First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 bronco, 77f100, 90 mustang, 05 f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My fe won't see anything past 5 for a few years anyway.. I have a eb I'll go to 10 with all day.
Sponsored

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My fe won't see anything past 5 for a few years anyway.. I have a eb I'll go to 10 with all day.
My EB has lived with this trail rating most of it's life as well.. I call it Zero regard for vehicle durability or personal safety. But as I age personal safety is playing a bigger role.

Mcfly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People have driving Black Bear for decades. 2x4, 4x4, trucks, all 4 wheels that are/were drum brakes even, manual steering, etc lol. Today's vehicles are so more capable that vehicles of yesteryear that still safely made the trip. As with anything, driver capabilites usually make or break the trip.
The “break” in “make or break” on that trail looks to go well beyond what may happen to your vehicle - you all are nuts!

RiskyB

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Living in Oklahoma, our "state maintained" roads see almost a 4! I grew up riding and racing motorcycles, 3-wheelers and 4-wheelers, played in some side by sides... all that to say I'll probably stay 5 and less until mostly paid off or severe whiskey ding... whichever comes first.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My '71 Bronco lived at a 6 with open diffs, though admittedly one had to choose lines very carefully. The new Wildtrak is much more capable than that.
Im saying my Bronco will max at 6... ;)

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Probably 5, though I have done worse roads in a 2WD F-150 with a rear locker.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just did 5 maybe borderline 6 this weekend in BadSquatch. A jeep group adopted me for 2 badge of honor trails (Snake and Fun Run) at Hot Springs ORV Park in Arkansas. First time doing anything like it and the Bronco did great. The jeeps wanted to winch me so bad, but it never gave them the chance.
20211002_111518.jpg

20211002_160315.jpg
Those are both great trails, especially Fun Run. We run most of the trails there 1-4 and some of the easy 5. All 66-77 broncos, most locked at least in the rear. Lot's locked front and back. Next time do the Rubicon (by pass Michael's Way though) and do Chrysler Canyon on the west side of the park entrance. Those are good ones as well.

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wanna be a 5/6, but I dunno if my Bug Bend can handle it.

Elliot-A51

Outer Banks
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco OBX Sasq
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only 5/6 for me so far

SF Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Cort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm level 1.5... (so far) that's to say when I'm at the mall in my 2 door Badlands and see that speed bump... I gun that MOTHER! Sometimes if I am feeling really extreme I'll throw her in crawler gear and drive over the edge of the planter box..

My age is 52 but I am forever 21...:)

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have been very extreme in the past back in the late 70's and 80's. As an engineer with an associates degree back then I made insane money and had new 4 X 4's. I would never worry if they broke. I wheeled where I wanted to although never, ever just plain beat on them. And cleaned them up thoroughly after each outing with meticulous maintenance. These days I don't make much $$ and can't afford to take a gamble on heavy wheeling and I am close to retirement. So light trails on remote roads to remote cabins is about it. And a grocery getter. I'll use the Sas on heavy rainy days too over my daily driver a track Miata.

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm level 1.5... (so far) that's to say when I'm at the mall in my 2 door Badlands and see that speed bump... I gun that MOTHER! Sometimes if I am feeling really extreme I'll throw her in crawler gear and drive over the edge of the planter box..

My age is 52 but I am forever 21...:)
Winter time is mostly down season for off-roading for me, so lately I've been attacking the center median. I figure why wait in that long line to U-turn, this is what Broncos are for! :LOL:

Trooper19

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So far with my Bronco I've wheeled most of the same trails I used to do with my JK. I just need more time to get out and explore more. I can say so far at this time at a max level 7 so far.
The JK I turtled it after owning for 6 months , hat it 8 yrs to trade it for the Bronco. The JK has been wheeled at a 10. All of my Jeep buddies are on 37's and 6" lifts, they still take the bypass routes on the trails trying to follow my stock Badsquatch.

image (5).png

20230326_150937.png

20230326_151021.png

EasternSierra

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit Connect van
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No Bronco yet, but in the past I've had a couple of 4x4 pickups with open diffs. I've certainly done plenty of fours and a fair number of fives, maybe even a 5.5. I'll be happy to do a six once I have a vehicle with lockers... and maybe even a seven (rarely) if I have enough ground clearance, a short wheelbase, and sturdy skidplates. Beyond that, well that's why I have a couple of legs and also a couple of arms, at least as long as I can use them well.

My main interest is exploring new country, and four wheeling is just one way for me to do that.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Intended 6, pushed 7 last weekend. Of course with all my skid plates I smacked and bent the crossmember instead.

PXL_20240225_220022425~2.png

PXL_20240225_220007089.png
Sponsored