Sponsored

How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack?

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP has not seemingly operated a high lift, from vernacular used. A high lift is a shit jack, and a shit winch. It has uses, but its not the easiest or safest for inexperienced personnel.
ITS NOT A WINCH.🤣
Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And never change a tire with a Handyman without a jack stand (or giant rock) as back up (see #3)
This I agree with, the rest has not been my experience as it has bailed me out a few times while used for different purposes.
I also recommend using the lift mate & a jack stand. This limits the amount you have to jack the vehicle up to pull a wheel or to stuff material under to free ones self . Another reason I am a fan of the Horseshoe (SAS) wheels. YMMV :cool:

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A high lift is not a winch. It can pull things a few feet, not a winch. Not to be confused with a winch.

A jack is a jack. A winch is a winch. A high lift is neither. Its kinda like a swiss army sledgehammer or pull/push.

A hi lift is like having sex on a Chevy S10 bench seat. You could do it but there are better options available, like the bed.
Sometimes there aren’t better options. A Hi Lift can be really, really good in a lot of situations. If you are scared of them or don’t know how to use them, or don’t like them, then fine…but it is ignorant to say it can’t be a fantastic tool when you learn how to use it…and yes, it can be fine as a winch when you don’t have another one available. It’s a rally good and versatile tool, and has been used countless times to get people out of trouble. People who use them know that.

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes there aren’t better options. A Hi Lift can be really, really good in a lot of situations. If you are scared of them or don’t know how to use them, or don’t like them, then fine…but it is ignorant to say it can’t be a fantastic tool when you learn how to use it…and yes, it can be fine as a winch when you don’t have another one available. It’s a rally good and versatile tool, and has been used countless times to get people out of trouble. People who use them know that.
It's an awesome tool, in many circumstances.

But it's a terrible jack and a limited pulling device.

OP has not replied on why he abandoned winch/ and or mounting....
Or if his hi lift usage was for pulling or lifting.....

I fully agree with you that it's a great tool. I was able to take my 750 (ish) lb fabrication table to my new house because of one. I have a 90 lb fiancee and three little kids. it was this or nothing. HI-LIFT was my best friend. I just don't know if i recommend it to everyone without some form of schooling. Closed winching with soft shackles, and a jack I can recommend with less discretion

hilift.jpg

Riverafter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2007 Honda Civic,
Your Bronco Model
Base
From Morris 4x4, can mount Handyman, horizontally,$200. I'm cheap, so I'm working on a similar home built.
Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? hilift

And this from Rough Country $115, which I think could be modified with carriage bolts to do a Handyman or Jerry Can.
Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? hilift
Yeah. I’m also looking for a mount for the hi-lift, but I really want something vertical off the tailgate and this is headed I. The right direction!

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Whoops! I never posted exact measurements. If someone comes up with a mount for the roll bar it will have to be in FRONT of the speaker pods. Around 49-50” available before it would hit the windows.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 48in model fits under the rear seats well. You won't be able to lower them obviously, but it will fit there if you wanted to keep it there. I would suggest using pipe insulation or something similar to wrap around it to keep from rubbing/vibrating against the seat rails, though.

Don't think it'll fit in the back easily. I don't really want to mount it externally, so mine is staying under the seats.

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the jacks, they are super versatile and I don't go anywhere with my crawler without one. That being said, that has tube steel bumpers and rock sliders that stick out past the body. Where are people even going to be placing a jack on the Bronco? They are unstable by nature and can instantly cause body and vehicle damage without much notice.

That Eagle solution is laughable, that is aimed at bottomless pocketed idiots and race teams.

I don't have my Bronco yet, but it will be interesting to see how useful a hi-lift jack could even be...

Riverafter

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2007 Honda Civic,
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the jacks, they are super versatile and I don't go anywhere with my crawler without one. That being said, that has tube steel bumpers and rock sliders that stick out past the body. Where are people even going to be placing a jack on the Bronco? They are unstable by nature and can instantly cause body and vehicle damage without much notice.

That Eagle solution is laughable, that is aimed at bottomless pocketed idiots and race teams.

I don't have my Bronco yet, but it will be interesting to see how useful a hi-lift jack could even be...
If the rough country folks could fabricated a vertical mount off the spare rack, I’d get it. If not, I got the brush bar on my front bumper and could do a “tube mount” off that, I guess. Not my first option.

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco How do you plan to mount your Hi Lift jack? all Iphon pics 12-9-14 534.JPG

They make these universal mounts that mount to any tube at any angle. Stick it on just before you head out but don be that nerd at the mall that never has used his but carries it EVERY DAMN DAY!! Lol

Sponsored

KyleQ

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8 Broncos!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They make these universal mounts that mount to any tube at any angle. Stick it on just before you head out but don be that nerd at the mall that never has used his but carries it EVERY DAMN DAY!! Lol
Yup, I've had billet mounts on my crawler for a decade, love them. I find that everyone else uses my jack more than I do, but hey, I don't mind. Sometimes you need to jack, sometimes you need to winch.... sometimes you need both!

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a great eye opener on the dangers of a Hi-Lift when you see one fail and open up the side door of the vehicle it was lifting like a can opener...

Rivers90

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Myself and friends have gotten unstuck using a hi-lift many times. It can be tricky to use and you have to be creative some times. When there are no good anchors for a winch it may be your only option. We have used it for both being high centered on rocks and stuck in mud/sand. We have even use the danger of the vehicle falling off the jack to move a vehicle sideways a few feet, by jacking up first one end and pushing it sideways till the hi-lift fell over. This moved the jeep about a foot sideways each time. repeated a few times at both ends till the tires were on a better surface. You need to be carful doing anything with a vehicle, and there is always danger so be sure you know how to safely use any tool including a hi-lift, winch or even a recovery strap.

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
https://www.proeagle.com/

Here is the good stuff.

Ever see a Baja 1000 truck with a high lift? theres a reason......

I'm looking at this currently.....
https://www.proeagle.com/products/phoenix-ds-trail-kit

I have to drive home from work but i can expand on this later.
Agree, intersting unit:

With 2-3 feet of suspension travel............eh..........exercise in futility on SCORE/SNORE stuff. On my Rock Crawler- I run 1 60"Hi-Lift, and 1 scissor (can be used for wedge, repairs, bending, leverage) on the new Bronco-which for all intensive purposes is a passenger vehicle after looking at it yesterday......1 bottle jack and one scissor jack. A 60" Hi lift is overkill, but I guess it can always be mounted next to a snorkel, some LED's and off road stickers.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm going to mount mine up on the cowl like a good jeeper so when I get rear ended it comes through the windshield and kills me or if I rear end someone it goes through their back glass and kills them :oops:
Sponsored