Sponsored

How Easily will an 86 inch wide vehicle fit in a 94 in garage?

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really locking down now between the BL loaded up or the Raptor...the issue of width does throw me off a bit. My wife's Mach-E is only 74 inches wide and although it fits easily in the garage, you do have to be aware of the sides (obviously). That's narrow by Bronco standards.

Well, I used the ole laser device to see that the actual width of my garage door is 94 1/4 inches. This being the case, the 86 inch wide Raptor would seem to fit...with like 4 inches on each side. That is not too much. Mind you, I have a side load garage. The badlands would fit with about 8 inches on each side.

I'm pricing up my BL and with all I want (including soft top and tube doors), and it's sitting around 67k. The Raptor, without tube and soft top sits around 74k.

So, thoughts on the two and do y'all think the raptor would get banged up going in and out sooner or later?

Thanks...
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco How Easily will an 86 inch wide vehicle fit in a 94 in garage? 1656819963156

How good are you at parking?

My mirrors clear the garage with about 2 inches on each side, haven't hit the garage yet.

I did bang the garage parking my 88. 88 Bronco won that battle. Not sure how the 22 would fair with its plastic mirrors

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also, my antenna sometimes scrapes the bottom of the garage door pulling in(with sasquatch) so height would be my other consideration

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not that I'd know, but mirrors it's about mirrors.
Ford Bronco How Easily will an 86 inch wide vehicle fit in a 94 in garage? 20220620_084153

Which I'm guessing are the same on both?

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do you mean the garage door is 94", because if the actual garage is 94, how are you going to open the vehicle door to get out?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Would not try this on my way home from the bar. Jus' Sayin'....

slocobra03

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, Explore ST, MG, Isetta, Harley
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do this everyday with my F150 raptor. I have to fold my mirrors in to clear the garage door opening… only 2” per side with mirrors folded in…. I’ve had tires rub the door trim but no damage to truck yet.

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you’re thinking about ordering one now, the correct decision is to build a new house with a wider garage. Then, after you’ve settled into the house, your chosen Bronco will arrive about a year later.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

$74 K for a Raptor seems low. Also many dealers are going to be well over sticker on them. I say focus on the Badlands.
Yeah, even if your dealer is telling you you’ll pay msrp for that Raptor, I’d still be skeptical. We have all read plenty of those stories on here. I have a feeling that even the most of the golden ticket holders will be paying a markup.

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you mean the garage door is 94", because if the actual garage is 94, how are you going to open the vehicle door to get out?
94 is the width when measured with the doors open...let's call it the girth...lol. It's the open space that the vehicle can move in and out of...

Once in, there is space as there are two doors for two vehicles and there is a few foot space between the two doors...

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do this everyday with my F150 raptor. I have to fold my mirrors in to clear the garage door opening… only 2” per side with mirrors folded in…. I’ve had tires rub the door trim but no damage to truck yet.
Do the mirrors fold in automatically on the raptor? I assume they do but just wanna be sure...

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, even if your dealer is telling you you’ll pay msrp for that Raptor, I’d still be skeptical. We have all read plenty of those stories on here. I have a feeling that even the most of the golden ticket holders will be paying a markup.
You can order any vehicle directly from Ford and it will be the MSRP. The dealer is not allowed to mark up the price this way. I did this with my wife's Mach E and it wasn't a problem...
Sponsored