Sponsored

How do you wait for “Late Availability”?

Bfaust32

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I asked this same question on another thread and never got an answer. Very interested to hear a verified response.
Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Late availability" will delay your delivery. As stated above your order will remain in the "unscheduled" status until the parts become available. Basically Ford acknowledges your order and will build it when the parts are available. Any orders that do not have "parts hold" will be produced ahead of yours. The only time the full production is stopped is when an issue/quality with a part is found or a supplier falls behind and cannot deliver on time.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well you just keep waiting.

B&P is not the order system. The dealers will get the order system loaded for the Bronco over the next month. It may include the ability to order such late arriving options, like man-squatch, black modular hard top, etc. and you complete your order and wait. Or the dealer order system may not include those options yet, and you wait until they do.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so, for verified late availability items like mansquatch,

do we order in december/january, and expect a long wait,

or will ford delay entering those orders to sometime in '21 (and somehow keep our reservation number)?

deznut

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm hoping for a revision/update to the current B&P...with a change in the choices given ( with more choices!) ...I hope it will be the "sign" that "late availability" parts are finally making it to the production pipeline...maybe a revised B&P will magically appear before we have to take a trip to the dealer for ordering ( or the dealer will have a "secret" dealer only B&P?)...if not - it could be a long wait.:(

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry if this has been answered. What’s the process if we want to wait for the black hardtop or anything else coming later on in the 2021 model year?

Is it available to order during the December-January window and we just know to wait extra long for delivery? Or do we get to just hold on to our reservation? I reserved on Launch night. I just always thought that if you dont order during the window you lose your reservation. Thanks
We don't know yet, on late availability items, I've seen two things happen.

1. Options are in the order guide and you can order them, but the order just says "material hold" on it so it won't even be looked at for scheduling.

2. Options aren't available to order, not even a choice, when Job 2 (or 3, etc) ordering changes happen, those options are added and are then able to be ordered.

Ford hasn't said what to do yet on your case or which way it will happen. It's my belief that you'll have to order during the conversion period or the reservation will be lost.

Because of this, I expect example 1 to be the way it will work, however, they could do option 2 and tell us to prioritize these orders to the rear and add the options later, so it would still be possible, but not my preference as it leaves it open to mistakes if someone forgets later.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

One of our dealers could clear this up in a minute since it must happen with many orders. What's the process?

SharpGT500

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 74, 78, 80, 84 II XLS. Current: 1974
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Plus, if we order it with the soft top and painted hard top, Can they built it right away with soft top and ship the hard top to the dealer when it's ready.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Plus, if we order it with the soft top and painted hard top, Can they built it right away with soft top and ship the hard top to the dealer when it's ready.
The freight charge of the vehicle would be with the hardtop installed - if they have to ship it after they would bang us for additional freight charge.

Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, I don't see that happening, Look for hardtop price through parts to be flat crazy, its possible Ford could lower this one slightly due to the issues. Only time I've seen something happen was back on Mercury Capri's, hardtop wasn't available on orders so they had a painted add on top priced reasonably later, but that car wasn't selling which is why I think that happened.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe a dealer, salesperson, and or someone who works at the dealership said that they would slowly introduce more accessories. But this is coming from the dealership's mouth. Not directly from Ford.
Which means you can't trust a word of it unless it's preceded with "Granger". Because they don't say anything unless it's a guarantee of what the will do themselves.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Same following as well ... Is the black show hard top only for WT/FE trims ? Or can I order a black diamond with the shadow black top and wait as well ?
Black was never an option for BD.
Sponsored