Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will those at the top of the list be given first chance to place their orders?

What if reservation number 1 decides to take 3 months to place his order?

How do they prevent dealerships from working out of order and giving preference to friends and family?
Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe I heard that there was a "time window" that we had to order once it was available, so that should alleviate any slow ups in the build process.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You order when the order bank opens in December, with a cutoff date. Ford gets all the orders in...the builds them “roughly” in order of reservation. When you build and send your order is meaningless as long as it goes in during the window for ordering.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those answers above are correct. If you want more info, search "time stamp" as this has been cover numerous times and that is (approximately) how Ford determines build order for our reservations

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Valid question.
I think the advantage of being #1 over #100 is that if both place the order on the same day for instance, Ford will start work on #1 first. It’s a theoretical advantage at best.

If reservation #100 places the order on the first day that orders can be placed, I cannot imagine Ford sitting on their hands waiting for reservation #1-99 to place their order because Ford has no way of knowing which reservations are actually going to turn into actual orders.

I cannot imagine that Ford will give a window of time for each order to be placed because even if that window is only of a 1 day duration many will have to wait a potential 100,000-150,000 days to place the order?!

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My take is this: Reservation holders will have a window of time to place their order. After that window closes, orders will be placed through the dealer like any other. Ford is not waiting 3 months for a reservation holder to order. Probably no more than a couple of weeks. The window will close well before production starts. Those that place their order within that window will have their Bronco built in as near order of reservation as production allows.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You order when the order bank opens in December, with a cutoff date. Ford gets all the orders in...the builds them “roughly” in order of reservation. When you build and send your order is meaningless as long as it goes in during the window for ordering.
THIS........ close thread. :ROFLMAO:

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wondering if Ford will be keeping production number one or reservation holder one will receive it. It would be kind of cool owning the first new 2021 Bronco.

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Wondering if Ford will be keeping production number one or reservation holder one will receive it. It would be kind of cool owning the first new 2021 Bronco.
I would have to guess they are keeping it or some important automotive icon like Jay Leno already has dibs.

But it would be really sweet to get the first, First Edition.:love:

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, I imagine they give you a guesstimated delivery time based on reservation time stamp when order is placed. I then see, a few weeks before the assembly line fires up, Ford reshuffling the order list just a bit to group similar builds together and then fine tuning that delivery date.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The availability of component parts from subcontractors could be a variable outside of Ford’s control. That may have been one of the reasons behind the survey. Clearly, if your Bronco with its list of options does not have the parts ready you don’t get on the assembly line even if your reservation number is super low! Many variables are in play!

martyb

Badlands
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Denali, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

and if you have a constraint in your order (like Velocity Blue paint) you will slide back in the line until the constraint clears.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The availability of component parts from subcontractors could be a variable outside of Ford’s control. That may have been one of the reasons behind the survey. Clearly, if your Bronco with its list of options does not have the parts ready you don’t get on the assembly line even if your reservation number is super low! Many variables are in play!
I think the survey was more intended to help Ford figure out interest in options and what people are willing to pay for them. When folks start saving their builds in B&P (by September) Ford will get a pretty good idea on what components are higher demand and should be ready for it.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea they may fulfill all the VB orders from the public, then realize whoops what's this on a post-it, we forgot to make damarble's bronco lol. Hopefully not since Ford said res > stock orders.
Sponsored