Sponsored

How do you wait for “Late Availability”?

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just hope Ford lets me self-select the MY22. That would remove a ton of uncertainty. The features I most want:

1. Mod Top
2. Swing down rack on tailgate (pull out too but only if it’s in the $400 range)
3. Light gray MGV

The rest of my BL is spot on. I’m genuinely thrilled with my build.
Ford needs to put something out with dates. MY22 normally hits the lot by Sept 21. Same time most will still be recieving MY21. ??‍♂
Sponsored

SafariJeff

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Defender / 2000 Discovery / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thinking we have the option to wait until MY22 or MY23 might be a big mistake. The reservation process is for early release for enthusiasts willing to fly plunk down a measly $100, it also gives Ford and early idea or the interest in the Bronco. However, it does get you in at MSRP. Any orders past the cutoff for the reservations process, you would probably be looking at brutal ADM's (Additional Dealer Markups) like the Raptor had a 3+ years when it was released. So if you think the interiors are a multicolored mess (which I do) imagine that $50K Bronco now costing now at $65K including $15K ADM, for the same exact mutilcolored mess, now going to the honor of buying a Bronco and paying taxes even on the ADM...

With that said, I believe, and I am sure Ford knows now, they will sell everything in production for the next few years no matter how many people 'cancel' their reservation in disgust. Canceling your reservation at this point only looses your MSRP pricing.

Let's hope Ford take care of us early adopter / fans and edits the B&P to get something with a more realistic color scheme, white top, etc. and gives us 'late delivery'. For them to take the time to add in 200 options and only 1 interior of each type is... lets say shooting themselves in the foot.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thinking we have the option to wait until MY22 or MY23 might be a big mistake. The reservation process is for early release for enthusiasts willing to fly plunk down a measly $100, it also gives Ford and early idea or the interest in the Bronco. However, it does get you in at MSRP. Any orders past the cutoff for the reservations process, you would probably be looking at brutal ADM's (Additional Dealer Markups) like the Raptor had a 3+ years when it was released. So if you think the interiors are a multicolored mess (which I do) imagine that $50K Bronco now costing now at $65K including $15K ADM, for the same exact mutilcolored mess, now going to the honor of buying a Bronco and paying taxes even on the ADM...

With that said, I believe, and I am sure Ford knows now, they will sell everything in production for the next few years no matter how many people 'cancel' their reservation in disgust. Canceling your reservation at this point only looses your MSRP pricing.

Let's hope Ford take care of us early adopter / fans and edits the B&P to get something with a more realistic color scheme, white top, etc. and gives us 'late delivery'. For them to take the time to add in 200 options and only 1 interior of each type is... lets say shooting themselves in the foot.
Ford Bronco How do you wait for “Late Availability”? 1604256060927

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe Ford could send out discount coupons on the black hard top to MY21 owners. :ROFLMAO:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just wondering how late is late availability going to be. Their original statement didn’t make it sound like it would be a 2022 model.
It all depends on their supply chain. Ford's typical model year build cycle runs until about July. July the quit taking orders for the current model year. Once they finish building the current year orders they make the necessary tooling changes to the next year's production. No idea how that will work with the Bronco since it is all new.

Sponsored

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Here's my educated guess on the late availability Black mod top. Ford anounnced they are doing it to up production so we won't see the black mod top until the last month or two of the model year conversion. Reason being for those FE buyers that hold out for black mod top, I'm pretty sure Ford will want all the FE's to be MY2021. Does anyone knows the month or date of MY2021 to MY2022 conversion ? Chances are we'll see Black Mod tops a month or two before that date.

Last edited:

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone knows the month or date of MY2021 to MY2022 conversion ? Chances are we'll see Black Mod tops a month or two before that date.
Ford usually won't announce end of year until it gets closer. I expect they'll build 21's through year end. In the past it was Sept switch with October as the official model year changeover, then it got to be all through the year, but this year we started leaving some 20's in production into December which I'd never seen. With the late start and if June is the Ok to ship, I expect they'll do the same with Bronco.
Sponsored