Sponsored

How does the 2.7L Sound and Any Plans for Exhaust/Muffler Changes?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Austin Powers voice - "Private drag baby, YEAH!"
Love those movies! I added a stripe this week though so I should be faster this upcoming season.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just listen to Motorhead at all times in your Bronco at "11". Exhaust will never be an issue.

Ford Bronco How does the 2.7L Sound and Any Plans for Exhaust/Muffler Changes? 58291822-3AD7-4EE6-B50E-E54CF20044B0_4_5005_c

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It’s got to breath better first. That’s more important to me than sound. Usually just replacing the downpipes frees up a lot of flow, therefore making it louder. The right exhaust would probably make this thing sound sportier. But I’d rather stealth mode in my bronco. Quiet works better for me. But I wouldn’t mind adding a well built exhaust with some cutouts. That way I can get loud and annoying only if I choose to.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While subjectively different for everyone, the 2.7 sounds like explosive diarrhea splattering against an oscillating fan to me. The quieter the better. For those that think it is better louder, well... Enjoy knowing a large chunk of the rest of the World is throwing up just a little in their mouths as you motor on by, and you try to remain blissfully ignorant that people both dislike and pity you at the same time.

1stCar76Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge Sport tuned
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Let’s be honest here. It’s a V6. It’s not going to produce the sound most want and definitely nothing remotely close to a 302 V8.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Alfa Romeo only has a 1.75L engine and it sounds amazing. It's race exhaust does not have a muffler, [From the factory]but turbo cars do not need one for emissions. I am sure the aftermarket will come up with something that sounds really nice. I've had great experiences with magna flow. I am sure they will have a nice option at some point

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Alfa Romeo only has a 1.75L engine and it sounds amazing. It's race exhaust does not have a muffler, [From the factory]but turbo cars do not need one for emissions. I am sure the aftermarket will come up with something that sounds really nice. I've had great experiences with magna flow. I am sure they will have a nice option at some point
Yup. There are some good examples of this like the Abarth exhaust. A turbo V6 can sound great. It just needs to be an exhaust that’s built to flow better and knock down vibrations and drone before they travel the length of the exhaust (think tuning fork). No crushed bends, unnecessary hard turns, and opened chambered resonators as close to the turbos as possible, etc.