Sponsored

How does the 2.7L Sound and Any Plans for Exhaust/Muffler Changes?

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I probably shouldn’t say it... but man I wish folks would quit putting exhaust tips on vehicles... they don’t sound good... they don’t sound powerful... they’re just loud. Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If it doesn’t sound like this I don’t want to hear it.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I probably shouldn’t say it... but man I wish folks would quit putting exhaust tips on vehicles... they don’t sound good... they don’t sound powerful... they’re just loud. Just my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.
It’s true though, they sound like ass.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford went the next step on the new 3.5 Raptor and built a "horn" in the exhaust to try and balance and improve the sound. I loved the 5.0L coyote sound, I love the 2.7 power and efficiency more. For me, my 2.7 (if that's what I actually get, pending commodity restraints) will stay quiet. I get loving the sounds of particular powertrains. I think we often equate sound with power too, so quiet "seems" less powerful.

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im into a 2.3 at this point im not too worried about sound as much as i want every bit i can squeeze out of it.

A slightly louder exhaust does make it easier to drive a manual imo as i dont have to look at tach.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Plenty of aftermarket options for the 2.7l on the F150. I disagree that they ALL sound awful. Ford is also offering ford performance options as late availability.

I personally don't love the overly loud exhaust systems out there, but something that sounds less turbo-ie would be my preference. The 2.7 F150 is very turbo sounding. Even the new 2021 that I test drove a few weeks ago. But I am bias to the v8 sound 🤷‍♂️

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless it's a V8 (or bigger), any mods to the exhaust makes me think you've watched too many Fast & Furious movies, and thought they were way too legit

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2.7L will likely just be quiet stock like the F-150, sadly, I've not heard any good sounding 2.7L's with mods yet. I'd given up hope for the Bronco aftermarket exhaust. However with the new Raptor reveal, they made the 3.5L sound good, so it is possible, looks like it will take some equal length exhaust and some X pipe placement to the rear, but I'm assuming some aftermarket company will be able to copy the layout. I'd be happy if I can make mine sound like the new Raptor.

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are a lot of great sounding 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders out there. They all have carburetors on them and no turbos.
Keep your bronco quiet and let your driving skills and great looking rig do the talking.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a borla atak on my 335 and it sounds like Zeus' chariot when the taps get opened. why does this sound so damn ricey? oof.
Because an I6 can still sound good. A V6 never can. Well, the Jaguar 90 degree V6 sounds okay, but that's it.
Sponsored