Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We're all getting used to seeing auto journalists confusing and conflating the Bronco Sport and Bronco but I think this might be the absolute winner...

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...o-reveals-questionable-build-qual-156522.html

How are they incapable of doing 5 minutes of research using all the photos and video available?
The amount of articles that are nothing more than the press release (sometimes) reworded is astonishing. So, it makes total sense that the same 0% effort would be given to other articles as well. As stated above, this applies to to far more that just auto journalists.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the other thread about this same “article” I pointed out that more and more of these types of pieces are actually written by computer AI.

Some of them are also written by random people for side money where they slap content together that nets them a a fraction of a penny per word, and then they are published under a handful of fake names.

The goal of these pieces aren’t to convey information... and certainly not accurate info. The goal is simply to push traffic to a site.

As long as you’re paying the talent only a little, and you can drive enough clicks (usually just through sheer volume of content) then you can make money without a ton of effort.

And certainly without paying for a whole Spotlight team.

Ford Bronco How Dumb Are Auto "Journalists" 1613998952591

Sponsored

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Funny that they highlighted a comment that was made about the door handle installed backwards. The circled button is the lock sensor. I believe Ford is now moving them toward the front part of the handle. That is the position on the Explorer I drive for work. Based on my experience that position works perfect.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We're all getting used to seeing auto journalists confusing and conflating the Bronco Sport and Bronco but I think this might be the absolute winner...

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...o-reveals-questionable-build-qual-156522.html

How are they incapable of doing 5 minutes of research using all the photos and video available?
I'm not following or understanding your criticism here?

The article does make a distinction between the Bronco and Bronco Sport which has the recall. With the WildTrak having the door code on backwards, nor the truck having any rock rails or a step, that's just a lazy slap together which is normal for all manufacturers, the engineers only care that it runs and can survive testing.

The issue with recalls is likely meant to be more historic reference which is legit to criticize Ford for because they have a terrible track record of initial build quality.

Bronco is mass produced, in theory at least since in the beginning it's being built like a luxury car meaning only built for a paying customer order (consumer or dealership is what this means), even though all are customer orders, not dealerships at first.

With the "custom" approach to the first couple of model years, I'm sure expectations are higher, even though Bronco won't live up to it since it's a mass production vehicle that is designed to fly off assembly lines.

There will be jokes about the Sport and the plant in Mexico, which isn't fair and reeks of dog whistling, but it's more than likely just the normal growing pains for a new model with bolts not having the proper torque weight.

On that other issue auto journalism has taken a big hit over the last 10-12 years. They've been cut, budgets are nothing, consolidation to where MotorTrend owns everything under one umbrella which is dumb, and there are far fewer writers.

However, without auto journalism, the consumer would suffer. Maybe not us who become compulsive about vehicles, but I'm talking the average person who just needs a ride and wants to read up on it a little before going to the dealership to get taken for a ride.

The auto journalists, like all journalists exist for our benefit. Not having them only hurts YOU.

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How dumb are consumers and " are they incapable of doing 5 minutes of reading an article using all the photos and video available?"

They noted the backwards door handle button on a video of a wildtrack and the recalls of the sport. Noting both as separate vehicles. It sounds like you are upset at a preproduction vehicle & open recalls not at the journalist in this.

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It looks like they got their info on Bronco 6g.
Gripe about Bull Bar blocking BRONCO lettering.....check
Gripe about modular bumper losing fog lights.....check
Gripe about MIC hardtop.....check

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm not following or understanding your criticism here?

The article does make a distinction between the Bronco and Bronco Sport which has the recall. With the WildTrak having the door code on backwards, nor the truck having any rock rails or a step, that's just a lazy slap together which is normal for all manufacturers, the engineers only care that it runs and can survive testing.

The issue with recalls is likely meant to be more historic reference which is legit to criticize Ford for because they have a terrible track record of initial build quality.

Bronco is mass produced, in theory at least since in the beginning it's being built like a luxury car meaning only built for a paying customer order (consumer or dealership is what this means), even though all are customer orders, not dealerships at first.

With the "custom" approach to the first couple of model years, I'm sure expectations are higher, even though Bronco won't live up to it since it's a mass production vehicle that is designed to fly off assembly lines.

There will be jokes about the Sport and the plant in Mexico, which isn't fair and reeks of dog whistling, but it's more than likely just the normal growing pains for a new model with bolts not having the proper torque weight.

On that other issue auto journalism has taken a big hit over the last 10-12 years. They've been cut, budgets are nothing, consolidation to where MotorTrend owns everything under one umbrella which is dumb, and there are far fewer writers.

However, without auto journalism, the consumer would suffer. Maybe not us who become compulsive about vehicles, but I'm talking the average person who just needs a ride and wants to read up on it a little before going to the dealership to get taken for a ride.

The auto journalists, like all journalists exist for our benefit. Not having them only hurts YOU.
I disagree

Sponsored

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the other thread about this same “article” I pointed out that more and more of these types of pieces are actually written by computer AI.

Some of them are also written by random people for side money where they slap content together that nets them a a fraction of a penny per word, and then they are published under a handful of fake names.

The goal of these pieces aren’t to convey information... and certainly not accurate info. The goal is simply to push traffic to a site.

As long as you’re paying the talent only a little, and you can drive enough clicks (usually just through sheer volume of content) then you can make money without a ton of effort.

And certainly without paying for a whole Spotlight team.

Ford Bronco How Dumb Are Auto "Journalists" 1613998952591
What happened there christmas party at fridays canceled ?

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't follow Auto Evolution, they're a garbage-spewing firm of degenerates.

The big-name mags and sites are going to have the accurate info and the talented writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.