Sponsored

How do you wait for “Late Availability”?

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I wonder what something like tube doors not available when your Bronco is on deck means. It won't physically hold production up, but should they wait to start your build?
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am holding out hope that Ford will clarify the many many questions related to ordering that many of us have soon as we order in December. I will be kind of upset if come December us first day reservation folks don’t have an answer to the late availability stuff. I can’t see a way logistically to order in December and wait until a top comes in 2022 for them to send you the bronco. I also can’t see a way to hold our spot with reservation until we can order late availability stuff. If I had to take a wild guess I would say if you want late availability stuff they will put you in order of original reservation first when you go to order it in June or whenever they open the MY22 orders so you still keep your place but now it’s for the MY22
The real question is when will we know what the 2022 options are? That would be the determining point on when people would order and what they will order. I’m willing to wait if I know what they are offering but I am in limbo if I must order 2021 options not knowing what is actually coming.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has been answered. What’s the process if we want to wait for the black hardtop or anything else coming later on in the 2021 model year?

Is it available to order during the December-January window and we just know to wait extra long for delivery? Or do we get to just hold on to our reservation? I reserved on Launch night. I just always thought that if you dont order during the window you lose your reservation. Thanks
When items are on commodity restraint your vehicle is produced when everything is available. Being this is a new vehicle it won’t be available for an option for obx or badlands. If you want to delay your order, it will more than likely be available to do so on a wildtrak or first edition.

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The real question is when will we know what the 2022 options are? That would be the determining point on when people would order and what they will order. I’m willing to wait if I know what they are offering but I am in limbo if I must order 2021 options not knowing what is actually coming.
You won’t know 22 options until August or September of 21. For second year it is just going to be colors tops and more money for current options. Keeping base price the same.

OP
OP
PELS82

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes I can see it happening as well, especially as the #s rise. After the holidays if the #s keep going up. Late avail will = MY22 for sure
Im ok with that as long as we get the additional 2022 options lol

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im ok with that as long as we get the additional 2022 options lol
Yesir! My thoughts exactly. I'm holding off submitting my order till late January just to see what happens .. ?? for painted top, new color (Green) and updated interior

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You won’t know 22 options until August or September of 21. For second year it is just going to be colors tops and more money for current options. Keeping base price the same.
Meaning you could be holding off because you were told there is a white top and other cool things for MY22 but then come August they actually push it back to MY23. Life is short so I’m buying a MY21 as there is no guarantee on anything for the other MY Broncos.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s a no brainer... either you find what you expect in B&P... or you wait/hope.

If you are waiting for extra options/packages/combo like ManSquatch... Just wait.

If you are willing to pay $$$ for modular top, order now and buy on later...

If you are waiting for accessories you can always have them later aftermarket or through Ford.

In the meantime hit refresh every hour on the forum ?

Stimpy

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meaning you could be holding off because you were told there is a white top and other cool things for MY22 but then come August they actually push it back to MY23. Life is short so I’m buying a MY21 as there is no guarantee on anything for the other MY Broncos.
Agreed, I was thinking about waiting for MY22 options, but I’m happy enough with what we have for the first year. The only thing I’m really willing to wait for is a higher rated tow package and I don’t think that’s going to happen any time soon.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not so much a cool factor, rather than a manufacture spec for the Wild Trak when reserved on 7/27 (Shadow Black Painted Hard Top) that became unavailable prior to the B&P launch. Should other colors and options become available at that time, well yeah I guess that would be cool wouldnt it?

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not so much a cool factor, rather than a manufacture spec for the Wild Trak when reserved on 7/27 (Shadow Black Painted Hard Top) that became unavailable prior to the B&P launch. Should other colors and options become available at that time, well yeah I guess that would be cool wouldnt it?
What I am saying is if you wait for Shadow Black Painted Hard top on MY22 you very well could be told next year that it won’t be MY22 but MY23. So you can buy it now with sun faded black top and have a MY21, wait for MY22 and pray it actually happens, or wait for MY23 and pray it comes in 23. Either way I don’t have enough faith personally in what they are telling us will be available in MY22 since those are some of the things they said we can get in MY21. Some people will say it’s because of production delays from Covid but remember we could very well be in the same situation next year too with Covid delays. Just something to think about. It all comes down to how bad you want the bronco. If you really really want it now get MY21 and paint top later. If you can wait a little than wait for MY22 to see what they may offer new.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What I am saying is if you wait for Shadow Black Painted Hard top on MY22 you very well could be told next year that it won’t be MY22 but MY23. So you can buy it now with sun faded black top and have a MY21, wait for MY22 and pray it actually happens, or wait for MY23 and pray it comes in 23. Either way I don’t have enough faith personally in what they are telling us will be available in MY22 since those are some of the things they said we can get in MY21. Some people will say it’s because of production delays from Covid but remember we could very well be in the same situation next year too with Covid delays. Just something to think about. It all comes down to how bad you want the bronco. If you really really want it now get MY21 and paint top later. If you can wait a little than wait for MY22 to see what they may offer new.
Agreed ... btw I want the Bronco! lol .. however probably putting to much trust in Ford. It's true we dont know what can happen and the chance for a lot of dissapointed customers is high and we should be prepared for that. To be honest Ford really needs to be up front with us! Real numbers so we can plan ahead for our finances and expectations ...

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly. There are no guarantees until you are presented with them.

_2020_

Badlands
First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mini Countryman S , 2015 JKU, 2017 X5 3.5i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Y’all wait until I receive mine!!!

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just hope Ford lets me self-select the MY22. That would remove a ton of uncertainty. The features I most want:

1. Mod Top
2. Swing down rack on tailgate (pull out too but only if it’s in the $400 range - I suspect it will be priced much higher)
3. Light gray MGV

The rest of my BL is spot on. I’m genuinely thrilled with my build. The first two are almost certain to be available by MY22, the third is an incredibly popular ask by everyone living in the south like me.
Sponsored