? They come in 35", 48" & 60" lengths.

I have given up on a winch. I see a jack as a good solution.
Short answer... I didn't. I gave up on High-Lift. I bought one many years ago and I've honestly never had to use it. I did attempt to use it once to get a state parks vehicle out of the sand, but it did more damage to the vehicle then it was worth. Very awkward to use in most situations.

So with the Bronco. I opted for a ProEagle Talon 1.5 ton jack. It fits in my ARB drawer and it'll work much better for my needs (beach driving) since it has a flat bottom.

It's easy to use, safer to use and is more portable.

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? Pro2

badclam

Raptor
First Name
Jefe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor,22 Raptor 37pp,23 F350 CCLB 6.7PS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I put mine on the front.... I actually don't mind earning some damage on a rock or tree, but don't want to do it with a jack. I've used Hi-Lifts plenty through the years, and have done plenty of damage with them. I consider them a last resort for a nice rig, and don't understand why some choose to pass on the winch on a new rig if you know you'll be getting stuck, or pulling others out?

20220310_101759[1].jpg

Sponsored

hfrifeldt

Badlands
First Name
Heine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a diagram of the dimensions and position of holes. I used a welding angle steel 1/8" thick, 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" (see attached label). After weeks of use this has worked out great and I've solved some squeaking by adding rubber grommets between bracket and the jack.

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? Bracket Dimensions

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? Welding Angle Steel

MNalls

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a diagram of the dimensions and position of holes. I used a welding angle steel 1/8" thick, 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" (see attached label). After weeks of use this has worked out great and I've solved some squeaking by adding rubber grommets between bracket and the jack.

Thanks, I wondering if you need the Angle or if just a flat piece cut to 33cm length would work?

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now that I have a Bronco in the driveway there really isn't any place to use it on the Bronco that wouldn't cause damage. The jack is very useful on my crawler due to sturdy bumpers and sliders that keep the jack away from the vehicle, but then again I'm not worried about scratching paint either...
Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? Lone Pine Zoomed.JPG

I don't see anywhere to directly use the jack and the silly hooks might work on the front and rear recovery points but the chance of that jack slipping and coming into contact with the body are not worth using it.

hfrifeldt

Badlands
First Name
Heine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks, I wondering if you need the Angle or if just a flat piece cut to 33cm length would work?
I decided to use angle to make it more rigid as I was worried the weight of the hi-lift would bend the metal over time. It may be overkill and a plat piece will most likely work just fine.

Mserjohnb132

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you happen to be at the 4WP Truck and Jeep Fest this past weekend? Saw a cyber orange with the soft top down and a similar mount in the parking lot and had to look at it for a bit to figure out how it was mounted.

Sponsored

hfrifeldt

Badlands
First Name
Heine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you happen to be at the 4WP Truck and Jeep Fest this past weekend? Saw a cyber orange with the soft top down and a similar mount in the parking lot and had to look at it for a bit to figure out how it was mounted.
Nicely spotted. Yes, that must have been me. I was there Sunday 😉

broncosmitty

Outer Banks
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

my bronco had two mounting holes on each side of the roll bar. I modified this jeep mount to fit those mounting holes

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? tempImagemKaxB

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? tempImageACT8D

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? tempImagenwL2b2

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? tempImaget4OIB4
Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? tempImageTMcGeb
Sponsored