Sponsored

How Exaggerated Are Claims of Vinyl Seats Being Bad?

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not like leather that would burn your legs with the top off. Hopefully people will have a chance to feel it for themselves before ordering.
Yes, but will we be able to feel it for ourselves after it's been sitting in the hot summer sun all day?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but will we be able to feel it for ourselves after it's been sitting in the hot summer sun all day?
I hope dealers get mock ups. Sun shouldn't be an issue at all. It's like some kind of stretched fabric vs old vinyl. If I had to bet, it's as if the top isn't water proof but the backing is, making it marine grade.

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not sure what type of Marine grade vinyl Ford is using, but on our boat, the light colored vinyl stays cool while the darker colors get hot. Some brands use “cool touch” vinyl which does make a difference.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I am deciding between BB or BD. I have the BB spec'd out exactly like BD (steel bumper, diff lock, mid pkg), which makes it the same cost. It just boils down to the interior- whether I should go with cloth or get MGVinyl. Everywhere I read, I see that Vinyl is not breathable, so it gets really hot and becomes a mess during highway driving. I live in TX, so this is a big deal. However, my current car has leather seats which I am fine with. If Vinyl is similar to leather in terms of comfort, then I have no issues.

I want vinyl because I have a newborn and a dog- it would make cleanup much much easier than cloth.

Thanks for any advice!
don't forget the rear steel bumper and the rubberized floor with the active drain plugs, AND the overhead switches come standard with BD too. For me, the ONLY thing I like about the BB is the name, being from Texas myself

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am deciding between BB or BD. I have the BB spec'd out exactly like BD (steel bumper, diff lock, mid pkg), which makes it the same cost. It just boils down to the interior- whether I should go with cloth or get MGVinyl. Everywhere I read, I see that Vinyl is not breathable, so it gets really hot and becomes a mess during highway driving. I live in TX, so this is a big deal. However, my current car has leather seats which I am fine with. If Vinyl is similar to leather in terms of comfort, then I have no issues.

I want vinyl because I have a newborn and a dog- it would make cleanup much much easier than cloth.

Thanks for any advice!
Vinyl seats are fine. Just fine. I would NOT pay extra for them though.

I'll likely get the BL's and get aftermarket leather down the line. (I'm not interested in black leather.)

Also, while you won't have to worry about dog hair, your dog's claws will likely scratch up vinyl. I have high end vinyl seats in my RV and my dog fucked them up.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not sure what type of Marine grade vinyl Ford is using, but on our boat, the light colored vinyl stays cool while the darker colors get hot. Some brands use “cool touch” vinyl which does make a difference.
Yep, there's a reason the vinyl seating in most boats is done in light shades. I can't understand why Ford showed us the white/light gray seating in the launch video and then yanked it out from under us. My biggest gripe thus far with this new vehicle launch.
Sponsored