First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the top require drilling? Does anyone have the instructions that they can post?
Sponsored

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi Ray!
Here is the install guide for the 2 door https://www.bestop.com/wp-content/uploads/Installation Instructions/BDKW_56872-INS_001.pdf

Here is the install guide for the 4 door https://www.bestop.com/wp-content/uploads/Installation Instructions/BDKW_56873-INS_001.pdf

Here is a link to a few YouTube videos showing the install https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bestop+bronco+trektop+install

Please feel free to reach out with any questions! 800-845-3567 or email us at [email protected]

Eryn@Bestop

OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi Ray!
Here is the install guide for the 2 door https://www.bestop.com/wp-content/uploads/Installation Instructions/BDKW_56872-INS_001.pdf

Here is the install guide for the 4 door https://www.bestop.com/wp-content/uploads/Installation Instructions/BDKW_56873-INS_001.pdf

Here is a link to a few YouTube videos showing the install https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bestop+bronco+trektop+install

Please feel free to reach out with any questions! 800-845-3567 or email us at [email protected]

Eryn@Bestop
Thank you, I hope that the recent fires did not affect you. I was just in Longmont the week before.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I just had the 4d twill installed. To my knowledge it didnā€™t require any drilling. That said, itā€™s not a hot-swappable productā€¦ more of a long term commitment haha

OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just had the 4d twill installed. To my knowledge it didnā€™t require any drilling. That said, itā€™s not a hot-swappable productā€¦ more of a long term commitment haha
I does look like a little more time to fully remove but it does look better. Have you noticed it being any quieter than stock? I plan to get a hard top too eventually. I imagine that spending a couple hours twice a year to swap things around will be acceptable.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Bestop_Team - once the initial install is done, how hard is it to swap back and forth between the two door hard top and the Bestop? About how long does it take?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Bestop_Team - once the initial install is done, how hard is it to swap back and forth between the two door hard top and the Bestop? About how long does it take?
My concern is that some of the install uses adhesive pieces that I canā€™t imagine are all that easily removed or reusedā€¦

OP
OP
JHawk

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My concern is that some of the install uses adhesive pieces that I canā€™t imagine are all that easily removed or reusedā€¦
Hmmm, I understand your concern now. I just read the install instructions. I will need to research this more.

Bestop_Team

First Edition
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Bestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there!
The removal of the Trektop will usually take 1 to 1.5 hours. Should get easier and faster to do as you get use to the top. :)

-Eryn@Bestop

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're definitely not removing the adhesive pieces on the rear easily. And highly doubt being able to reuse them. When I installed my 4dr top, they definitely stuck extremely well.

Sponsored

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m planning on buying the soft top for my two door this spring. I have to say that it appears way more complicated and time consuming than the soft top to my 4 door wrangler (that I take on/off each spring and winter).

TLehrman

First Edition
First Name
Tami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there!
The removal of the Trektop will usually take 1 to 1.5 hours. Should get easier and faster to do as you get use to the top. :)

-Eryn@Bestop
I just got the 4 door top installed and it was much more involved to install, my question is, can you leave the canvas part and all the arms attached to the brackets when removing?

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Itā€™s a good question - I just had the Bestop installed by Ford on my 2 door. It took them over 4 hours, much longer than they expected. I think it was my dealerā€™s first installation.

Our Wrangler top comes off almost as one piece (bracket and fabric) followed by the frame pieces. Iā€™m hoping this is the same deal now that itā€™s all assembled.
Sponsored