First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What level is "Mall"... but then over the curb and up the berm to create your own Lion-King-Pride-Rock as you look down on the Chick-Fil-A drive through line while you eat waffle fries with Polynesian sauce and sweet tea?

Can't that be level 4? Asking for a friend.
It's probably going to have to be a 3, since the grass on the berm is gonna be smoothed and mowed. šŸ˜„
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Sasquatch set up is overkill in reality but it's perfect. If that makes sense.
makes perfect sense to me, it's what I ordered for my BL. Will I ever test it's limits? Doubt it, but if some trails somewhere throws some unexpected stuff at me, it might just get me where I'm going. I don't intend to do crazy crawling, tends to get a bit boring to me after a while, but a rough trail with the occasional crawl? Count me in. Fun stuff!
But if I can walk a trail faster than crawl it, I'll probably go hiking instead ;-)

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

We did level 7 just to drink beer in HS!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The jeep will be the one i will push harder,i cant see doing all this waiting and fussing to mess it up at least not the first week.
Iam extreme though i even pull the tag off my matressšŸ¤˜
Ford Bronco How extreme are you? Screenshot_20210408-211146_Gallery

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
makes perfect sense to me, it's what I ordered for my BL. Will I ever test it's limits? Doubt it, but if some trails somewhere throws some unexpected stuff at me, it might just get me where I'm going. I don't intend to do crazy crawling, tends to get a bit boring to me after a while, but a rough trail with the occasional crawl? Count me in. Fun stuff!
But if I can walk a trail faster than crawl it, I'll probably go hiking instead ;-)
Thatā€™s my only thing about rock crawlingā€”when itā€™s too slow. I would enjoy the stuff in the KOH videos more than 1mph crawling. So Iā€™m likely to pick trails that allow for some actual movement with occasional slow stuff. Also better if people donā€™t have to continually get out guide me. If Iā€™m just doing what someone else tells me to do, it takes the fun out of it. People who want the manual transmission should be able to relate. šŸ™‚

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The jeep will be the one i will push harder,i cant see doing all this waiting and fussing to mess it up at least not the first week.
Iam extreme though i even pull the tag off my matressšŸ¤˜
Ford Bronco How extreme are you? Screenshot_20210408-211146_Gallery
Thats super extreme, the Jeep is driving sideways, and even the bystanders are sideways. Very extreme.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Completely subjective question, that no one really knows the answer to because we have not been able to drive one yet...that being said, do we think the standard suspension & drivetrain and 32" tires will get us to level 5 maybe 6 for experienced drivers? From there is it lift/tire size that limits you or drivetrain/axel strength?

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been doing level 5 stuff in my Subaru lately. My Jeep is broken at the moment from doing level 8-9 stuff. I don't plan to go more than 7 in the bronco. At least until it's paid off...

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completely subjective question, that no one really knows the answer to because we have not been able to drive one yet...that being said, do we think the standard suspension & drivetrain and 32" tires will get us to level 5 maybe 6 for experienced drivers? From there is it lift/tire size that limits you or drivetrain/axel strength?
I think level 5 is mostly a matter of ground clearance and underbody protection for mistakes. Without protection, you would need to be more careful and might need someone to help spot you if you aren't experienced at picking the right path. I would be very hesitant to do level 6 without underbody protection because I don't have a ton off off-road experience. Some, but not enough to risk the damage a bad mistake might cause.

Sponsored

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think level 5 is mostly a matter of ground clearance and underbody protection for mistakes. Without protection, you would need to be more careful and might need someone to help spot you if you aren't experienced at picking the right path. I would be very hesitant to do level 6 without underbody protection because I don't have a ton off off-road experience. Some, but not enough to risk the damage a bad mistake might cause.
Thanks @timhood so you are saying it is more about underbody protection and ground clearance than drivetrain strength?

Wilbur's son

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Ranger 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That was the first thing about 4-wheeling I learned from my Pops. Tire placement and a good line. Very seldom did he scrape skid plates on his stock '68 Bronco. The one time he ran into trouble, skid plates didn't make a difference. A rock shifted on him and he pushed the tie rod back into the front axle as we rolled over it. He had me nudge the Bronco back after he strapped the tie rod to a tree. Later used a 2x4 and a tree back at the cabin to get toe-in close.

The Bronze

First Edition
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1967 Ford Bronco, 1993 Turbo Notchback, 2006 Sierra K1500, 2013 Sierra K1500, 2014 Sienna Mini-Van
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I ran 8 (cliffhanger) a few days ago with a Samurai, 1 early Bronco nearly stock on 35s and a handful of full-size Broncos (82-96s). That trail wasnā€™t particularly hard. It certainly wasnā€™t something that was going to result in body damage with patience and a spotter in a couple of places. So 8 all day long for me. Sometimes a 9.

Ford Bronco How extreme are you? E1CA006F-CB59-4C60-84FE-F7591E69599B

Not my rig, but this guy was cruising over this trail without a front locker!

NotaVegetarian

Badlands
First Name
Nota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco, 1979 Bronco, F250 Super Crew
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do yā€™all drink Kopi Luwak coffee too or just the local Star Bucks

OP
OP
timhood

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks @timhood so you are saying it is more about underbody protection and ground clearance than drivetrain strength?
The Bronco's drivetrain is very stout. Nothing on the specs doesn't look up to the task. Even the non-upgraded Dana axles are pretty robust. Both motors have plenty of power. Obviously some will want to push things further than a stock Bronco is prepared to go, but that's beyond Level 6 stuff.
Sponsored