First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I plan on sending it in my new Bronco 2dr, at least once during the first year of ownership. Backstory: I bought an early Bronco right out of high school 20 years ago for this purpose but it was too nice to modify -I initially wanted a fiberglass body but found an uncut one with no rust, so I kept it original. Now I want to relive my youth and have some fun while I’m still young and dumb (37).

I’m sober and totally serious, how far and how high would you feel comfortable jumping your new Bronco?

My numbers are 1 ft off the ground, 8-10 ft distance in the sand or on a scouted trail hill. You?
Sponsored

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I plan on sending it in my new Bronco 2dr, at least once during the first year of ownership. Backstory: I bought an early Bronco right out of high school 20 years ago for this purpose but it was too nice to modify -I initially wanted a fiberglass body but found an uncut one with no rust, so I kept it original. Now I want to relive my youth and have some fun while I’m still young and dumb (37).

I’m sober and totally serious, how far and how high would you feel comfortable jumping your new Bronco?

My numbers are 1 ft off the ground, 8-10 ft distance. You?
Simple math problem. Distance + height = (speed x ramp angle)beer^2 - (how much $ left on the loan x # baby seats in the back)

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not jumping my bronco. In college we jumped a clapped out 80's caprice over an irrigation ditch ramp/tabletop. Probably about a good 20ft ended up ripping a hole in the gas tank. I am good...

OP
OP
Seventyfouronthefloor

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am not jumping my bronco. In college we jumped a clapped out 80's caprice over an irrigation ditch ramp/tabletop. Probably about a good 20ft ended up ripping a hole in the gas tank. I am good...
I think I saw that on YouTube...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd say I likely have the most experience going airborne here so here's my take. There was a video of a Sasquatch hitting a small jump, pretty low quality but it gets the point across. That clearly shows the bronco has some air potential, keep in mind that the smoothness of a jump with have a big impact on how high you can get without really hitting hard on the landing. I've jumped my bone stock raptor on worn out suspension countless times whether it be on an offroad track at durhamtown (one of the places the bronco was tested) or on the street. I don't really have a clue how good the bronco will absorb the hits going full compression, so it's a tough call. I suspect it will be around the same if not slightly worse than the 10-14 gen 1 raptors like mine with 2.5 fox shocks. I'm sure there will quickly be aftermarket 2.5 or 3.0 coilovers available that will make the bronco a beast as long as the components around it are solid like upper and lower control arms and of course the frame. I'm sure it'll be fine though as I've seen a badass mid travel current gen ranger at the track and it was awesome. Here are some pics of what my raptor can do bone stock, most of the pics are with worn suspension and on a relatively smooth ish jump.
DSC_3016.jpg
DSC_3538.jpg
_DSC9588.jpg
_DSC9594.jpg
DSC08077.jpg

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No jumping the Bronco for me - Once I land from this 1-2 year leap of faith I'm staying on the ground for a while!

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I jumped my Tempo over some train tracks. Bent the frame. I'm likely good for jumping vehicles now. I'm sure the Bronco will handle it better than a 91 Tempo but it also costs a hell of a lot more.

Sponsored

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man you guys post quickly.

I remember watching this with my father. As soon as they landed, he shouted, "Bullshit, the tires would fall off!" I don't think I ever laughed so hard in my life.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At 15 an old lady gave up driving in my block a friend and i gave her 250.00 for her nova ,we kept i behind my buddys house an there was a huge field behind.
Boy we had fun doughnuts till the cows came home,and lots of jumping!! Will i jump my bronco nope.

D190065

First Edition
First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco FE; 2015 HD RGS; 23 F150 Tremor ordered
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As high and as far as my insurance will cover... which isn't that far in today's $$$. I'll stick to the trails and watch all your videos.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will have to check out the link...lol. Some friends and I took a road trip to visit a GF of one guy and there was this dead 4 door and we took out the rental car battery and got the clunker running. We all piled in and hit the gravel. One buddy took his gen 1 lightning and hit the jump...dead flat thru the air and landed on the tabletop got about 3ft off the ground. We took the hooptie and jumped it a few times and the last time we shot over the table top and hit the down ramp hitting the gas tank. We put the clunker back and put the battery back in the rental and jumped the rental...ended up cracking the windshield after a few attempts.

Fun times
Sponsored