Sponsored

How does the 2.7L Sound and Any Plans for Exhaust/Muffler Changes?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Exhausts can sound good when it is tuned to the specific vehicle from the factory or by the exhaust manufacturer or by use of helmholtz. Unfortunately, most people believe the louder the better. This is why there is such a negative view of anything but V8’s. Because people cannot accept that a 4-6 cylinder isn’t as loud as a V8, they have to achieve the loudness! Listen to my Civic pop and burble and sound like a giant flatulent turd like lawn mower only 100X louder.
Oh yeah. Volume has nothing to do with quality of sound at all. Unfortunately, many people think just uncorking some small motor and making it super loud is a good sound. Not so much.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh yeah. Volume has nothing to do with quality of sound at all. Unfortunately, many people think just uncorking some small motor and making it super loud is a good sound. Not so much.
Nope lol. I go race frequently and when they come up, dear god, they sound so awful. Everyone just looks away in disgust 🤣 They’re 10X louder than 98% of the V8’s to boot. I usually laugh at all the tuners that sound like they’re going 180MPH but they’re driving 18.

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s what I wish our Broncos sounded like (old school V8 power). BTW this is me driving my 63 Split window, 327, 340hp, solid lifter. Listen to it with air pods for maximum effect. It sounds mean without sounding obnoxious. This is what it sounds like inside the car. Outside it is a musical symphony 😃

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People make this mistake all of the time. They confuse a cool car with a good exhaust sound. I'd bet $100 if I took a sound clip of a cool carb'd old inline 4 and played it over the top of a F&F Honda Civic, everyone would complain about how horrible the exhaust sounds.

People think old cars sound good because they like old cars. Sorry, I4s and V6s have always sounded like garbage and the only thing to do is to keep them quiet.

The other thing I see is "I had an [XXX] with an exhaust and it sounded great!" Yes, and every parent believes their child is a beautiful perfect heavenly specimen. Sorry, your kid is an annoying shit and so is the loud exhaust on your V6 Mustang. It was never good, but you couldn't see that because it was yours and you were blind to how awful it was for everyone else.
I have one neighbor that wouldn't agree with you and over a dozen other neighbors that definitely would agree with you (including myself.).

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Here’s my 63 on a lift at idle and a couple of revs. This is the sound I would love in my Bronco.

Sponsored

J_Meh_Cray_D

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Silverado Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My 5.3L Silverado w Spintech 6000 mufflers was a beast... also served as an alarm system one night when my wife (now ex) woke me up saying, “I think someone just took your truck!”

Took OnStar a long ass while to shut it down, but better that than waking up and wondering where the hell my truck went.
I imagine spintech on these EB engines will be teh suck. As much as I love exhaust note... will probably try and keep the sound well-hidden on a Bronco.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 Land Rover 90 p/u, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s my 63 on a lift at idle and a couple of revs. This is the sound I would love in my Bronco.
This is beautiful music

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I worked at a Jeep dealership many years ago. The reason I liked the V8 Grand Cherokees better than the 6-cylinder wasn't just power, but the sound - because the V8's were quieter than the 6's. Even at idle, the 6's sounded like a sewing machine compared to the low-purr of the V8's. (And we won't even discuss revving.) I would have paid for the V8 just for the quieter, less-intrusive sound of the bigger powerplant - whether at idle or driving.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A little loud but I'd be good with the new one sounding like this. It makes me want to do a 347 stoker kit on my '75.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Rubicon 2 Badlands

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon / 2021 Bronco: Badlands/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I like quiet exhausts. Like my Jeep, I plan on using it to get to remote hunting and fishing spots. Quiet is always better for that.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2.5l 4 cylinder now and took a chance and put a magnaflow on it. World of difference... Perfect rumble, no fart can, no drone, and when cruising you barely hear it until you get on the gas.

One time I was going down the freeway and a full sized V8 truck got next to me and he also had a magnaflow because our two vehicles started to drone due to them having the same "tone", so his was louder, but sounded just like my 4 banger.

So the short of it... Replacing the Stock Bronco muffler with a Magnaflow and calling it a day.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My exhaust goal is to remove the stock rock magnet muffler before it is ripped off while rock crawling. If that process results in a nicer sound, bonus points.
@da_jokker I've had good results with Magnaflow products as well.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model