Sponsored

How early would a reservation need to be to safely assume there would be no effect from commodity constraints?

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just heard the weirdest thing today from my local ford dealer. I have been led to believe that what determines your order for getting a bronco is where you where on the dealers list and how many broncos the dealer is allocated. today I heard that ford is going to build by model and if your order is in the first model (ie badlands) that you would be ranked by model at a given dealer.
Let's just say there are a multitude of factors that will go into the production planning. And that production planning will supersede anything else. Regardless of reservations numbers or allocations it will come down to making sure the assembly line never stops. Period. Look at your orders, figure out what parts you have to make the orders and start making stuff. Who gets what, when is for someone else to figure out. They are all sold so they don't care. All the wailing and bleating on the internet won't change a thing.
Sponsored

McBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97Wrangler(sold21)/02Avalanche/08Mustang/17Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My reservation is more than week after launch and my dealer seemed confident that I would get a MY21. I have most of the limited available options, so I don't think they factored that in. They said many of the the reservation holders did not come in and submit their orders and I was well within their allotment. I know that may affect there ultimate allotment.

I confirmed with them last week and they still seemed confident. It is a relatively small dealership so maybe that helps.

I'm skeptical based on all of the stuff I have read.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

just heard the weirdest thing today from my local ford dealer. I have been led to believe that what determines your order for getting a bronco is where you where on the dealers list and how many broncos the dealer is allocated. today I heard that ford is going to build by model and if your order is in the first model (ie badlands) that you would be ranked by model at a given dealer.
This is consistent with what we know. If say, Ford runs out of swaybar disconnects, then no Badlands can be delivered...

... following that logic, if Ford only had the parts to build Base trims, then only people who ordered the Base would be getting their Broncos, and those people would be “competing” against the other Base orders at their dealer.

(extreme example used for clarity)
Sponsored