Sponsored

Now with Pole: How Far Are You Traveling to Get a Bronco???

How Far You Gonna Go?

• Total voters

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
About 950 miles but I'll try to enjoy the trip. Can't say I'm looking forward to it though.

Just curious, just by the laws of supply and demand why would a dealership offer a big discount on a vehicle that is supposedly already oversubscribed? And isn’t Ford making the allocations on how many vehicles each dealership will receive?

Just doesn’t seem to make sense for a dealership to go through a year of losing money due to Covid in 2020 and then in 2021 unnecessarily discount a hot vehicle that’s likely to fly off the lot anyway.
I don't know but they seem to be doing just that. I don't really care so long as the deal happens. I'm certain they'll do fine.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Between 900 and 1450 miles. Flying into Bay Area and driving back to eastern Washington via Hwy 1 and the Columbia river gorge. In the end it will not be cheaper but my trip will be free. And the principle of giving my business to a better dealer is worth it.

JuicyJ

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

About 4 hours from Pittsburgh to Stephens auto in West Virginia. Up until a couple days ago I had my reservation with the place a couple miles away but changed to Stephens to take advantage of 1000 below invoice. Plus it will be fun driving back. Might even stay the night in Charleston make a little trip out of it.

bmattison

Black Diamond
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester, 2020 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
6 miles. My local dealer is doing invoice pricing.

Sponsored

KAQ

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Crosstreck
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

989 miles one way, fly out and drive back. Thankfully my brother is an hour from Grainger so I’ll spend a few days there which will give me time to learn the bronco before driving 14 hours.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

About 4 hours from Pittsburgh to Stephens auto in West Virginia. Up until a couple days ago I had my reservation with the place a couple miles away but changed to Stephens to take advantage of 1000 below invoice. Plus it will be fun driving back. Might even stay the night in Charleston make a little trip out of it.
Same, minus the overnight in Charleston.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious, just by the laws of supply and demand why would a dealership offer a big discount on a vehicle that is supposedly already oversubscribed? And isn’t Ford making the allocations on how many vehicles each dealership will receive?

Just doesn’t seem to make sense for a dealership to go through a year of losing money due to Covid in 2020 and then in 2021 unnecessarily discount a hot vehicle that’s likely to fly off the lot anyway.
I have been pondering this for awhile. Granger secured over 1,000 reservations. If they see a way to make $300 a vehicle then they made $300,000. I'm guessing it's closer to 1300 so $390,000. I am not sure what their volume might have been if not for the deal but maybe 100 reservations? Using the $390,000 figure then they would need to make $3900 per vehicle or basically MSRP. They obviously have ran the numbers. The dealer invoice pricing plays a part with holdback figures. Maybe making more on trades, financing, warranties, etc. making my $300 amount low. The advertising alone on this site is worth????

jmjoyas

Big Bend
First Name
Joyas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUSport, 2016 Volvo XC90 T8, 2010 Audi A4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I don't know but they seem to be doing just that. I don't really care so long as the deal happens. I'm certain they'll do fine.
Some detail from another post - https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-current-reservation-holders.9092/post-330065

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Launch deals are few and far between so many are headed out of state to get a fair deal on the new stallion.

Direct map route, how far is your journey from dealership to home? No stretching the road trip, don't go Seattle to Indy with a quick side trip to Vegas.

I'm headed to Iowa for a 877 mile trip home. Slightly under 14 hours for a Bronco.
Its not the Destination its the Journey back in my Badland Bronco!!

Screenshot_20201201-205159_Maps.jpg

AZbronco1

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
1113 miles from Prescott AZ to Granger. Gotta bunch of airline miles that are just rotting in my account. I’ll either fish my way back or hunt my way back depending on pickup date. Of course this could be 2021 or 2022 as I have two reservations-July 14 and Oct for 2022 can’t decide if I can wait for a white top and non-black interior. Seeing one this weekend in PHX may help me make up my mind!

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
120ish miles from LA to SD.