Crockett84

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobalt SS, Camaro Z28, Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ahh......it begins again. Another glorious winter in Northern Illinois. The five-month season of snow, slush, ice, sleet, and insanely cold temperatures. I consider myself a grizzled veteran of navigating the many hazards of winter having done it my entire driving career. I've seen it all and have driven through it all. We're talking blizzards, whiteouts, ice storms, and temperatures that routinely drop below zero. I have done it in various vehicles including a CJ-7, Wranglers, Subaru, Traverse, full-size conversion van, Camaro(!), and Horizon (remember those), among other cars and trucks. But I have to say I consider my Bronco the most insanely capable vehicle I have ever owned for these kinds of conditions.

This is my second season with my BaseSquatch having received it back in January. Last winter was a walk in the park and I expect the same this year. That being said I did prep it better this year with some simple add-ons that should help it manage the weather and road conditions. I added mud/snow flaps, tire cover, portable battery charger, jumper cables, tow strap, and shackles. I'm curious what other forum members have done to tackle the winter driving season. Good luck to all my Northern Midwest compadres, and let it snow!

Ford Bronco How have you prepped your ride for winter IMG_20221115_090514

Ford Bronco How have you prepped your ride for winter IMG_20221115_090147_2
Sponsored

Last edited:

TheJess

Badlands
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Golf Sportwagen
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No winter modifications, because we are snow-deprived here in the NC Piedmont, but please, bring on the Bronco snow pictures!!