Sponsored

How Easily will an 86 inch wide vehicle fit in a 94 in garage?

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I assume Amazon sells those 55gal barrels of lube for cases just like this.
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmm. 94 minus 86 = why so many comments? I went to school back in the 80ā€™s. According the the math I was taught it should physically fit. No idea if you guys are using gen Z or Facebook math.

On a serious note I have a couple vettes in some tight garages. Tight as in the mirrors need to foldin to slip past the seals. Probably 8 inch on the passenger side and 20 on the drivers. They are fine to walk around but feels like Iā€™m trying to do yoga trying to get in and out of it. It is doable but becomes annoying the more you do it. Becomes a real pain in the ass if you forgot something inside or are working on it. Guess the point of my Monday morning ramblings are just because it will fit does not mean youā€™ll be happy with it.

Iā€™d honestly take what ever you drive now. Park it how the new one should fit on one side, put you wifeā€™s car to spec on the other.

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can order any vehicle directly from Ford and it will be the MSRP. The dealer is not allowed to mark up the price this way. I did this with my wife's Mach E and it wasn't a problem...
Youā€™re misinformed. What the dealers are allowed to do and what they do are two separate things. They routinely mark up special edition vehicles like the Mustang GT350, GT500 and F150 Raptor.

No offense, but you canā€™t compare a stock vehicle like your Mustang to a limited edition vehicle.

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Youā€™re misinformed. What the dealers are allowed to do and what they do are two separate things. They routinely mark up special edition vehicles like the Mustang GT350, GT500 and F150 Raptor.

No offense, but you canā€™t compare a stock vehicle like your Mustang to a limited edition vehicle.
We waited 1.5 years for my wife's Mach E...but, I did get it from a dealership that a buddy referred me to and I spoke directly to the owner. We now know each other and he wouldn't do this kind of thing on an ordered vehicle. I have already spoken to him about it. Small, independent dealerships are better, IMHO...but, I'm sure there are offenders on all sides.

I did see that list and it's horrible that dealerships are sacrificing good will and reputation to rip off what could be repeat customers.

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmm. 94 minus 86 = why so many comments? I went to school back in the 80ā€™s. According the the math I was taught it should physically fit. No idea if you guys are using gen Z or Facebook math.

On a serious note I have a couple vettes in some tight garages. Tight as in the mirrors need to foldin to slip past the seals. Probably 8 inch on the passenger side and 20 on the drivers. They are fine to walk around but feels like Iā€™m trying to do yoga trying to get in and out of it. It is doable but becomes annoying the more you do it. Becomes a real pain in the ass if you forgot something inside or are working on it. Guess the point of my Monday morning ramblings are just because it will fit does not mean youā€™ll be happy with it.

Iā€™d honestly take what ever you drive now. Park it how the new one should fit on one side, put you wifeā€™s car to spec on the other.
I've never tried to put a wide vehicle in there but by numbers alone, it should work. Getting in and out should be fine as there garage is wider than the doors. I'm honestly just nervous about banging it into the sides of the garage with 4 inches clearance on both sides. If people seem to do this with relative ease, I'm sure I can learn to do it. If it's inevitable that I am going to trash the fenders, then either I need different fenders, or a different model (badlands)...destroying/trashing the garage, itself, is not a good option.

I'd take out the divider between the two garage doors and put in a solo door, but, of course, the house was build with a weight-bearing support between the two doors so I cannot remove that....argh...

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If youā€™re thinking about ordering one now, the correct decision is to build a new house with a wider garage. Then, after youā€™ve settled into the house, your chosen Bronco will arrive about a year later.
And with cost of materials now what it is for buildings a house you will be used to ADM from the contractor so paying $90,000 for a $50,000 vehicle is already in your mindset

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We waited 1.5 years for my wife's Mach E...but, I did get it from a dealership that a buddy referred me to and I spoke directly to the owner. We now know each other and he wouldn't do this kind of thing on an ordered vehicle. I have already spoken to him about it. Small, independent dealerships are better, IMHO...but, I'm sure there are offenders on all sides.

I did see that list and it's horrible that dealerships are sacrificing good will and reputation to rip off what could be repeat customers.
And now your wife is supposed to drive something else and sideline the Mach E until Ford gets their battery act together.

Which is worse, battery overheating and melting car or a Toyota e vehicle where the wheels fall off?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've never tried to put a wide vehicle in there but by numbers alone, it should work. Getting in and out should be fine as there garage is wider than the doors. I'm honestly just nervous about banging it into the sides of the garage with 4 inches clearance on both sides. If people seem to do this with relative ease, I'm sure I can learn to do it. If it's inevitable that I am going to trash the fenders, then either I need different fenders, or a different model (badlands)...destroying/trashing the garage, itself, is not a good option.

I'd take out the divider between the two garage doors and put in a solo door, but, of course, the house was build with a weight-bearing support between the two doors so I cannot remove that....argh...
You need to watch "Bugsy" about half way in where Bugsy Seigel tells Del Webb to put in a f n header beam.

Seriously, when we remodeled our farmhouse the detached garage had 4 7' openings. We installed new pillars and headers and reconfigured to 3 9' doors. Felt more comfortable doing that

The Bronco mirrors do fold, although only manually, and soft unpainted flares should flex? Or 5 minutes to remove all 4 flares and thus reduce Bronco width to only outside of tires

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If he is a small dealer chances are he will never see a bronco raptor or if he does it wonā€™t be for a long time.

Just like someone said earlier that is a specialty vehicle with low production numbers, typically those wonā€™t make it to the smaller dealers until demand has majorly subsided.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Really locking down now between the BL loaded up or the Raptor...the issue of width does throw me off a bit. My wife's Mach-E is only 74 inches wide and although it fits easily in the garage, you do have to be aware of the sides (obviously). That's narrow by Bronco standards.

Well, I used the ole laser device to see that the actual width of my garage door is 94 1/4 inches. This being the case, the 86 inch wide Raptor would seem to fit...with like 4 inches on each side. That is not too much. Mind you, I have a side load garage. The badlands would fit with about 8 inches on each side.

I'm pricing up my BL and with all I want (including soft top and tube doors), and it's sitting around 67k. The Raptor, without tube and soft top sits around 74k.

So, thoughts on the two and do y'all think the raptor would get banged up going in and out sooner or later?

Thanks...
Just depen
Really locking down now between the BL loaded up or the Raptor...the issue of width does throw me off a bit. My wife's Mach-E is only 74 inches wide and although it fits easily in the garage, you do have to be aware of the sides (obviously). That's narrow by Bronco standards.

Well, I used the ole laser device to see that the actual width of my garage door is 94 1/4 inches. This being the case, the 86 inch wide Raptor would seem to fit...with like 4 inches on each side. That is not too much. Mind you, I have a side load garage. The badlands would fit with about 8 inches on each side.

I'm pricing up my BL and with all I want (including soft top and tube doors), and it's sitting around 67k. The Raptor, without tube and soft top sits around 74k.

So, thoughts on the two and do y'all think the raptor would get banged up going in and out sooner or later?

Thanks...
and just how high is the opening to the your garage?
Sponsored