Sponsored

How far behind are Ford's systems compared to the dealers?

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Long story short we had our reservation switched from a WT to a BL on 5/28. I've got the signed paperwork preview in my email. I check my status on Ford.com daily to watch for the update and as of today 6/16 it still shows a WT on order. I called Ford this afternoon and the nice lady informed me that they do show a WT for us in there system but they could be very behind. Any ideas how long this process should take to go from my dealers system to Fords?
Sponsored

OP
OP
TheColemans05

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I placed a reservation for a WT. Switched to a BL when I ordered. I have a VIN. Ford.com still shows a WT.

I'm not worried about it as my printed confirmation from my dealer, and my email confirmation of my order (and VIN) are correct.

Edit: Reading is fundamental. Now I see you called Ford, and you didn't check on their online system. Yep - I'd reach out to my dealer as well.

Last edited:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not uncommon for very large companies with very large systems to not have the best integration. While it's very easy to whip up a website and make it do all kinds of fancy things, integrating to an existing legacy system (like an ERP) can be no easy feat.

I don't think most people have any clue as to what types of systems it takes to operate a multi-billion dollar company. Let's just say that a spreadsheet and Quickbooks ain't going to cut it.

So yes, Ford.com says I have an ODX order but I have the paperwork showing the BL that is really on order. Does it bother me? A little. But only because I don't have anything else to worry about on the Bronco front.
Sponsored