Sponsored

How does the financial side (financing / payment) of ordering actually work?

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Apologies in advance as I am sure this has been answered before somewhere among the thousands of posts.

So we all paid $100 to "reserve" the bronco. Great! Now what happens during the actual ordering process?

Example:

Lets assume build and price comes out sept 1st. I see that the exact Bronco I want will be $45k.
Ordering opens Sept 15th. I go to my designated dealer to 'order' my Bronco.

up to this point we have not seen the bronco in person. We have not been able to test drive it. Hell, we haven't even seen our desired paint in person - not even on some random piece of metal (think jerry can).

Are we going to have to setup our financing and/or give our down-payment / pay the entire thing all right there when ordering?

How does this process normally work? Let alone in a situation where we haven't even been able to see the truck irl...
Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

from the conversations i’ve had with my selected dealership, down payment isn’t collected until delivery

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talked to my saleswoman yessterday and it sounds like they are asking for $400 to actually place your order when it becomes available.

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologies in advance as I am sure this has been answered before somewhere among the thousands of posts.

So we all paid $100 to "reserve" the bronco. Great! Now what happens during the actual ordering process?

Example:

Lets assume build and price comes out sept 1st. I see that the exact Bronco I want will be $45k.

up to this point we have not seen the bronco in person. We have not been able to test drive it. Hell, we haven't even seen our desired paint in person - not even on some random piece of metal (think jerry can).

Are we going to have to setup our financing and/or give our down-payment / pay the entire thing all right there when ordering?

How does this process normally work? Let alone in a situation where we haven't even been able to see the truck irl...
Order banks for Bronco don't open until December.
You never pay when you order, you pay when you take delivery (or decline and don't pay).
Doubtful anyone will be able to setup financing at order time given the long lead between when orders are being taken and when deliveries are scheduled - there's too much variability for lenders to commit to an interest rate.
Different dealers have their own policies regarding how much money they want for a deposit at time of order and you should be able to negotiate that. It can be anywhere from the $100 deposit you've already placed (Granger has already indicated that's all they need) to ridiculous amounts of YOUR money sitting in THEIR bank account. Regardless of which dealer you choose and how much you deposit make sure it is *refundable*. Any dealer that insists on a non-refundable deposit my advice is to walk backwards, slowly, out of the dealership then sprint to your car and drive out of there like your hair's on fire.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If financing is a concern for you then talk with your selected dealers finance department to get ideas on payments and terms..

Then when it is close to getting delivered then check with your Credit Union or Bank to see what they can offer, revisit with your dealer and compare finance rates and terms to get the best one.

Down payment and finalizing paperwork does not happen until delivery, also the $100 is acceptable as the deposit on the Bronco at many dealers (including ours) however they may ask for more it is their discretion... Make sure that it is refundable just in case you do not/cannot finish the purchase of the Bronco...

In 6 or month months many things can change..

I hope this helps..

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If financing is a concern for you then talk with your selected dealers finance department to get ideas on payments and terms..

Then when it is close to getting delivered then check with your Credit Union or Bank to see what they can offer, revisit with your dealer and compare finance rates and terms to get the best one.

Down payment and finalizing paperwork does not happen until delivery, also the $100 is acceptable as the deposit on the Bronco at many dealers (including ours) however they may ask for more it is their discretion... Make sure that it is refundable just in case you do not/cannot finish the purchase of the Bronco...

In 6 or month months many things can change..

I hope this helps..
This may have also been answered, but I haven't seen it. The following quote or some variation is a common thought/comment.

You pay when it is delivered, most dealers will not require a deposit as they want you to vanish so they can sell it over MSRP :)
You've mentioned a few times that delivery rate of ordered vehicles is a metric Ford tracks. What is the effect of fail to deliver? I.e. Bronco gets ordered dealer somehow scares the customer away with shady tactics, or the customer just walks because of whatever reason. How does that impact the dealership, beyond now have a magical Bronco to presumably sell at inflated prices?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This may have also been answered, but I haven't seen it. The following quote or some variation is a common thought/comment.

You've mentioned a few times that delivery rate of ordered vehicles is a metric Ford tracks. What is the effect of fail to deliver? I.e. Bronco gets ordered dealer somehow scares the customer away with shady tactics, or the customer just walks because of whatever reason. How does that impact the dealership, beyond now have a magical Bronco to presumably sell at inflated prices?
Ford will decide what to do to those that do fall above the threshold...

We do not intend to get in that situation as it does not turn out well for inventory or relationship with the parent company...

There more than likely will some fallout as I stated above, many things can change in the customers life in 6+ months...

Mrpenn46

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands - Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford will decide what to do to those that do fall above the threshold...

We do not intend to get in that situation as it does not turn out well for inventory or relationship with the parent company...

There more than likely will some fallout as I stated above, many things can change in the customers life in 6+ months...

Thanks, for the reply. I figured there had to be some mechanism keeping dealerships from living down to the worst reputation possible. I've heard/read everything from unwanted add-on, to the relatively mild previously quoted "hope" the customer will walk away. Just trying to ask the question in the hope the info will help dampen some of the wilder speculation. lol

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Example:

The ordering wont be done until the dealerships start bringing you in this December. You probably will have built it out a million times in the B&P (Not sure if there is some way to transfer this B&P build to the internal ordering system at the dealership) but you will have to do it with the dealership again. Also, by that time you may get lucky and a dealership near you may have their showroom units. I know my dealership has ordered them already, but they do not have any ETA for them yet. We have heard that MAP is being updated with new infrastructure to build the Bronco from August through part of September and that they can start building some units (Assumed to be Showroom units) in November. And make sure any down payment you make in December (My dealership is not requiring it) is fully refundable. Like Granger said, a lot can change in 6 months. Just look at 2020 so far lol.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The ordering wont be done until the dealerships start bringing you in this December. You probably will have built it out a million times in the B&P (Not sure if there is some way to transfer this B&P build to the internal ordering system at the dealership) but you will have to do it with the dealership again. Also, by that time you may get lucky and a dealership near you may have their showroom units. I know my dealership has ordered them already, but they do not have any ETA for them yet. We have heard that MAP is being updated with new infrastructure to build the Bronco from August through part of September and that they can start building some units (Assumed to be Showroom units) in November. And make sure any down payment you make in December (My dealership is not requiring it) is fully refundable. Like Granger said, a lot can change in 6 months. Just look at 2020 so far lol.
Dealers cannot order anything but the Bronco Sport as of now, we will have the mannequins of them prior to the end of year but their order bank is open..

The Bronco on here is not in the order bank to view or price and will not be until B&P comes out...

Then we can order those mannequins they will not have a Job 1 this year for the Bronco...

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Talked to my saleswoman yessterday and it sounds like they are asking for $400 to actually place your order when it becomes available.
Need a new dealer....

bigsky713

Badlands
First Name
Vernon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 Ford Bronco / 2002 Ford Super Duty 7.3 PS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers cannot order anything but the Bronco Sport as of now, we will have the mannequins of them prior to the end of year but their order bank is open..

The Bronco on here is not in the order bank to view or price and will not be until B&P comes out...

Then we can order those mannequins they will not have a Job 1 this year for the Bronco...
Can customers buy in a neighboring state that they do not reside?
Example, your dealership in Iowa, and I live in Missouri?

Financing is not an issue for me but really want the best buying experience and a dealership that is that can answer questions, especially with all of the mystery around some of the specifics.

DennisMurray

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond