Sponsored

How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack?

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It cracks me up every time I see a hi lift jack strapped to a Jeep.

Those things are dangerous. Even the instructors at Off Roadeo said don’t do it.

Most people are just going for the look of it anyway, just don’t try to use it and you’re fine lol.
Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 48in model fits under the rear seats well. You won't be able to lower them obviously, but it will fit there if you wanted to keep it there. I would suggest using pipe insulation or something similar to wrap around it to keep from rubbing/vibrating against the seat rails, though.

Don't think it'll fit in the back easily. I don't really want to mount it externally, so mine is staying under the seats.
Dang. I don't know why I didn't think of that. I returned the 48" because I in no way wanted to mount it outside and it seemed to be obnoxiously taking up too much room. Hope the 36" will suffice...If I never plan on running anything bigger than 33-35" tires and maybe a slight lift...

Riverafter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2007 Honda Civic,
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I’ve learned anything from this thread, hi-lift (Handyman) jacks are like cilantro. You either hate it or love it. Personally, I’m in the Pacific Northwest in the cascades where the trees are huge and the rocks are lava-sharp, covered in snow, and in the way. My needs are not necessarily what other’s needs are and I respect that. I do not subscribe to what the Baja boys do as I have never seen a chainsaw on a Baja rig, but you’d be an idiot not to have one where I go. I have used a hi-lift to help my way out of many a pickle and I will continue to toss it in when I go “up the hill” into the woods. Now back to getting on topic, what mounting options are there for the Bronco?

Tech Tim

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's a great eye opener on the dangers of a Hi-Lift when you see one fail and open up the side door of the vehicle it was lifting like a can opener...
The jack failed or the person using the jack failed to use it properly?

The latter is what you usually see.

Sponsored

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The jack failed or the person using the jack failed to use it properly?

The latter is what you usually see.
The person used the jack against the truck door, when it slid while jacked, the jack crashed in the door and tore it open . That pointy end, is very good for that... And yes, the user was at fault.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan personally of high lifts, have used one I think once and also my 66 chevy had I guess a low lift or at least high lift style as a factory jack. I attempted to use it and quickly lost any faith in it and went to the store to buy a floor jack.

I have seen exhaust bag/jacks...anyone have input on those? I kind of dig the concept for tire changes as it seems perfect for inconsistent ground. Would probably fold fairly flat/compact to keep next to the factory jack in case the factory jack does not fit the situation.

Tech Tim

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Hi-Lift Jack is one of the most useful tools most people will never use to it's full extent (useful both off-road and around the house). Some in part due to lack of knowledge, others due to not being in situations where they would need to use one.

Training and practice will go along way to making those uncomfortable with a Hi-Lift feel more confident in using one.

JasonNEK

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and badlands.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others said, the hi-lift does a few other things as well. That being said, their 3-ton solution is quite nice and won't require the limited resources of propellant.

https://www.proeagle.com/collections/shop/products/3-ton-big-wheel-jack-kratos

A bit off topic, but even with the horrid logo, I love the Jerry can mounting solution here, especially as somebody who already owns a few Wavian cans. Great form factor and use of space/hardware.
As others said, the hi-lift does a few other things as well. That being said, their 3-ton solution is quite nice and won't require the limited resources of propellant.

https://www.proeagle.com/collections/shop/products/3-ton-big-wheel-jack-kratos

A bit off topic, but even with the horrid logo, I love the Jerry can mounting solution here, especially as somebody who already owns a few Wavian cans. Great form factor and use of space/hardware.
3E5E4482-B748-44E9-8960-5244EAFB1720.jpeg

JasonNEK

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 and badlands.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Hi-Lift Jack is one of the most useful tools most people will never use to it's full extent (useful both off-road and around the house). Some in part due to lack of knowledge, others due to not being in situations where they would need to use one.

Training and practice will go along way to making those uncomfortable with a Hi-Lift feel more confident in using one.
Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? 857467F5-346B-4F16-B833-8A99E4B51C35
Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? 7D1B12E9-EAC1-4D96-B9E2-9FA51EAF4428

Sponsored

Tech Tim

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks good Jason!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My old handyman that's been with me since the '70's on a Body Armor backbone.

Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? thumbnail (18)

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not a fan personally of high lifts, have used one I think once and also my 66 chevy had I guess a low lift or at least high lift style as a factory jack. I attempted to use it and quickly lost any faith in it and went to the store to buy a floor jack.

I have seen exhaust bag/jacks...anyone have input on those? I kind of dig the concept for tire changes as it seems perfect for inconsistent ground. Would probably fold fairly flat/compact to keep next to the factory jack in case the factory jack does not fit the situation.
I agree not a fan of them. I plan to get an H1 floor jack.