Sponsored

How good will Bronco aftermarket support be?

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm guessing the aftermarket is quite robust for the Bronco. Not too worried about aftermarket support.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The modularity that Ford incorporated into the Bronco should ensure that aftermarket companies will be tripping over themselves to provide products.

DonsBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The aftermarket is already huge for the classic broncos, so you know those companies will also support the new bronco, plus all the Jeep aftermarket companies will jump on this market, it will be huge

20Bronco21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€™22 Badlands, ā€˜23 Balands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be great if Teraflex jumped into the Bronco game with new axles and suspensions like they have for the Jeeps

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Lockable storage units in various areas.
This is a big one for me - I will be looking for a security box/drawer/deck type solution for the rear cargo area since I'm getting the soft-top. I know I can easily make something that will get the job done for a while, but will eventually want something better.

Sponsored

Deano Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cnhendricks93

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 mustang gt 1991 mustang gt 1953 F100
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I look at trims and which model Bronco that I want to get, I start to think about the after market parts that will be available. I have had three mustangs in the past. When I think about a stock mustang, I feel like it is no where what it should be until aftermarket parts are added such as an intake and aftermarket wheels. There is a huge aftermarket for them with many reputable companies. It is so tempting to want a fully trimmed Badlands, but I really am curious if broncos will be like mustangs in that the after market will be so much better than what the factory can offer. I know factory warranty comes into play, but will it be better to go base and add the aftermarket goodies like a mustang, or is factory accessories the best route. I guess only time will tell.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it is really going to come down to what you are trying to get out of your Bronco and which parts you are adding/replacing.

If you are going to beat on this, then I don't think you can do much better than a factory offering for suspension and drive train modifications. They will offer the most support when things break.

If you are going to use it predominantly on road, then you can probably get away with cheaper aftermarket stuff that would be "better" for you from a value standpoint, but I would make sure there is a good warranty.

If it is not suspension or drive train related, it will probably come down to personal preference and cost. Take lighting for example. Ford is partnered with Rigid, but some people may prefer KC or Baja Designs. They all make good products, but at this point it looks like you will only be able to get Rigid from the factory.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
If the wrangler aftermarket is any indication, there will be a ton of options in the months to come after the Bronco is released. One mod I recently found for the Wrangler that I hope will come to Bronco at some point (even though its quite expensive) is a bolt on extension to the back.

Wrangler has one and it really expands cargo space for the ultimate overland build.

https://www.americansafarijxl.com/?...kHRkWlNFcnxy0S73eoN9rAedHBoRKXHcaAiOeEALw_wcB

But like I said. Pricey ($17k-18k I think I saw)

Edit: Should mention that the expectation of a large aftermarket scene is why I'm going Base.

Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yes, much like Jeep, the aftermarket will take the Bronco far beyond anything the factory could produce. Comes down to how deep your pockets are.
Or you how deep are your pockets each time you replace something over the life of ownership.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just want downpipe, intercooler, fuel Pump, rails and other fuel management for E85 conversion and a Cobb accessport tune, just like the EB Mustangs do. There will be so Many Broncos. The aftermarket should be huge.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can't speak to the new Broncos, but if the Early Bronco offerings are any indication, there is a huge aftermarket for Early Broncos.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the wrangler aftermarket is any indication, there will be a ton of options in the months to come after the Bronco is released. One mod I recently found for the Wrangler that I hope will come to Bronco at some point (even though its quite expensive) is a bolt on extension to the back.

Wrangler has one and it really expands cargo space for the ultimate overland build.

https://www.americansafarijxl.com/?...kHRkWlNFcnxy0S73eoN9rAedHBoRKXHcaAiOeEALw_wcB

But like I said. Pricey ($17k-18k I think I saw)

Edit: Should mention that the expectation of a large aftermarket scene is why I'm going Base.
There went the rear departure angle.
Sponsored